New REACT episode with Mike Shinoda

PeppePark

Mike joined REACT for a new video where he surprises some fans who were reacting to Linkin Park's music.

He previously did an episode back in 2017 commenting reactions from teenagers, that you can watch here.
One of them (who got a gift from Mike!) is also featured in the new episode and had a funny exchange with Mike about the previous video.

i'm starting to feel like it's happening a Public Relationship shenanigan to increase Mike's mainstream acknowledgement.

It's just something that occurred to me right now, that management will find ways to make Mike look much more like a frontman and recognizable person on the mainstream media. That way he could gather more strength to carry and lead LP in the eyes of the general public as a rockstar frontman.

On 5/6/2021 at 4:14 PM, vinifeijo said:

i'm starting to feel like it's happening a Public Relationship shenanigan to increase Mike's mainstream acknowledgement.

It's just something that occurred to me right now, that management will find ways to make Mike look much more like a frontman and recognizable person on the mainstream media. That way he could gather more strength to carry and lead LP in the eyes of the general public as a rockstar frontman.

No. I think from his statements it's clear that LP is probably done. He's doing a lot of different stuff right now and making music with LP is not what he wants. Just my opinion. I hope I'm wrong but I think I'm not.

On 5/7/2021 at 9:45 PM, FromTheInside said:

No. I think from his statements it's clear that LP is probably done. He's doing a lot of different stuff right now and making music with LP is not what he wants. Just my opinion. I hope I'm wrong but I think I'm not.

You're so wrong 

On 5/7/2021 at 3:45 PM, FromTheInside said:

If this were true, what would the incentive be for him repeatedly and explicitly saying that LP is not "done"?

It's known now that LP was actively working on new material before the pandemic.

1 hour ago, Justin said:

If this were true, what would the incentive be for him repeatedly and explicitly saying that LP is not "done"?

It's known now that LP was actively working on new material before the pandemic.

LP will probably be back, maybe not SO soon but they’re coming back I think 

1 hour ago, Justin said:

He hasn‘t said that LP is „not done“ in ages if I am not mistaken. Also it is totally possible that they were working on new material, they didn‘t liked it and later ob decided that it‘s not working for them anymore. 
I am not saying that this is the case or whatever, just want to point out that those points are not a 100% indicator that they are not done. 

1 hour ago, Coizu said:

He hasn‘t said that LP is „not done“ in ages if I am not mistaken. Also it is totally possible that they were working on new material, they didn‘t liked it and later ob decided that it‘s not working for them anymore. 
I am not saying that this is the case or whatever, just want to point out that those points are not a 100% indicator that they are not done. 

I'm not saying he has said that but it seems like he's not interested in LP anymore. He's doing a milion things right now except LP. They could have done a small acoustic event over the past 2 years to let us know they're still here.  I agree with you. They've done some music in the studio but later decided it's not working anymore. Mike is still talking about "I'm looking for a new path for me in music". It definitely shows LP is not his priority.

To me he probably doesn’t think this is the right time for LP to come back but he doesn’t feel complete as a solo artist too, otherwise he’d have put out another studio album for sure, and we know that he clearly doesn’t want to, he said it. He’s happy with his production stuff and his once in a while song like Open Door or HE, and he’s trying to figure out what he wants to do now on a bigger scale I guess 

16 hours ago, FromTheInside said:

I'm not saying he has said that but it seems like he's not interested in LP anymore. He's doing a milion things right now except LP. They could have done a small acoustic event over the past 2 years to let us know they're still here.  I agree with you. They've done some music in the studio but later decided it's not working anymore. Mike is still talking about "I'm looking for a new path for me in music". It definitely shows LP is not his priority.

All good points, but to be fair we had confirmation that LP were working together at least in the late 2019 - early 2020 range. As soon as the pandemic hit and artists started doing live streams, Mike said he straight up didn't want to do that and that live streams of performances with no crowd aren't something he is interested in doing. So pointing to a lack of some kind of acoustic event or streamed show doesn't really support the assumption that they're done.

There's no question LP isn't the priority right now, but I think that's partly due to the pandemic and an inability to have a proper live show. If LP were working on an EP or an album of some kind, I don't think they would just drop that without some kind of huge marketing campaign complete with a tour announcement. Whatever they do would have to be impactful. Streaming an acoustic set of all older songs, as cool as it would be for us, I don't think that have the same big impact that they would want to announce their return as a band. I also don't think they would want to drop new music during a time where live shows with crowds can't happen. I've always had the impression that they wouldn't want to do anything as Linkin Park until they're sure it's perfect.

Maybe you're right, and they'll wind up disbanding,. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just think that LP would make it definitive if they were sure about it. I don't think they'll unofficially break-up and just continue to give intentionally ambiguous answers about the future of LP forever.

Edited by Justin

I'm fully of the opinion that if the pandemic didn't happen, LP would've been back at some point in the past year. It just doesn't make sense to start your big comeback in an era where touring (which is a huge part of every album cycle) is an impossibility or has to be done through a screen. Mike as a solo artist doesn't really have to worry about it cause it seems (at least to me) that he viewed touring for PT as part of the grieving/coping process, not as an effort to push the album. I think LP will be back when they can actually get into a room together and touring is a sure thing. Like Justin said, it just doesn't make sense for them to play coy about it if they've already decided to end it.

18 hours ago, GlassCastles said:

Mike as a solo artist doesn't really have to worry about it cause it seems (at least to me) that he viewed touring for PT as part of the grieving/coping process, not as an effort to push the album.

I totally agree with this, and I think most people who saw any of those shows live definitely felt that vibe. Especially during the nightly stories he would tell about Chester before leading the crowd into a massive sing along of In The End or Numb or Heavy, etc. Mike was providing catharsis for the crowds he played for while also achieving it himself.