Live Audio Downloads Update

lpliveusername

As you all know, we had problems with the host we were using for our live show downloads and had to switch hosts last year. Back in December we updated our Downloads page with new links and some LPLive exclusives and extra downloads that were previously missing. Today we're starting to make live audio available again at our LPLive Archive page. We're starting with the 2015 and 2016 shows. If everything goes well, next month we'll update the download links for more shows.

Visit the page here:

https://lplive.net/lplivearchive/

I have a question regarding the 2003 Jimmy Kimmel show's audio/video. Here it says - 'Faint' and 'Don't Stay' appear as videos on the 'LP Underground 3.0' CD's Enhanced Content (PROSHOT).  I've NEVER seen/heard 'Don't Stay' in better quality than the VHS one that is available, does LPlive have it archived somewhere?

I've been trying to improve on the audios from that show but the VHS quality is way too bad and I don't have enough black magic to improve on them much. Which is a shame because the performances from that show are one of the best imo. 

45 minutes ago, Jani said:

I have a question regarding the 2003 Jimmy Kimmel show's audio/video. Here it says - 'Faint' and 'Don't Stay' appear as videos on the 'LP Underground 3.0' CD's Enhanced Content (PROSHOT). I've NEVER seen/heard 'Don't Stay' in better quality than the VHS one that is available, does LPlive have it archived somewhere?

That's because a CD has a total storage space of 700 MB. The "Enhanced Content" in CDs include several videos, images and flash files and they all have to fit in that space. Keep in mind the CD already contains lossless audio that's taking a lot of space too. In order to fit those videos in the CD they need to have a very small size, meaning very low quality. The VHS version is the best you'll find.

My bad, I wasn't sure what the CD contained aside from the five Live In Texas songs. The CityTVs 'Faint' & 'Numb' both have better audio and video (704x480 I believe) than the VHS so I was curious if the 'Don't Stay' would be similiar quality, at least the audio. 

EDIT: I could be wrong about the better video quality but better audio for sure.

Edited by Jani