Grey Daze Update Sean Dowdell Instagram Live - January 26

Somebodyangry

Yesterday Sean Dowdell live streamed from Grey Daze official Instagram account. He got a tattoo on his hand in honor of Chester and answered some questions by the fans. Here’s a recap of the most relevant answers. 

- the first single off the new record is coming in the next 90 days. 
- they already have title and cover for the album but can’t share yet. 
- the album is heavier both vocally and instrumentally than Amends. 
- “Starting to Fly” will be a single and it’s totally different from the original song. 
- “Hole” Is different from the leaked 2018 demo. 
- Lily and Lyla (Chester's kids) are singing on a song. 
- Richard Patrick from Filter is on a song. 
- “Holding You” features Dave Navarro and has a different title. 
- The band will release the original records on vinyl at the end of this year or in 2023 (the live stream was laggy at that point so I could not properly understand everything). 
- He and Chester wrote lyrics for 5 songs back in 2017. 
- There’s probably going to be a third remix/ rework record but they’ll see what material they have left. 
- The new record is 10 songs. 
- His favorite LP song is Lying From You. 
- Some songs contain different vocal takes from Chester. 

You can find the full thing on Grey Daze social media, I’m sure I missed something so check that out yourself! 😉

Edited by DIE4U92

3 hours ago, DIE4U92 said:

Yesterday Sean Dowdell live streamed from Grey Daze official Instagram account. He got a tattoo on his hand in honor of Chester and answered some questions by the fans. Here’s a recap of the most relevant answers. 
- the first single off the new record is coming in the next 90 days. 
- they already have title and cover for the album but can’t share yet. 
- the album is heavier both vocally and instrumentallly than Amends. 
- “Starting to Fly” will be a single and it’s totally different from the original song. 
- “Hole” Is different from the leaked 2018 demo. 
- Lily and Lyla are singing on a song. 
- Richard Patrick from filter is on a song. 
- “Holding You” features Dave Navarro and has a different title. 
- The band will release the original records on vinyl at the end of this year or in 2023 (the live was laggy at that point so I could not proper understand everything). 
- He and Chester wrote lyrics for 5 songs back in 2017. 
- There’s probably going to be a third remix/ rework record but they’ll see what material they have left. 
- The new record is 10 songs. 
- His favorite LP song is Lying From You. 
- Some songs contain different vocal takes from Chester. 
You can find the full thing on Grey Daze social media, I’m sure I missed something so check that out yourself! 😉

Can't wait to find out what the album is called, what the artwork looks like and what the first single from the album will be! Great news!!!

Edited by NJPLP

34 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Can't wait to find out what the album is called, what the artwork looks like and what the first single from the album will be! Great news!!!

Yeah it’s great news, the live on IG got me hyped. Go check that out because I’m sure I missed something because it was laggy and English is not my first language. Plus, at a certain point the tatto artist started working and the noise was louder than Sean’s voice 😂😂

Random thoughts.

Wish it was the 2018 Hole, that thing is epic and its just grown into the definitive hole for me over the years, sad that people will never hear it.

Starting to fly has become one of my favourite gems of GD, its seriously epic, i no longer look at the old versions of GD songs as non ‘ canon ‘ if you will lol, i believe both versions should exist side by side as the definitive versions, as there are reworked songs that blow the old ones out of the water, and vice versa ( in time, down syndrome, im looking at you )

Also believe we now know the majority of the tracks, assuming nothing has changed

Anything, anything ( new version not the 2021 version )

Hole

Saturation

Believe Me

Wake

Holding on

Drag

Spin

Anyone heard anything else ?

2 minutes ago, Subs said:

Random thoughts.

Wish it was the 2018 Hole, that thing is epic and its just grown into the definitive hole for me over the years, sad that people will never hear it.

Starting to fly has become one of my favourite gems of GD, its seriously epic, i no longer look at the old versions of GD songs as non ‘ canon ‘ if you will lol, i believe both versions should exist side by side as the definitive versions, as there are reworked songs that blow the old ones out of the water, and vice versa ( in time, down syndrome, im looking at you )

Also believe we now know the majority of the tracks, assuming nothing has changed

Anything, anything ( new version not the 2021 version )

Hole

Saturation

Believe Me

Wake

Holding on

Drag

Spin

Anyone heard anything else ?

Agree on everything you say except for the fact that I like Amends versions more than the old ones but I respect your opinion and obviously don’t think the originals should be “deleted”

or stuff like that. Anyway, can’t wait !!

