New Grey Daze Album “The Phoenix” out now

Somebodyangry

5 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Did the ambassadors have a chance to hear the other songs too, or no?

Yeah they did, the guy I spoke to told me that he liked it more than Amends, he said it sounds more cohesive and “actually played” than “assembled” and that there are far better songs than “Saturation”

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

Yeah they did, the guy I spoke to told me that he liked it more than Amends, he said it sounds more cohesive and “actually played” than “assembled” and that there are far better songs than “Saturation”

Actually, now that I think about it, when will we get the next single from the album? I feel like since the album is coming out on June 17th, we're probably only going to get 3 singles at most before the album is released.

26 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Actually, now that I think about it, when will we get the next single from the album? I feel like since the album is coming out on June 17th, we're probably only going to get 3 singles at most before the album is released.

Yeah I hope not too many singles since it’s just 10 tracks like OML. With Amends we got many singles but just because the album was delayed 2 months due to the pandemic. I think we’re getting another song in late May or so 

Also, wasn't it 24 songs that Grey Daze registered?

Edit: It is 24 songs.

Basically the tracks from Amends = 11, and the tracks from the Phoenix = 10, and 11+10=21. What are the other 3 tracks? Are they those acoustic bonus tracks of "Sometimes", "What's In The Eye", and "Soul Song"?

Edited by NJPLP

1 hour ago, NJPLP said:

Also, wasn't it 24 songs that Grey Daze registered?

Edit: It is 24 songs.

Basically the tracks from Amends = 11, and the tracks from the Phoenix = 10, and 11+10=21. What are the other 3 tracks? Are they those acoustic bonus tracks of "Sometimes", "What's In The Eye", and "Soul Song"?

I guess so, the ambassador told me that most likely we’re not gonna get an album #3 

Speaking of the songs off Amends, the bonus tracks from the Target, Japan, Saturn, and Walmart editions of Amends, the songs off Amends... Stripped, and the songs off The Phoenix, the new versions of those songs need to be added to their respective song pages on Linkinpedia, much like how the new retro version of Anything, Anything was added an our or two ago on the Anything, Anything page.

Edited by NJPLP

19 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Speaking of the songs off Amends, the bonus tracks from the Target, Japan, Saturn, and Walmart editions of Amends, the songs off Amends... Stripped, and the songs off The Phoenix, the new versions of those songs need to be added to their respective song pages on Linkinpedia, much like how the new retro version of Anything, Anything was added an our or two ago on the Anything, Anything page.

We'll sit down and finish this up soon - just got to creating the page for The Phoenix yesterday with the updated Anything, Anything info. Will work on this, thanks for the reminder.

3 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

We'll sit down and finish this up soon - just got to creating the page for The Phoenix yesterday with the updated Anything, Anything info. Will work on this, thanks for the reminder.

Amazing 😊😊 you always do an awesome job with LinkinPedia

2 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

They haven't done a ton of promo for it yet, but we will add stuff as it happens (interviews, track by track, etc) with info.

I guess Sean did a Q&A on IG a few weeks ago, before announcing the release date of “Saturation”, but  I don’t know where I can find it. But yeah so far not too much promo 

6 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

So the new album is out. What does everyone think?

I just started listening to it now.

I think it’s really good! Ups and downs but really solid record. Gonna wrap up a track by track review in a few days when some stuff gets solidified in my mind. 

• Somebodyangry changed the title to New Grey Daze Album “The Phoenix” out now
On 4/24/2022 at 12:56 PM, LPLStaff said:

They haven't done a ton of promo for it yet, but we will add stuff as it happens (interviews, track by track, etc) with info.

Are you gonna do fix more information to the songs from “The Phoenix”, as well as the album itself, since there’s more information about the album out there to the public?

Personal track by track ratings with small comments: 

1) Saturation: love Chester’s screams, the instrumental is very early 2000s rock. Solid opener. 8/10.

2) Starting To Fly: sounds fire, once you get used to Sean’s vocals. Chester’s voice in the bridge is a bit too effected. 7,5/10.

