DBS Songs Live with LP

Linkindude92

Eh...I kind of doubt it. For one, most DBS songs are in standard guitar/bass tuning, which LP doesn't use. It also doesn't make much sense to have to teach the rest of the band to play DBS stuff, their time is better spent on other things.

Chester might do a DBS song acoustic by himself though, or something like that. Mike found a way to work FM material into the set with Points of Authority, so if Chester wants to do the same, he'll find a way.

Eh...I kind of doubt it. For one, most DBS songs are in standard guitar/bass tuning, which LP doesn't use. It also doesn't make much sense to have to teach the rest of the band to play DBS stuff, their time is better spent on other things.

Chester might do a DBS song acoustic by himself though, or something like that. Mike found a way to work FM material into the set with Points of Authority, so if Chester wants to do the same, he'll find a way.

Agreed. I don't see a full song being played (kinda of defeats the purpose of DBS) but I could definitely see something come out. It would definitely be different than Mike's verses on PoA. But like Astat said, if Mike can use his solo stuff, Chester will have every right to I'm sure. Question is, will he want to and will the set call for any of it to be used?

I fully agree!

• 6 months later...

I dunno if this would happen.

Mike can just rap over LP songs, which means he isn't actually adding to the set. The rest of the band goes about their business. Chester would have to use a slot in the set to perform something, so for that reason I don't see it happening.

im thinking of a piano song like chester does a DBS song over Breaking the habit intro or pushing me away (piano) intro.

People always suggest this but it isn't that easy. I think something like that would sound awkward.

Plus the DBS song would have to be in the same key as the LP song, unless Chester sang it different. Improvising "mash-ups" like that doesn't work nearly as well for singing, with rapping you can just rap it and it's fine.