Mike Shinoda Guests With G Flip in Sydney

LPLStaff

While in Australia for his new era promotion, Mike found time to step on stage a familiar venue to him, Sydney's Enmore Theatre, to guest with G Flip.

Mike came out and sang on "The Worst Person Alive" by G Flip and added a bit of Linkin Park's "In the End" to the song as well.

The Enmore Theatre is home to the famous show where Linkin Park fans broke the floor of the venue in 2001 while touring for Hybrid Theory, and Mike returned in 2006 to headline it with Fort Minor and tell the story of that night.

This guest appearance follows Mike guesting with grandson in June in Los Angeles. Two guests spots in a year... maybe some Mike Shinoda shows are coming...?

There's a full vid on YouTube here: 

Mike is clearly eager to keep LP material alive on the stage, and G Flip sounds great. I hope this new Mike era includes a lot of this and eventually, he does recorded music with guests like this who can elevate his writing beyond what he can do vocally. I wonder if that comment about is new stuff not having guests is limited to the next song or the entirety of whatever he's planning to release next

12 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

"not having guests that scream" 

he said that specifically.

He clearly doesn’t want to create an imitation of LP in his future music and it’s totally understandable. I mean, I bet he would never want to be “Mike Shinoda with someone who tries to sound like Chester” 

Ah I must have missed that. Yeah no doubt we will never get, say, a song with him in the verses and Oli Sykes in the chorus/bridge, it would be too similar. But I could see him doing stuff with someone like 100 Gecs who have very aggressive vocals but are doing it in a fresh way (outside of Billie Knows Jamie which is basically nu metal) 

I thought Lights on Last One To Know was great, she added a brightness and energy that Mike couldn't do himself but it didn't feel at all like a Chester replacement.

I think this is great. People need to understand that even if LP does come back someday it won’t be the LP we once knew either way, that era is over sadly. But we luckily still have Mike doing his thing and I think if LP ever does come back they will do it as a 5 piece and Mike will be very seasoned to handle that role. And if they don’t want to come back someday that is also ok, why should it be up to anyone but them? Lots of emotions and stuff involved too. 

10 hours ago, o863 said:

I think this is great. People need to understand that even if LP does come back someday it won’t be the LP we once knew either way, that era is over sadly. But we luckily still have Mike doing his thing and I think if LP ever does come back they will do it as a 5 piece and Mike will be very seasoned to handle that role. And if they don’t want to come back someday that is also ok, why should it be up to anyone but them? Lots of emotions and stuff involved too. 

some people think, the band, owe the fans. which is kinda dumb. also, maybe Mike's new solo stuff is for him to warm-up or prep for LP next album? we dont know but there's a possiblities. so that when LP new materials comes up, fans doesnt shock when Mike fronting the band, lead the vocals. expecting "clever" comments like "Mike sucks!", "LP is dead when Chester gone", "sorry mike, chester's better" and etc.

23 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

Ah I must have missed that. Yeah no doubt we will never get, say, a song with him in the verses and Oli Sykes in the chorus/bridge, it would be too similar. But I could see him doing stuff with someone like 100 Gecs who have very aggressive vocals but are doing it in a fresh way (outside of Billie Knows Jamie which is basically nu metal) 

I thought Lights on Last One To Know was great, she added a brightness and energy that Mike couldn't do himself but it didn't feel at all like a Chester replacement.

Totally in for something energetic that doesn’t feel like a Chester clone. I totally get why Mike wouldn’t want a song with Oli or Sam Carter 

• 5 months later...