Who is the new producer ?

I'm going to say its in all likelihood Mike Shinoda with a small, small outside chance it might be Howard Benson who also produced DBS.

It won't be Mike. The band recently said that they've found a new producer, I think it was Chester on his Twitter page. He said something like "we've lined up a producer for the album but we're keeping that a secret for now." If it was still Mike, he wouldn't say something like that. They've been saying all along that "it'll be Mike unless we find someone else." Mike was just their default producer for the album if they couldn't find anybody else they were interested in working with, just like he was in the early stages of the MTM process.

Edited by Astat

It won't be Mike. The band recently said that they've found a new producer, I think it was Chester on his Twitter page. He said something like "we've lined up a producer for the album but we're keeping that a secret for now." If it was still Mike, he wouldn't say something like that. They've been saying all along that "it'll be Mike unless we find someone else." Mike was just their default producer for the album if they couldn't find anybody else they were interested in working with, just like he was in the early stages of the MTM process.

Unless he said that to throw us off, or over think it, in which case, he did a very good job, lol.

While Chester may have said this, Mike's vague comments regarding the producer role in a Billboard interview a few weeks ago has further fueled my year-long thought that he would be the producer and I still believe so. Mike says they are "half-way" through the music, why bring in some one so late in the game. I realize there's still probably 7-8 months (maybe more) of music to be written, but, in my own opinion, I think it's Mike and Chester said just to be more vague. In fact, I actually think that Twitter quote is around the same thing Mike said in the interview. If it's not Mike, I would think Benson would be a top candidate but who would know.... so long as its not Rick Rubin.

While Chester may have said this, Mike's vague comments regarding the producer role in a Billboard interview a few weeks ago has further fueled my year-long thought that he would be the producer and I still believe so. Mike says they are "half-way" through the music, why bring in some one so late in the game. I realize there's still probably 7-8 months (maybe more) of music to be written, but, in my own opinion, I think it's Mike and Chester said just to be more vague. In fact, I actually think that Twitter quote is around the same thing Mike said in the interview. If it's not Mike, I would think Benson would be a top candidate but who would know.... so long as its not Rick Rubin.

That actually might be where I saw it. My first thought was it was on Mike's blog, but I looked and didn't see it there, so my next assumption was that it was on Chester's Twitter page. That interview is probably it though.

I just don't get why, if Mike was still the producer, they'd change gears and try to make people wonder who it is, since they were pretty open about him being the producer earlier on in the process. Benson was my first guess.

I'd really like to see them work with Bob Ezrin, especially if they're still planning on doing a concept album.

Edited by Astat

i think mike will not produce the the whole album himself , they will surely have a producer.

but i wanted it to be Rick Rubin again , the guy is a genius , i love all his work , with metallica and slayer and obviously M2M .

but i think it will not be posible , b'cos he is working with 10 years (or any other band from PR tour , not sure)

That actually might be where I saw it. My first thought was it was on Mike's blog, but I looked and didn't see it there, so my next assumption was that it was on Chester's Twitter page. That interview is probably it though.

I just don't get why, if Mike was still the producer, they'd change gears and try to make people wonder who it is, since they were pretty open about him being the producer earlier on in the process. Benson was my first guess.

I'd really like to see them work with Bob Ezrin, especially if they're still planning on doing a concept album.

I just think they have officially decided to go with Mike. For the past 7-8 months of writing in the studio, I think they were open to having a producer but just like Mike do the role... months and months later, he is still in that role so mine as well let him finish out the record. That's my thinking on it. I would think if they had a producer lined up, why hide it? Mine as well let it be known. However, if it's Mike, hide it and let the speculation begin, as it has.

I'm not real familiar with music industry producers outside of Don Gilmore and the big names Rubin, and Benson, etc.

I just think they have officially decided to go with Mike. For the past 7-8 months of writing in the studio, I think they were open to having a producer but just like Mike do the role... months and months later, he is still in that role so mine as well let him finish out the record. That's my thinking on it. I would think if they had a producer lined up, why hide it? Mine as well let it be known. However, if it's Mike, hide it and let the speculation begin, as it has.

I'm not real familiar with music industry producers outside of Don Gilmore and the big names Rubin, and Benson, etc.

Bob Ezrin did The Wall by Pink Floyd and a bunch of Alice Cooper's stuff. He's also worked with Janes Addiction, Deftones, and 30 Seconds to Mars in the past few years.

Bob Ezrin did The Wall by Pink Floyd and a bunch of Alice Cooper's stuff. He's also worked with Janes Addiction, Deftones, and 30 Seconds to Mars in the past few years.

Sounds good outside of Jane's Addiction. Fairly diverse, could work well with LP.

I suppose we will just have to wait for an official annoucement, but I would be very surprised if its someone other than Mike.

by the what is don gilmore doing now a days ?

I think he's currently working on some stuff with Bullet For My Valentine, and he produced a few tracks on Hollywood Undead's last album. He's kind of fallen off the map a bit, he's not nearly as in-demand as he was a few years ago.

LP should work with John Feldman. He did The Used's last album, as well as Escape The Fate's latest album and a bunch of other good bands, I think he worked with Atreyu too but I could be wrong. I think he would be a good fit for LP actually, the only concern I would have is that he tends to make bands less heavy, and I want a heavy ass LP album but we probably won't even get any heavy tracks this time around.

i think he's currently working on some stuff with Bullet For My Valentine, and he produced a few tracks on Hollywood Undead's last album. He's kind of fallen off the map a bit, he's not nearly as in-demand as he was a few years ago.

he was never in demand

there is no info about him on net

only that he was producer for LP and Avril.

but i loved his work no matter what

• 4 months later...