Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

1 hour ago, YRQRM0 said:

"Be a part of something" is interesting and also has me feeling a bit unsure about our assumptions. Like I'm beginning to think more along the lines of this being a one-time tour or festival run, maybe with a new song or EP on streaming to coincide, but not something that is indefinite. 

Like, I'm not getting my hopes up for it to be an indefinite comeback yet. I'm thinking it's gonna be a limited run/celebration, maybe with content from fans similar to Mike's Open Door campaign back in the day

Think the band is back full time 

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, max91 said:

Well, now we have something ladies and gentleman.

That's more like it.

Part of me believes this was planned... but the other part does not. It's kinda weird to make this announcement less than 24h after the #EpicTrolling countdown. Maybe they thought people would take more time to figure out the 9/05 date (even though it was very easy to find) or they wanted to do a bit of damage control to the negative reactions. 

1 minute ago, KiddIsAlive said:

That's more like it.

Part of me believes this was planned... but the other part does not. It's kinda weird to make this announcement less than 24h after the #EpicTrolling countdown. Maybe they thought people would take more time to figure out the 9/05 date (even though it was very easy to find) or they wanted to do a bit of damage control to the negative reactions. 

Adam is back, they didn't expect us to take longer than we did. Ht20 they had to lock things up specifically bc they know we would find ways around it

Just now, AParallelogramInTheSand said:

Adam is back, they didn't expect us to take longer than we did. Ht20 they had to lock things up specifically bc they know we would find ways around it

Yeah, that's why I fall more on the "damage control" side. Yet again, this could be planned from the start. But it is kinda weird. The timer is still going too

1 minute ago, KiddIsAlive said:

Yeah, that's why I fall more on the "damage control" side. Yet again, this could be planned from the start. But it is kinda weird. The timer is still going too

It is impossible that this was a short notice reaction and they pulled the announcement forward. The sign up for the event is today and tomorrow and the event itself is happening in a week. They couldn‘t have announced it at a later date or otherwise it simply wouldn‘t have worked out. In my opinion it must have been planned like that which is really random. 

I think this was planned, they couldn't have come up with an in-person event on the spot. They have to book the place with enough space with only few days left, still need enough time to invite people, everyone from the team needs to have time. And you can't just invite fans on the same day when the event is. And if it wasn't planned to be an in-person event in the first place they would never be able to change it on the spot with everything already set in place and paid.

Emily Armstrong, the lead vocalist of Dead Sara, could be an intriguing choice as the next vocalist for Linkin Park for several reasons:

1. **Vocal Power and Versatility**: Emily Armstrong is known for her powerful, gritty voice that can handle both melodic and aggressive styles. This versatility aligns well with Linkin Park's dynamic range, from the softer, more melodic tracks to their heavier, nu-metal roots.

2. **Stage Presence and Energy**: Armstrong has a commanding stage presence and high energy, traits that are essential for a band like Linkin Park, known for their intense live performances. Her ability to engage the audience would be crucial in filling the void left by Chester Bennington.

3. **Emotional Depth**: Linkin Park's music often delves into themes of pain, loss, and inner struggles. Armstrong's raw, emotive delivery could resonate with these themes, bringing a new yet fitting emotional depth to the band's music.

4. **Alternative Rock/Metal Background**: Dead Sara’s sound shares some similarities with Linkin Park's, particularly in its fusion of rock, alternative, and post-grunge elements. This background could allow Armstrong to seamlessly blend into Linkin Park’s existing sound while also bringing her unique influence.

5. **Experience and Respect in the Industry**: As an experienced artist who has garnered respect within the rock community, Armstrong could bring credibility and a fresh perspective to Linkin Park, helping them evolve while honoring their legacy.

Overall, Emily Armstrong's vocal abilities, stage presence, emotional intensity, and rock background make her a compelling candidate to take on such a significant role.

New member, monstrously long time lurker. My tinfoil hat theory is a combination of things regarding the direction sonically of the band. I have no thoughts on the singer, but I think that the use of the logo from the MTM era rather than 'fixing' the current logo.. the bleed it out video, already over being relatively aligned to that type of rock music I think we will see new music and sonically we will return to that era and we will see a 'rock album' 

My guess to the famous 09/05 date is that, if there's a new song, it will be teased. if there has a new singer TBA, they will do on that date, but if a new song has to be released it will not be on that date.

