Brad Delson

"BEYOND EXCITED TO SHARE THIS NEW CHAPTER WITH THE WORLD.
BRINGING OUR VISION TO LIFE IS THE CULMINATION OF MANY TWISTS AND TURNS, AS WE CONTINUE OUR
UNIQUE JOURNEY TOGETHER AS A BAND. WE COULDN'T DO IT WITHOUT A BELIEF IN WHAT IS POSSIBLE, EVEN
WHEN THINGS SEEM IMPOSSIBLE; WITHOUT THE ABILITY TO LISTEN, PARTICULARLY WHEN EMOTIONS RUN
DEEP; AND WITHOUT THE SUPPORT AND LOVE OF EVERYONE AROUND US. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
IN AWE OF EMILY AND COLIN FOR THEIR TALENT, PASSION, AND PARTNERSHIP. DEEP GRATITUDE TO ALL MY
BANDMATES FOR THEIR HUMILITY, HARD WORK, AND FRIENDSHIP
I'VE ALWAYS FELT DEEPLY CONNECTED TO AND PROUD OF OUR LIVE PERFORMANCES. OVER THE YEARS I'VE
REALIZED I THRIVE MOST WHEN I'M ACTIVELY WORKING WITH MY BANDMATES BEHIND THE SCENES--IN THE
STUDIO, COLLABORATING ON OUR NEW MUSIC, AND HELPING BUILD OUR LIVE SHOW.
I AM SO PROUD OF EVERYTHING WE CONTINUE TO CREATE TOGETHER. WHILE I WILL NOT BE PERFORMING ON
TOUR IN THIS NEW CHAPTER, I AM SUPER EXCITED TO INTRODUCE ALEX--MY HANDSOME DEPUTY ON THE
ROAD. ALEX IS A WORLD-CLASS MUSICIAN, A KIND AND THOUGHTFUL FRIEND, AND WE ARE TRULY FORTUNATE
HE'LL BE CONTRIBUTING HIS UNIQUE TALENT TO OUR LP UNIVERSE
FRESH EYES, HONEST APPRECIATION, AND DEVOTED TEAMWORK HAVE BROUGHT US TO THIS SPECIAL MOMENT.
THE PRIVILEGE OF SHARING OUR CREATIVITY WITH YOU. THANK YOU FOR JOINING US ON THE JOURNEY."

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_lurY4Sglx/?igsh=a2R1c2R3eWI5ZGNh

This is so sad!

The feeling is like when a dear friend moves far away. Even though you know everything is fine and he's still "around," you won't see each other as often.

I wish him the very best and hope he shows up at a concert now and then to play a song or two in the coming years.

7 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

I see him more open to be featured sometimes along the tour. But yeah, it's sad, two main pieces won't be on the stage.

Half of the band on stage will be different. I really liked what I saw, but it will take some time for my subconscious to accept and process that Linkin Park is on stage without Chester, Brad, and Rob.

14 minutes ago, LeonardoMF93 said:

Half of the band on stage will be different. I really liked what I saw, but it will take some time for my subconscious to accept and process that Linkin Park is on stage without Chester, Brad, and Rob.

I think of this way: Obviously since 2017 we’d all prepared for the possibility of a new vocalist should LP ever return. So Emily’s presence was exciting and I think opens up so many possibilities for what the music in this new era can sound like.

With Rob, Mike was right when he said that fans had noticed Rob’s absence for the last few years. So many of us had also accepted that it’s possible Rob wouldn’t be there. It’s sad that we won’t see him and he’s out of the band, but I’m also happy that he made what he felt was the best decision for him and I hope he finds happiness and success in anything he does from here on.

With Brad, I get the feeling that his choice to not tour is one made out of concern for his physical well-being. He is still very much a member of the band. He still is one of the principal songwriters in the band as well as a co-producer. He is performing on new studio material, and he’s part of the promotion for this new era. He is present in every aspect of the band except touring, and that’s alright. His talent and his creative influence is as present as ever in Linkin Park.

So while it will absolutely take some getting used to, and I’ll miss seeing Brad and his iconic headphones on stage, I am absolutely going to see this new iteration of the band performing live as soon as I can, and I’m taking solace in the reality of the situation which is that 4 of the original 6 members of the band are still in the band, and Linkin Park is an active band again in 2024.

39 minutes ago, Justin said:

I think of this way: Obviously since 2017 we’d all prepared for the possibility of a new vocalist should LP ever return. So Emily’s presence was exciting and I think opens up so many possibilities for what the music in this new era can sound like.

With Rob, Mike was right when he said that fans had noticed Rob’s absence for the last few years. So many of us had also accepted that it’s possible Rob wouldn’t be there. It’s sad that we won’t see him and he’s out of the band, but I’m also happy that he made what he felt was the best decision for him and I hope he finds happiness and success in anything he does from here on.

With Brad, I get the feeling that his choice to not tour is one made out of concern for his physical well-being. He is still very much a member of the band. He still is one of the principal songwriters in the band as well as a co-producer. He is performing on new studio material, and he’s part of the promotion for this new era. He is present in every aspect of the band except touring, and that’s alright. His talent and his creative influence is as present as ever in Linkin Park.

So while it will absolutely take some getting used to, and I’ll miss seeing Brad and his iconic headphones on stage, I am absolutely going to see this new iteration of the band performing live as soon as I can, and I’m taking solace in the reality of the situation which is that 4 of the original 6 members of the band are still in the band, and Linkin Park is an active band again in 2024.

I couldn't agree more with you. I think it's just a phase where some things are new and still need to be accepted by the subconscious.

The day before yesterday, I was hesitant about a comeback. Now everything seems to be the best possible decision.

As for Rob, he will be greatly missed. Still, I always felt that he never really cared much about being in the spotlight. I think it's a matter of personality, and when Chester passed away, he finally understood that the chapter was already over. This is completely my speculation, but maybe he wanted to leave earlier, but contracts and planning didn’t allow it.

As for Brad, there's that feeling of being in between. He's there and not there. I’m really happy that he hasn’t disappeared like Rob, but he will be greatly missed on stage. I also think it’s a health issue, but I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of him showing up for one or two songs at a future show

• martinez changed the title to Brad Delson
15 hours ago, PizzaPino said:

Doesn’t anyone feel like after all these years of „the fans are so important“ Rob could at least write a note and send us/himself off properly?

It'd be nice, but also Rob has always been the most private and withdrawn person outside of official band duties. So it's not like I feel offended or anything by his lack of communication. 

I get both sides, but I´m leaning more to the side that at least after being in a band for like what 30 years? like a twitter post or an Instagram post would have been cool. 

Its not like anyone is mad at him for quitting, I think most just wished for a little comunication.

23 minutes ago, Robrobbsen said:

a twitter post or an Instagram post would have been cool.

If we get anything from Rob, it'd probably be a written letter sent out to the band's mailing list. I don't think he's ever used social media. He has an Instagram profile with 0 posts lol. It always felt like the label insisted that he has to have social media, but his compromise was making the pages and then never using them.

Edited by Justin

tbh Rob doesn't owe us anything, he's already given so much over the years

edit: actually, maybe he already did say thanks - his last appearance with the band in 2020 for HT20 promotion 

Edited by djzap