3) Be your man: call it Dead by Daze or Grey by Sunrise, really cool ballad that could fit on Out of Ashes. A bit too repetitive. Aptly renamed after the actual lyrics of the song. 7,5/10.

4) Holding You: best song on the album, Dave Navarro slays with a phenomenal solo. Sounds like Kings of Chaos. 8,5/10.

5) Hole: song is really good, but that intro is so weird and quite creepy and the ending “hole yeah” sounds artificial. 7,5/10.

6) Drag: banger, perfect instrumental, very LP-ish. 8/10.

7) Believe me: really good rendition, more powerful. Richard Patrick is the MVP, his vocals are perfectly complimentary to Chester’s. 8/10.

8 ) Anything Anything: good instrumental but the vocals are too slow at the point they get almost dull. 6,5/10.

9) Spin: proof that miracles exist, they turned the original mess into a really solid Alice In Chains - esque dark ballad. Some of Chester’s vocals on this one have always been quite strange. 7,5/10.

10) Wake me: nice closing track, the In Time parts are surprisingly fitting. Not one of the better songs but nice. 7/10.

Edited by STRANGELOVE92

7 hours ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

1) Saturation: love Chester’s screams, the instrumental is very early 2000s rock. Solid opener. 8/10.

2) Starting To Fly: sounds fire, once you get used to Sean’s vocals. Chester’s voice in the bridge is a bit too effected. 7,5/10.

3) Be your man: call it Dead by Daze or Grey by Sunrise, really cool ballad that could fit on Out of Ashes. A bit too repetitive. Aptly renamed after the actual lyrics of the song. 7,5/10.

4) Holding You: best song on the album, Dave Navarro slays with a phenomenal solo. Sounds like Kings of Chaos. 8,5/10.

5) Hole: song is really good, but that intro is so weird and quite creepy and the ending “hole yeah” sounds artificial. 7,5/10.

7) Believe me: really good rendition, more powerful. Richard Patrick is the MVP, his vocals are perfectly complimentary to Chester’s. 8/10.

8 ) Anything Anything: good instrumental but the vocals are too slow at the point they get almost dull. 6,5/10.

9) Spin: proof that miracles exist, they turned the original mess into a really solid Alice In Chains - esque dark ballad. Some of Chester’s vocals on this one have always been quite strange. 7,5/10.

10) Wake me: nice closing track, the In Time parts are surprisingly fitting. Not one of the better songs but nice. 7/10.

it's surprising that none of the songs are 10 or 9 to you 

i really love the album, i think that the order of the tracks it's not good after Drag every track it's like a mid tempo song 

Holding You was the perfect way to close the album

2 minutes ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

it's surprising that none of the songs are 10 or 9 to you 

i really love the album, i think that the order of the tracks it's not good after Drag every track it's like a mid tempo song 

Holding You was the perfect way to close the album

I didn’t want to over hype myself because the record is super new. I did the review and then downgraded every rating of 0.5 lol. This is my thought on the album in a year. 
(I listened to the record like 10 times, I love it to death) 

"The only thing that bothered me was seeing the ignorance of people [who said], 'Oh, you're just trying to get rich off Chester's death,'" Dowdell said. "I spent tens of thousands of dollars of my own money to make this happen, and I was already a multimillionaire when I started this process. So me trying to make money on this is the dumbest business plan ever, because there's no money in recorded music. None."

Nice quote from Sean

3 minutes ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

"The only thing that bothered me was seeing the ignorance of people [who said], 'Oh, you're just trying to get rich off Chester's death,'" Dowdell said. "I spent tens of thousands of dollars of my own money to make this happen, and I was already a multimillionaire when I started this process. So me trying to make money on this is the dumbest business plan ever, because there's no money in recorded music. None."

Nice quote from Sean

Yeah really. If people think they’re making a ton of money from a record that will sell 20k copies and generate less than one million streams in the first like month upon the release, these people don’t know music industry. 
About the trackilst, totally agree with you, plus, I don’t like the fact that the record begins with the 2 singles, first time I listened to the record I skipped to Be your man immediately because I wanted the new songs 

what do you mean by In Time parts in Wake me? 

22 hours ago, STRANGELOVE92 said: