"Over Each Other" Coming Soon?

LPLStaff

2 hours ago, Bambitt said:

I wonder why they chose to work again with external writers. They never did that before OML. 

My guess is that Mike and Brad had sessions with many musicians since 2019, not necessarily for Linkin Park. And they created some seeds/demos.
When the band evolved to what it is now and they worked on those seeds for the album, all those musicians have to be credited too.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Things Go is from 2020 (at the latest) so it's not unreasonable to think a lot of these songs could be from any time 2019-now, including parts from collaborators and other songwriters they were working with in that entire timeframe.

Honestly since Rob didn't leave the band until at least late 2022 or early 2023, what's surprising is there is no Rob credit on anything on the album since he was actively involved in the band in 2019, 2020, 2021, etc.

I wonder if Rob's "active involvement" during this period was mostly, "I'll play the drums when we get to that part of the recording process."

As for the outside songwriters thing:

Members of the band have stated that they've been screwing around with ideas and recording and writing stuff for fun since like 2019 with no thought of whether it was Linkin Park music or not. I bet a lot of these songs weren't originally envisioned as Linkin Park songs, but rather became LP songs later in the process. I feel like The Emptiness Machine was written later in the process with the goal of reintroducing the band after it was decided that they would still be Linkin Park (like, just look at the structure - Mike singing the whole first third of the song by himself anchors it in something familiar with Emily coming in later in the song to introduce the new element all while maintaining that classic Linkin Park sound).  

The fact some of those songs were started many, many years ago is an exciting prospect. 

I mean, the only other time where the band collected material over multiple years before compiling it into an album, and without touring in between, was HT, and that still holds up as their best work (imo) and a landmark in rock music. So, there is that 😊

Edited by Qwerty18

13 minutes ago, MMM said:

I have weird feeling that LP with new lineup have creativity momentum and finished not only "FZ" but polishing "LP9" right now. xD

I think so too..

They're in the mood that they finished From Zero but they have enough energy for, at least, starting to write a follow up. 

2 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

My guess is that Mike and Brad had sessions with many musicians since 2019, not necessarily for Linkin Park. And they created some seeds/demos.
When the band evolved to what it is now and they worked on those seeds for the album, all those musicians have to be credited too.

Had the same thought/theory. Basically tons of stuff was created over the last 7 years. I can't imagine how much. We saw what Mike is able to do in those Twitch streams. I don't wanna know how much more shit he created in the off time. And tons of stuff with other artist that may or may not need to be credited. 

10 minutes ago, Yucker said:

I think so too..

They're in the mood that they finished From Zero but they have enough energy for, at least, starting to write a follow up. 

If they get a good feeling out of touring due to hanging out with each other for most of the upcoming year and keep that creativity up. I don't see them taking a 3 year gap for LP9. More likely the classic 2 year gap like they had from ATS to THP.

11 minutes ago, KeysToTheLinkinPark said:

Had the same thought/theory. Basically tons of stuff was created over the last 7 years. I can't imagine how much. We saw what Mike is able to do in those Twitch streams. I don't wanna know how much more shit he created in the off time. And tons of stuff with other artist that may or may not need to be credited. 

If they get a good feeling out of touring due to hanging out with each other for most of the upcoming year and keep that creativity up. I don't see them taking a 3 year gap for LP9. More likely the classic 2 year gap like they had from ATS to THP.

Yeah I don'see them locking up in the studio until 2027 this time around, like, with FZ they had the uncertainty of how LP 2.0 without Chester would have been received, but it appears that FZ will be succesful considering TEM and HITC reception, and I giuess they have a tonshit of stuff they could work on. Colin himself said they are most likely releasing "demos/unreleased songs from FZ sessions in 2025, so...

Edited by Soeffingnaive92

2 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

I bet a lot of these songs weren't originally envisioned as Linkin Park songs, but rather became LP songs later in the process. I feel like The Emptiness Machine was written later in the process with the goal of reintroducing the band after it was decided that they would still be Linkin Park (like, just look at the structure - Mike singing the whole first third of the song by himself anchors it in something familiar with Emily coming in later in the song to introduce the new element all while maintaining that classic Linkin Park sound).  

I agree that the "start with Mike, then intro Emily" aspect was very deliberate w/ respect to the debut single, but Mike already said it existed pre-Emily and Dave as others pointed out. 

