Interview with Mike Shinoda, New album info

Nameless

You dont have to agree about EVERYTHING to love something, its like having a girlfriend, you love her but you still hate some little details about her haha

I love the band man

I love their music, i love Chester's vocals

I love almost everything that they do

they were the first band that i liked since the 2001, and they are my favorite band to date

LP is in my blood

I just don't like the way they release their music, they've been around as linkin park since the 2000 and they only have 3 albums. John Frusciante has 10 solo records and 3 EP's in 10 years (plus he's member of RHCP and Mars Volta) it must be Warners problem. but i dont hate warner, they have supported the band a lot and they are in the top because of us and warner.

Hopefully that changes soon. I know Mike has been talking about how the band wants to make a conscious effort to put more music out more often.

Just a tip for the newbies

I've been following LP since the 2001, and they always lie when they give you a description of a new album, dont trust them, you will get so excited and they will let you down lol

He doesn't so much lie, he just doesn't know what he's saying sometimes. Or plans change.

I haven't seen many reviews of songs that refer to the guitar track in a singular form, regardless of how many individual parts are in the song. Plus any professionally-recorded song with distorted guitar parts has more than one guitar playing on the track due to doubling and whatnot. There are at least 3 guitars playing on the studio version of New Divide even though there's only one part.

If there was more than one part, somebody other than Brad would be playing guitar in the video.

Thanks for the information, that's interesting!

They said LPU8 would be unique, and it WAS unique. They said RTR would have extras, and regardless of how lame the 3 tracks at the end was, they still are, by definition, "extras." They didn't lie a single time about either of those products, end of discussion.

The extras were in the original show and therefore should not be deemed as being extras. Warner was being deceitful in making that statement.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

Why are you all reading so much into it. He is simply saying he wants to make good music, if he had said the words, "we just want a good album" you all wouldn't react this much. Anti-suck=good --> chill.

Anyway, it will be a good album, and if your expectations of it are just that low, then you really need to move on to another band ;)