Everybody knows that this releases are generally on fridays, and 09/05 is a Thursday. Maybe we get at least a snippet of it and the only people who gets the full song is the one on the event (if the event is for that) when they record the video (if there's actually a recording of it too).

This is my guess. I dont know what of it could be real or not, the only thing that im very confident, is that if they have new material to show us, it will not be (at least on full) on 09/05 because is not friday.

Edited by max91
Corrections on words

On a semi-related thought, I was initially pretty confused by the release of Papercuts. Seemed rather out of the blue imo, but with this in motion probably even before that I could see how this factors into.. whatever the actual announcement might be. 

Heck, I even think the new logo teased for next week was in the same vein as the Papercuts shots lol

1 hour ago, max91 said:

My guess to the famous 09/05 date is that, if there's a new song, it will be teased. if there has a new singer TBA, they will do on that date, but if a new song has to be released it will not be on that date.

Everybody knows that this releases are generally on fridays, and 09/05 is a Thursday. Maybe we get at least a snippet of it and the only people who gets the full song is the one on the event (if the event is for that) when they record the video (if there's actually a recording of it too).

This is my guess. I dont know what of it could be real or not, the only thing that im very confident, is that if they have new material to show us, it will not be (at least on full) on 09/05 because is not friday.

Albums are always released on Fridays, Singles can be released on various different days and releasing singles on a Thursday is a growing trend. 

Edited by Smarky

12 minutes ago, Smarky said:

Albums are always released on Fridays, Singles can be released on various different days and releasing singles on a Thursday is a growing trend. 

Billboard tracking is Friday - Thursday, so singles also usually are on Friday. 

Considering they're pushing the VMAs, I imagine they would do a traditional Friday drop to maximize Billboard points. 

An announcement next Thursday (with a listening party/live performance/whatever for LPU members) for the new single to be released on Friday, September 13th, wouldn't surprise me. It would line up with the altguy leak as well since it would be the second week of September.

Edited by leftshoe18

This Emily Armstrong theory got me. Her name has 5 and 9 letters, she is able to sing melodic as well scream, so I got curious and went to see her Instagram:

She follows Joe, Phoenix and both Mike and Anna Shinoda 👁️🔍🕵🏻

2 hours ago, JZLP-RoadsUntraveled said:

Emily Armstrong, the lead vocalist of Dead Sara, could be an intriguing choice as the next vocalist for Linkin Park for several reasons:

1. **Vocal Power and Versatility**: Emily Armstrong is known for her powerful, gritty voice that can handle both melodic and aggressive styles. This versatility aligns well with Linkin Park's dynamic range, from the softer, more melodic tracks to their heavier, nu-metal roots.

2. **Stage Presence and Energy**: Armstrong has a commanding stage presence and high energy, traits that are essential for a band like Linkin Park, known for their intense live performances. Her ability to engage the audience would be crucial in filling the void left by Chester Bennington.

3. **Emotional Depth**: Linkin Park's music often delves into themes of pain, loss, and inner struggles. Armstrong's raw, emotive delivery could resonate with these themes, bringing a new yet fitting emotional depth to the band's music.

4. **Alternative Rock/Metal Background**: Dead Sara’s sound shares some similarities with Linkin Park's, particularly in its fusion of rock, alternative, and post-grunge elements. This background could allow Armstrong to seamlessly blend into Linkin Park’s existing sound while also bringing her unique influence.

5. **Experience and Respect in the Industry**: As an experienced artist who has garnered respect within the rock community, Armstrong could bring credibility and a fresh perspective to Linkin Park, helping them evolve while honoring their legacy.

Overall, Emily Armstrong's vocal abilities, stage presence, emotional intensity, and rock background make her a compelling candidate to take on such a significant role.

Thanks ChatGPT.

On 8/29/2024 at 10:38 PM, Elaine said:

Thanks ChatGPT.

Not everything about chat gpt is bad 🙂

On 8/29/2024 at 10:30 PM, XESTAH said:

This Emily Armstrong theory got me. Her name has 5 and 9 letters, she is able to sing melodic as well scream, so I got curious and went to see her Instagram:

Also Adam R who is back w the band follows her.

28 minutes ago, XESTAH said:

But do they follow her? 👀