I'm definitely interested to hear how all the FZ songs relate in terms of when they were written, and if any were from OML sessions in 2017 or earlier that would be very interesting. I can definitely hear OML-esque harmonies in HITC, I'm sure at least one or two tracks will feel like that album in some way (but with "heavier" production). If OEO feels like a OML song it'll be really cool to have that on the same album as HITC which is essentially a Meteora track 

6 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

I agree that the "start with Mike, then intro Emily" aspect was very deliberate w/ respect to the debut single, but Mike already said it existed pre-Emily and Dave as others pointed out. 

I'm definitely interested to hear how all the FZ songs relate in terms of when they were written, and if any were from OML sessions in 2017 or earlier that would be very interesting. I can definitely hear OML-esque harmonies in HITC, I'm sure at least one or two tracks will feel like that album in some way (but with "heavier" production). If OEO feels like a OML song it'll be really cool to have that on the same album as HITC which is essentially a Meteora track 

Oh god we are already starting with abbreviations for Over Each Other 😂 songs not even out

1 hour ago, MMM said:

I have weird feeling that LP with new lineup have creativity momentum and finished not only "FZ" but polishing "LP9" right now. xD

Actually, I saw on Reddit that Colin was doing a live stream and somewhere in that livestream he mentioned they are still working on music. 

5 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

That interview was awful. Brad gave zero fucks.

I'm convinced that this was not the way we were meant so see this interview, and that this Indonesian network somehow obtained footage and pasted its host to make this frankenstein material. It is obvious that this interview was not conducted in this manner. I mean, Brad definitely did not go into a video call to sit there and just say “Let's have Mike answer the question”. 

First time I saw photos from the interview, it said that a Chinese journalist sat down with them. Then, it was said that it's for a Philippine network, and finally it appears all weird on an Indonesian channel. So, what the hell? 

Edited by TheUnicornOfPower

Yeah the way this information all came out is quite odd. The Indonesian press woman was just...weird and this was not done (maybe "presented" is the right word) well at all. Surprised the label saw this and let it be posted. 

This doesn't seem like a traditional interview because so many tiny bits and pieces are coming out about it.

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Yeah the way this information all came out is quite odd. The Indonesian press woman was just...weird and this was not done (maybe "presented" is the right word) well at all. Surprised the label saw this and let it be posted. 

This doesn't seem like a traditional interview because so many tiny bits and pieces are coming out about it.

i guess that the reason they pulled it off the video. Warner in Asia always did this kind of interview where they sent a person to conduct the interview session and represents from another country join the session virtually. 

4 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

I think that you need to watch some Asian interviews they are always strange it wasn't really weird for me according to asian standards.

The questions were okay nothing weird happened I actually watched it twice it was a good one.

Emily had a good vibe during the interview, mike, joe and PHX were cool too.

33 minutes ago, LPLC24 said:

I think I will just wait until the album releases until listening to it. The album is short enough as it is.

As it stands, there is approx 26 min of unheard new music coming in November.

Anything less than 25 would, to me, make it feel more like discovering an EP. I'm using this as motivation to keep the rest of the record unheard until november ^^'

Sadly the tendency of releasing a lot of songs before the album drops is extremely common these days (last decade). Just a few examples from artists I follow: 

THP: we had GATS, UIG, Wastelands, FM and Rebellion before the album. 
OML: Heavy, BS, Good Goodbye, Invisible officially released before the album + acoustic live performances of TTM and OML and OG TTM live at some shows. 
Post Traumatic: the 3 songs from the EP + Ghosts, CAL, About You and maybe Lift Off IIRC. 
TSTM latest album had 11 songs and they put out 5 songs before the release.

BMTH latest album had a lot of songs released moths or even years before they dropped it 

4 minutes ago, Soeffingnaive92 said:

BMTH latest album had a lot of songs released moths or even years before they dropped it 

fwiw, this one was probably due to the album being stuck in development hell for two years and going through a lineup change in the meanwhile

Honestly, 3 singles before an album release is a pretty good number. If we get Over Each Other and it's actually a softer track, and then nothing else until the album, I think that's a pretty good trio of songs

You have TEM as the introduction to the new lineup, HitC as the "hey don't worry we can do old school LP" single, and then OEO as the "hey don't worry there will be some range on this album" single

1 hour ago, Viren said:

fwiw, this one was probably due to the album being stuck in development hell for two years and going through a lineup change in the meanwhile

Honestly, 3 singles before an album release is a pretty good number. If we get Over Each Other and it's actually a softer track, and then nothing else until the album, I think that's a pretty good trio of songs

You have TEM as the introduction to the new lineup, HitC as the "hey don't worry we can do old school LP" single, and then OEO as the "hey don't worry there will be some range on this album" single

yeah I hope we are not getting a fourth song before Nov 15 ;)