LPLive Meteora 20 - Instagram Live

LPLStaff

Awesome! I watched it yesterday, there are some stuff that I want to point it out. I would do it one per post.

I apologize but I don't remember the exact sentence of what was said, so I'm not gonna quote.

I think Astat was mentioning that the vocals for the wizard song were never recorded. I'm not sure if that's true, If you will listen to the wizarc clip, after the Chester is singing "...the boots" the very first thing what you can heard is the vocals from the computer, right before the Chester starts to sing (watch the Chester carefully and you will notice). Which, confirms that at some point vocals was recorded.

10 minutes ago, martinez said:

I think Astat was mentioning that the vocals for the wizard song were never recorded.

I think this is a matter of definition what you count as "recorded" or not. They definitely recorded something since, as you said, you can hear prior recordings. You can clearly hear recordings of harmonies in the background when he is singing the second part you mentioned. What people most probably mean is that the session or the recorded vocal tracks were never saved. I.e. they opened up the project on the computer, recorded the vocal tracks for fun, and then closed the project without saving it. So yeah, it was technically recorded at one time, but the current assumption is that those recordings were never properly saved for future access. But then again, who knows. As far as I remember the only confirmation we got that it wasn't recorded was from one interview with Mike and by now we should know how unreliable those one off answers about topics that were never discussed elsewhere are.

Edited by Coizu

@Coizu, ok, I got your point.

From the very beginning, when I for the first time heard the wizard clip I always thought that (I probably receive a lot of hate now) those harmonies background vocals on the top of it Chester sings are not by him, but someone different.

----------------------------

Also, there was a conversation about LIT and that they have to mix it again due to LPU tracks has some differences, but I think since there they released all song on the dvd they have to have the full concert as a audio only somehere, so if they woudn't want to mix it again or change anything, I think all they would have to do is mastered it for a vinly, just do the same similar thing like with the HT EP they did.

But, when the pre order info of the M20 appeared in the digital stores, it revealed that the new versions of both the Nottingham show and LIT were newly registered in January 2023 (while the other stuff and previous versions of the live shows were already prepared and registered in 2022 before the December), it not only confirmed that it was the main reason of why they postponed the whole M20 release but also that some differences was made. And now I'm going to skipp the Nottingham because you probably already now about it (I'm talking about Mark, Astat), the LIT also come with some differences as you can compare the length of the songs from the original release:

1. Somewhere I Belong (Live In Texas) (03:37)
  2. Lying From You (Live In Texas) (03:07)
  3. Papercut (Live In Texas) (03:06)
  4. Points Of Authority (Live In Texas) (03:25)
  5. Runaway (Live In Texas) (03:11)
  6. Faint (Live In Texas) (02:47)
  7. From The Inside (Live In Texas) (03:05)
  8. P5hng Me A*wy (Live In Texas) (05:05)
  9. Numb (Live In Texas) (03:06)
  10. Crawling (Live In Texas) (03:33)
  11. In The End (Live In Texas) (03:31)
  12. One Step Closer (Live In Texas) (04:13)

with the length of the songs from the M20 release:

1. Don’t Stay (Live In Texas) (03:19)
  2. Somewhere I Belong (Live In Texas) (03:35)
  3. Lying From You (Live In Texas) (03:07)
  4. Papercut (Live In Texas) (03:06)
  5. Points Of Authority (Live In Texas) (03:26)
  6. Runaway (Live In Texas) (03:07)
  7. Faint (Live In Texas) (02:46)
  8. From The Inside (Live In Texas) (03:01)
  9. Figure.09 (Live In Texas) (03:51)
  10. With You (Live In Texas) (03:20)
  11. By Myself (Live In Texas) (04:07)
  12. P5hng Me A*Wy (Live In Texas) (05:05)
  13. Numb (Live In Texas) (03:14)
  14. Crawling (Live In Texas) (03:42)
  15. In The End (Live In Texas) (04:04)
  16. A Place For My Head (Live In Texas) (03:57)
  17. One Step Closer (Live In Texas) (04:01)

you can already see that there will be some differences. The difference might be that they just cut differently the whole release into the songs. It could also have a new mix (definitely it would have a new master), it could have also some other differences, but for right now we coudn't be sure of anything.

The most difference in length are Crawling and One Step Closer.

29 minutes ago, martinez said:

@Coizu, ok, I got your point.

From the very beginning, when I for the first time heard the wizard clip I always thought that (I probably receive a lot of hate now) those harmonies background vocals on the top of it Chester sings are not by him, but someone different.

----------------------------

Also, there was a conversation about LIT and that they have to mix it again due to LPU tracks has some differences, but I think since there they released all song on the dvd they have to have the full concert as a audio only somehere, so if they woudn't want to mix it again or change anything, I think all they would have to do is mastered it for a vinly, just do the same similar thing like with the HT EP they did.

But, when the pre order info of the M20 appeared in the digital stores, it revealed that the new versions of both the Nottingham show and LIT were newly registered in January 2023 (while the other stuff and previous versions of the live shows were already prepared and registered in 2022 before the December), it not only confirmed that it was the main reason of why they postponed the whole M20 release but also that some differences was made. And now I'm going to skipp the Nottingham because you probably already now about it (I'm talking about Mark, Astat), the LIT also come with some differences as you can compare the length of the songs from the original release:

1. Somewhere I Belong (Live In Texas) (03:37)
  2. Lying From You (Live In Texas) (03:07)
  3. Papercut (Live In Texas) (03:06)
  4. Points Of Authority (Live In Texas) (03:25)
  5. Runaway (Live In Texas) (03:11)
  6. Faint (Live In Texas) (02:47)
  7. From The Inside (Live In Texas) (03:05)
  8. P5hng Me A*wy (Live In Texas) (05:05)
  9. Numb (Live In Texas) (03:06)
  10. Crawling (Live In Texas) (03:33)
  11. In The End (Live In Texas) (03:31)
  12. One Step Closer (Live In Texas) (04:13)

with the length of the songs from the M20 release:

1. Don’t Stay (Live In Texas) (03:19)
  2. Somewhere I Belong (Live In Texas) (03:35)
  3. Lying From You (Live In Texas) (03:07)
  4. Papercut (Live In Texas) (03:06)
  5. Points Of Authority (Live In Texas) (03:26)
  6. Runaway (Live In Texas) (03:07)
  7. Faint (Live In Texas) (02:46)
  8. From The Inside (Live In Texas) (03:01)
  9. Figure.09 (Live In Texas) (03:51)
  10. With You (Live In Texas) (03:20)
  11. By Myself (Live In Texas) (04:07)
  12. P5hng Me A*Wy (Live In Texas) (05:05)
  13. Numb (Live In Texas) (03:14)
  14. Crawling (Live In Texas) (03:42)
  15. In The End (Live In Texas) (04:04)
  16. A Place For My Head (Live In Texas) (03:57)
  17. One Step Closer (Live In Texas) (04:01)

you can already see that there will be some differences. The difference might be that they just cut differently the whole release into the songs. It could also have a new mix (definitely it would have a new master), it could have also some other differences, but for right now we coudn't be sure of anything.

The most difference in length are Crawling and One Step Closer.

Dumb question. First of all, I haven't had the time to see the full IG chat, so maybe I'm pointing out something already solved. In the first place, does the LPU3 tracks a different mix from the LIT CD and DVD? If positive, then they have to remaster/remix everything to have an internal coherency that the original tracklist didn't have? I mean, to sound like an entire unique show and not two different sources. The LIT mix it's like the 2007 rehearsal tracks for me. One hell of a mess