2024.09.28 - Incheon, South Korea (Inspire Arena)

RogueSoul

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, KeysToTheLinkinPark said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encore

perhaps that helps🤔

thanks, was googling it a couple of times and didn't find it...

So basically, encore isn't encore anymore nowadays.

WoW guys, look at the drum part in Waiting for the end, after the guitar 'solo'.

Edited by Bebro

1 minute ago, Bebro said:

thanks, was googling it a couple of times and didn't find it...

So basically, encore isn't encore anymore nowadays.

Probably. For LP it’s more like „Hey here is another amazing intro we came up with“ and that they all can take a breath for a second before performing Papercut, Heavy Is The Crown and Bleed it Out. Those are high energy songs so they need it.

10 hours ago, KeysToTheLinkinPark said:

Looks like they used a backing track for Heavy Is The Crown and TEM (Not sure they used it on TEM on the other shows but i may be wrong). Not exactly sure why but I guess it's for the harmonies in the chorus. If I am correct then they used backing tracks for Talking To Myself back then as well to let the chorus sound more powefull (I guess?). Perhaps an expert can elaborate more on the usage of such things. 

Could you elaborate a bit on that? Backing track for the music, vocals? I didn't catch anything but that means shit :D

14 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

Could you elaborate a bit on that? Backing track for the music, vocals? I didn't catch anything but that means shit :D

Sorry I didn't eypressed myself well. I'm not sure if it's the music as well but in any case the vocals are played. If you watch performances of those to songs in Seoul you see Emily pointing her mic to the crowd while vocals from the track can be heard. But to be fair, those are rather quiet and obviously there to support her for some extra layers in the chorus. 

Edited by KeysToTheLinkinPark

17 minutes ago, KeysToTheLinkinPark said:

Sorry I didn't eypressed myself well. I'm not sure if it's the music as well but in any case the vocals are played. If you watch performances of those to songs in Seoul you see Emily pointing her mic to the crowd while vocals from the track can be heard. But to be fair, those are rather quiet and obviously there to support her for some extra layers in the chorus. 

Ok, I see. Thanks for the info...

12 hours ago, KeysToTheLinkinPark said:

Looks like they used a backing track for Heavy Is The Crown and TEM (Not sure they used it on TEM on the other shows but i may be wrong). Not exactly sure why but I guess it's for the harmonies in the chorus. If I am correct then they used backing tracks for Talking To Myself back then as well to let the chorus sound more powefull (I guess?). Perhaps an expert can elaborate more on the usage of such things. 

You can hear Emily's backing track for the "I only wanted to be part of something" part during the last chorus when she is singing "the emptiness machine" on almost every show including the launch show: https://youtu.be/7F5MKaJMxDc?feature=shared&t=177

6 minutes ago, KeysToTheLinkinPark said:

Not sure but for me that's her best performance of WFTE so far. Escpecially the high notes at the end. Gosh this song is so perfect for her.

Looks like Mike changed the guitar part he plays at the end, giving the song more energy. The drums are also wilder on it. One of the best songs of the set atm for sure

20 minutes ago, Sabi said:

You can hear Emily's backing track for the "I only wanted to be part of something" part during the last chorus when she is singing "the emptiness machine" on almost every show including the launch show: https://youtu.be/7F5MKaJMxDc?feature=shared&t=177

Yea I don't know it now striked my but I guess that's the problem with a lot of LP songs. They often have like 2-3 vocal parts at the same time so either they do it that way or they clone Emily lol. 2 Vocalist for 3 vocal parts seems impossible to me 😂

Thanks for pointing that out.

Hey guys at Seoul, Mike did a, interlude rap in Bleed it out before the bridge as usual, but it's not from a song I recognize. It wasn't APFMH as usual, because they did a full version of the song, and it wasn't There They Go from one of the previous shows on the tour. Could anyone help me find it? 

10 hours ago, plesh88 said:

Just watched most of the show. What a wild crowd. Mike crushing the RME rap during BIO was amazing. Song is what 28? years old.

Could you tell me what RME is?! I've been losing my mind over where the rap from BIO was since the show.

Edit: Never my mind, Reading My Eyes!! OF COURSE

Edited by cSharp

This is not critic, just something that i look to mention. Emily's voice was a little worn down on this one? I mean its ok that was a lot of a "coming back" month, but its something i noticed on TEM and WFTE (even when i liked how she did on the last note where she screams "got" and it seems that she did a change of tone that turned out well... i think i explained it right, even when i understand english is not my natural language)

1 hour ago, max91 said:

This is not critic, just something that i look to mention. Emily's voice was a little worn down on this one? I mean its ok that was a lot of a "coming back" month, but its something i noticed on TEM and WFTE (even when i liked how she did on the last note where she screams "got" and it seems that she did a change of tone that turned out well... i think i explained it right, even when i understand english is not my natural language)

I just watched bits and pieces of the show, but yeah, her voice had some unfortunate cracks and she does the same in those moments like what she did on the live stream: quickly point her mic towards the fans.

Emily switched to clean singing in quite a lot of tracks already. The difference is really noticeable on songs like Crawling in the last show.

Not sure if it's to give her voice some rest, or because the rest of the band recommended her to take it easy, or just because she thought it sounds better. 

I do think it sounds better on a fair amount of the tracks tbh, but I also liked the rasp being back in a few of the older songs like Crawling, so I dunno 😅

Edited by Qwerty18