Mike Shinoda for Genius' Verified | In My Head

PeppePark

Mike Shinoda is featured on a new episode of GeniusVerified series, talking about the concept and production of "In My Head".

"Mike Shinoda stopped by GENIUS to discuss his introspective new song "In My Head." The Linkin Park star produced this self-reflective track, which deals with the voices that echo in our minds. This thoughtful and infectious fan favorite cut appears on the official Scream VI soundtrack and it features the vocalist Kailee Morgue. On this episode of VERIFIED, Shinoda explains how iconic rappers like JAY-Z and Snoop Dogg inspired some of the songwriting techniques that make up the track."

Mike singing is sometimes considered to be an unknown thing to Linkin Park fans, weirdly. Usually because we're used to Chester being the lead singer and all. But Mike does a lot of the backing vocals throughout the discography and even has some songs that just straight up have him (Massive, No Roads Left being great examples.) and his singing voice honestly only gets better with age. In My Head is so VERY good and keep in mind, he still does the higher backing vocals behind Kailee Morgue, too.

2 minutes ago, SardonicallyParanoid said:

Mike singing is sometimes considered to be an unknown thing to Linkin Park fans, weirdly. Usually because we're used to Chester being the lead singer and all. But Mike does a lot of the backing vocals throughout the discography and even has some songs that just straight up have him (Massive, No Roads Left being great examples.) and his singing voice honestly only gets better with age. In My Head is so VERY good and keep in mind, he still does the higher backing vocals behind Kailee Morgue, too.

It's been 6 years that exactly for these reasons LP should go on in my opinion

Just now, DavideLP said:

It's been 6 years that exactly for these reasons LP should go on in my opinion

They could definitely do it. Mike's a powerful singer and an emotional writer. It would be different without Chester but it would work and it'd be nice to see these guys getting back into things. I do very much miss Linkin Park together, in whatever capacity.

2 minutes ago, SardonicallyParanoid said:

Potrebbero sicuramente farlo. Mike è un cantante potente e uno scrittore emotivo. Sarebbe diverso senza Chester, ma funzionerebbe e sarebbe bello vedere questi ragazzi tornare alle cose. Mi mancano moltissimo i Linkin Park insieme, a qualsiasi titolo.

I agree with you 100%. Chester memory will live forever and LP deserve to keep going

On 5/24/2023 at 6:17 AM, SardonicallyParanoid said:

They could definitely do it. Mike's a powerful singer and an emotional writer. It would be different without Chester but it would work and it'd be nice to see these guys getting back into things. I do very much miss Linkin Park together, in whatever capacity.

Im getting tired of waiting. I just need an answer if it's over it's okay ill find a way to accept that.

but it's getting really frustrating.

On 5/27/2023 at 11:14 AM, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Im getting tired of waiting. I just need an answer if it's over it's okay ill find a way to accept that.

but it's getting really frustrating.

I can understand that, but I think the answer to the question is no, they are not done. Pretty sure they've said anything but touring is on the table as of right now, don't quote me on that though.

2 hours ago, SardonicallyParanoid said:

I can understand that, but I think the answer to the question is no, they are not done. Pretty sure they've said anything but touring is on the table as of right now, don't quote me on that though.

Yeah he said “touring is the only thing that is off the table right now” or something really similar to that. 

On 5/23/2023 at 10:11 AM, PizzaPino said:

Since when does Mike sing like that damn. 

Umm dear Mike has always sung like this. Go listen to Fort Minor. It’s all Mike Shinoda. Music, production , everything. You must be a new fan or one that thought only Chester sang. Even with Linkin Park Mike sung on it. Mike also made an album after Chester died called  post traumatic. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 8:57 AM, LpChazgurl said:

Umm dear Mike has always sung like this. Go listen to Fort Minor. It’s all Mike Shinoda. Music, production , everything. You must be a new fan or one that thought only Chester sang. Even with Linkin Park Mike sung on it. Mike also made an album after Chester died called  post traumatic. 

uhm… ok.