New Divide - Music Video/Single/Soundtrack Info

HybridThe0ry97

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if that's the right thread to speak about it, but since I haven't found any other ... I just heard the Transformers score album, and my initial fears after seeing the track list have been confirmed: there's just this one track "Nest" that contains music by LP, the rest is just the espected film music at its worst. Hell, they should have let LP write the whole damn thing, Mike alone is a way more capable composer than Jablonksy or any of those other Zimmer clones. Maybe just get someone who arranges music for an orchestra, and the result could have been far more convincing. The only time something acutally happens in the score is when some of Zimmer's past works are ripped off, this time around most notably King Arthur (and a little Pirates of the Caribbean here and there - which is, granted, not really a Zimmer rip-off, since these scores were composed by about 15 different people).

Seriously, the one track featuring LP is by far the most interesting ... take that from someone who collects and devotely listens to (classical) film music for a large part of his life.

Now my only hope is that Jablonsky is just a dick who wants to have as much of his own music on the album as possible, and that there is more LP score in the movie ...

Edited by thefly

Nope.

No problem, i removed the link, so you will not blame me later for breaking forum rules . But as for me, forum rules about TVRips ans stuff like that (radio rips...) are totally nonsense. IMHO Edited by STINGER_LP

Not sure if that's the right thread to speak about it, but since I haven't found any other ... I just heard the Transformers score album, and my initial fears after seeing the track list have been confirmed: there's just this one track "Nest" that contains music by LP, the rest is just the espected film music at its worst. Hell, they should have let LP write the whole damn thing, Mike alone is a way more capable composer than Jablonksy or any of those other Zimmer clones. Maybe just get someone who arranges music for an orchestra, and the result could have been far more convincing. The only time something acutally happens in the score is when some of Zimmer's past works are ripped off, this time around most notably King Arthur (and a little Pirates of the Caribbean here and there - which is, granted, not really a Zimmer rip-off, since these scores were composed by about 15 different people).

Seriously, the one track featuring LP is by far the most interesting ... take that from someone who collects and devotely listens to (classical) film music for a large part of his life.

Now my only hope is that Jablonsky is just a dick who wants to have as much of his own music on the album as possible, and that there is more LP score in the movie ...

Or maybe the rest of the LP music in the movie is just direct samples of New Divide, rather than new music built around it, which is pretty much what they've been saying all along. It's already been confirmed that New Divide shows up in the movie like 16 times.

Has ANYBODY bought the single yet? I'm amazed the instrumental/acapella still haven't leaked anywhere.

Edited by Astat

Has ANYBODY bought the single yet? I'm amazed the instrumental/acapella still haven't leaked anywhere.

Will buy it tomorrow =)

It's good that it doesn't leaked....I hate it if something leaks before it's out...

LP recording the full score? No way! they have lost a lot of time..

It's time to work more in the new album.

no in germany it's out tomorrow!

athey adjusted the release date from 12th to 19th

Ahh, hadn't seen that, guess that means the UK release date was pushed back to the 22nd or 23rd then. Jeez, there have been so many repeated delays with almost everything regarding this song, whoever's in charge of setting LP's release dates these days really needs to get fired.

LP recording the full score? No way! they have lost a lot of time..

It's time to work more in the new album.

No, they didn't record the full score, but they way Mike put it on his blog suggested that they had the opportunity to "work on the score" with Jablonsky & Co., which to me means more than only snippets from the song. And to my ears that track "Nest" has more than just clips or layers form the song in it.

But who knows. Maybe it all didn't work out the way it was planned. Wouldn't be the first time in a film production that certain plans (especially music-wise) get scrapped.

Edited by thefly

No, they didn't record the full score, but they way Mike put it on his blog suggested that they had the opportunity to "work on the score" with Jablonsky & Co., which to me means more than only snippets from the song. And to my ears that track "Nest" has more than just clips or layers form the song in it.

But who knows. Maybe it all didn't work out the way it was planned. Wouldn't be the first time in a film production that certain plans (especially music-wise) get scrapped.

I think everything in Nest that's not initially from New Divide was just whatever Steve added to it. There's some guitar notes in there that aren't in New Divide, but it sounds like he just pitch-shifted the existing parts as needed (he already slowed it down substantially so there's no reason why he wouldn't do other editing to it). There's some scratching parts in there, but I think those are present in the verses of the original song and Steve just brought them up to make them more prominent.

Plus, the film score is never indicative of exactly what's in the movie anyway. They always use a combination of score music and stuff from the film soundtrack, and they almost never use all of a selected piece in the movie itself. All of the film score stuff will likely be in the movie at some point, but only in small portions. New Divide is supposed to be in the movie like 16 different times, so Steve/Hans probably just pulled various samples from the song to use in different spots (think Leave Out All the Rest in CSI for example). Nest is worthy of an inclusion on the score because it's an original piece of work, it just happens to use portions of New Divide in it.