12 minutes ago, DIE4U92 said:

Agree on everything you say except for the fact that I like Amends versions more than the old ones but I respect your opinion and obviously don’t think the originals should be “deleted”

or stuff like that. Anyway, can’t wait !!

oh yeah dont get me wrong Shouting Out Amends version is god tier and also there are some versions that to me are the best.

Just felt like they messed up In time, down syndrome, i prefer the original instrumentals.

Just now, Subs said:

oh yeah dont get me wrong Shouting Out Amends version is god tier and also there are some versions that to me are the best.

Just felt like they messed up In time, down syndrome, i prefer the original instrumentals.

Don’t agree on the 2 you mentioned, these are among my favs on Amends and god tier, but totally respect your opinion 😊

19 hours ago, DIE4U92 said:
19 hours ago, DIE4U92 said:

Don’t agree on the 2 you mentioned, these are among my favs on Amends and god tier, but totally respect your opinion 😊

Really haha ? I cant stand them vs originals.

Georgous songs in their own right but not the “ true “ versions to me lol.

B12 i cant decide, new one is epic and old one is so good.

She shines, both are amazing IMO

Shouting out, god tier, cannot big up enough, same as the amends stripped version, best track on album.

Sickness - new one, original great but Amends version wins.

Sometimes - Basically the same but cleaner, same as WITE, Amends versions win just by production quality.

All in all there are elements i miss on both versions on most tracks.

Anything, Anything (2021 version ) wins because its harder, rocks more, but its basically the same type of rework as WITE and Sometimes

Soul Song - both amazing, in a toss up i would say Amends version

Just like Heroin - prefer the original

Oh of course lol, opinions are what makes us, all good !

1 minute ago, Subs said:

Really haha ? I cant stand them vs originals.

Georgous songs in their own right but not the “ true “ versions to me lol.

B12 i cant decide, new one is epic and old one is so good.

She shines, both are amazing IMO

Shouting out, god tier, cannot big up enough, same as the amends stripped version, best track on album.

Sickness - new one, original great but Amends version wins.

Sometimes - Basically the same but cleaner, same as WITE, Amends versions win just by production quality.

All in all there are elements i miss on both versions on most tracks.

Anything, Anything (2021 version ) wins because its harder, rocks more, but its basically the same type of rework as WITE and Sometimes

Soul Song - both amazing, in a toss up i would say Amends version

Just like Heroin - prefer the original

Oh of course lol, opinions are what makes us, all good !

Lol to me Syndrome and In Time on Amends are like 9,5/10 and the originals are like 7/10. Can’t stand Sickness and Shouting out originals, I find the instrumentals terribly demo-ish. Yeah opinions 😊 it’s super subjective 

• LPLStaff changed the title to Sean Dowdell Instagram Live - January 26
7 hours ago, DIE4U92 said:

But they didn’t upload it to Newswire. Probably a song by a random unknown artist produced by Mike is more relevant....

You need to have more patience. Absolutely nothing is going on in the LP world right now and there is no touring, so we aren't checking Got News twice a day. Just so happened I was gone yesterday doing work stuff and didn't see this until now (if you'd check the account, you'd know there wasn't a login on this one yesterday). Moved it today.

7 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

You need to have more patience. Absolutely nothing is going on in the LP world right now and there is no touring, so we aren't checking Got News twice a day. Just so happened I was gone yesterday doing work stuff and didn't see this until now (if you'd check the account, you'd know there wasn't a login on this one yesterday). Moved it today.

I wasn’t complaining with you 😊

On 1/27/2022 at 9:22 AM, DIE4U92 said:

- The band will release the original records on vinyl at the end of this year or in 2023 (the live stream was laggy at that point so I could not properly understand everything). 

It probably lagged when they said they're only releasing 40 different vinyl versions this time.

• Somebodyangry changed the title to Grey Daze Update Sean Dowdell Instagram Live - January 26

Until he announces they are releasing official copies of Wake Me and ...No Sun Day (and stops falsely flagging legit copies on eBay as fakes), I don't want to hear a word from this money hungry Trump-worshipping *******.

Edited by LPLStaff
watch the language

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, eke said:

Saturation was released and the track list for “The Phoenix”. Surprised no mention here that I can see.

You can find it on “Got News?”. I posted it there but was not uploaded in the Newswire for reasons I don’t know. By the way, the song is fucking killer, 9/10 

On 4/17/2022 at 12:18 PM, STRANGELOVE92 said:

You can find it on “Got News?”. I posted it there but was not uploaded in the Newswire for reasons I don’t know. By the way, the song is fucking killer, 9/10 

I check the site like once a week, if that, lately. Will move it.