Phoenix: "I don't think we're done as a band. I think there's something on the horizon but I can't give you a timeline."

LPLStaff

I know that even if LP continues with a new singer, (which will admittedly be VERY divisive in the fanbase) I will support them anyway. I support them also if they want to continue as a 5-piece. I’d even support them just releasing vaulted material & calling it quits afterwards. They are in an impossible situation you guys are right because every choice they make is going to have some form of backlash. But I’m confident they’ll figure it out, Phoenix says they’re not done, so. Guess we’ll see? Hoping for something this year, but it’s foolish to put a timetable on it when he says they literally don’t have one.

6 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

Which two bands do you mean?

Bands like Coldplay or fallout boy

Never listened to them but I see them everywhere

6 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Interesting take, but in my opinion 2004 was the year that they were the biggest band in the world, it's the image that any person you ask randomly has of Linkin Park. 2007 onwards they were big, but not so much. I agree that OML was a conscious attempt to sit in the throne again, and if Chester hadn't killed himself they might have achieve that, but it's an eternal guessing name. LT was a false step, half of the record was commercially appealing and the other half too weird for not hardcore LP fans. Instead, following the ATS / THP was career suicidal. 

They would appease the hardcore fans who can't move on with lpu demos but the problem now is I don't think there is 1 person in the world who could fill Chesters shoes not in the meaning of replacing him, someone they could feel unity with, lp has always been a melancholic band their demos reflect this. 

They will definitely start touring again. But a new vocalist? I don't think so, its just too much for him, no matter who it is. Just like Fred durst who got the group together at first they did more poppier demos later on but scrapped them just like Linkin park and he always talked about the pressure of trying something new, either breaking through the mold or failing. Failure was my biggest fear and it came to be true, but look at them now they're still making songs they wanted to do at the time they couldn't but they're still relevant and they're good

One more light had okay moments, I liked mikes collab in good goodbye, heavy and of course talking to myself. But the rest felt like a drag, they should've bought in someone like travie McCoy who mixes all the genre lp likes into digestible pop songs which btw all his songs were legendary 2010s songs shadowed by his collabs with giants of the time, yeah he faded but he made killers no doubt. 

I don't think no one could blame them if their album flops which I highly doubt it would. No sugar coating it they have the excuse to do one more album in any style they want but I have a feeling it'll be like minutes to Midnight if they decide to do it. 

if you guys want someone who sounds the closest to Chester, Jeff gutt fits the bill and his tastes and compositions are phenomenal, nil difference to Linkin Park. 

I still can't get over the diehard South american fanboys wanting Mark back and finally finishing off lp. 

What the band needs right now is to finish off this Meteora|20 marketing and promotion stuff. Once that's out of the way, LP can start discussing what's next for the band. This is the right time since the band is on the HYPE with Meteora and stuff. "Lost" is doing great on the chart, the HYPE is there. Once they see the numbers and sales of how well the reception of the band 5 years and a half since Chester's passing. 

They are currently testing the waters right now. Shinoda's In My Head is doing great on the chart as well. The band is globally missed, so there's no point in discontinuing the band.

Once everything is set, the band can talk about choosing the producer for the band (MS and BBB need to step down as producers). THP and OML were mid as hell. Get someone who has a lot of experience when it comes to producing. Hire Brian Eno (maybe) as long they won't hire Max Martin. If they want to do folk, hire Aaron Dessner. Write as many songs as they would like. Experiment but not crazy experiment like they did during ATS era since this is about reintroduction to the world. Paramore did a great job with their self-titled album in 2013. 

I think Phoenix is being overly optimistic. Didn't he also say in early 2020 that they were working on new music? And then last year Mike came out and said "no music, no album, no tour."

I've felt since the day Chester passed that we'll never get anything truly new from LP ever again. I just don't see them figuring out a way to move on without Chester while still being Linkin Park. If anything happens, I think it'll be Mike as a solo artist with the other guys contributing to some or all songs. Maybe not even all of them, maybe just Joe and Phoenix. It just doesn't seem tenable to me to continue LP in any manner.

And, if I'm being completely honest, I don't really want to see a version of LP without Chester. No, pre-Chester LP doesn't count in that - we know exactly what this band should be, and it's those six guys. I don't fault anyone at all for wanting to see LP move forward, but me personally? I'm not interested in a new configuration. So maybe I'm projecting a little bit when I say I don't think LP is coming back, but I just feel like the vibes will be off, it won't be the same, and ultimately it won't be "worth it."

3 hours ago, gorast said:

I think Phoenix is being overly optimistic. Didn't he also say in early 2020 that they were working on new music? And then last year Mike came out and said "no music, no album, no tour."

But Phoenix is actually involved in things lol, if they are writing music, he is a part of it so it's definitely happening. The band has said multiple times since 2019 they are writing music - who knows what it's for, it could be for them personally or it turns into a release one day. There's no doubt there is music happening; Mike's comment is referring to they have no music lined up for release, no album planned, and no tour happening.

37 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

But Phoenix is actually involved in things lol, if they are writing music, he is a part of it so it's definitely happening. The band has said multiple times since 2019 they are writing music - who knows what it's for, it could be for them personally or it turns into a release one day. There's no doubt there is music happening; Mike's comment is referring to they have no music lined up for release, no album planned, and no tour happening.

Adding onto this, a year is a long fucking time. Especially for creative types. LP is a band of restless creatives. They're just taking time to figure out what the fuck to do.

6 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

I know that they will comeback and they are doing things.

Remember when Mike was working on Looking For An Answer and he discussed the song with the rest of the band?

Cant wait for their comeback no matter what they do I'll support them.