Mike Shinoda to release "Golden Falcon" (and more music) on Audius

PeppePark

Mike Shinoda announced plans to release an instrumental song called "Golden Falcon" on the music platform Audius, with more to come!
The track was created yesterday live on Twitch and it will be the first one of new releases.

After streaming for over a year, releasing three volumes of "Dropped Frames", a few free downloads and (still) producing songs for other artists, fans and press often asked about releasing more tracks created during his livestreams.

Back on October he said: "I've got so much music now from the channel, and I love the idea of the trilogy and I realized that if I keep going in putting these things out like... I don't know, I just... I don't have a plan to do it right now."

Last month he said: "You know, I have to imagine there will be a way to release them and I don't know what that's going to be. My thing was like, the ones that I really really liked, that I made, I put them on the 'Dropped Frames' ones. And I've made some since then that I got like 'I really like that one'. But there's also a lot that I think are fine, they're ok, but I wouldn't want them sitting and taking up space on my Spotify page... almost like just clutter. And I want you guys to have them or have access to. I just haven't figured out the right way to do it."

He later introduced the new platform Audius:
"There is a platform starting, it's a blockchain music platform called Audius. Their proposal, where they wanna get to, is basically like a super artist-fan centric music platform that it's a little bit like SoundCloud, but it's different. They're heading towards like a 90/10% artists split. [...] So their thing is, they want to facilitate the most direct connection between the artist and the fans, and if you sell a thing you keep almost all of the money and they have the capability of tracking... If you do a remix, I think they can track who partecipated and in what ways, because of the blockchain element, so like, 'I make a keyboard, you make drums, they play guitar, we all share the royalties of that'. [...] They're not gonna replace Spotify or whatever, they described it almost as if it was a music streaming version of a fan club, which I thought it was like, 'Oh! Addictive!'. Like, regular fans would go on Spotify and Apple and blah, blah, blah, but if you treat it like a streaming service for a fan club, then all of the sudden that made sense to me, I was like, 'Oh ok, you're more tight, it's more interactive and it's a different kind of experience.'"

During today's stream he decided to release yesterday's jam, that he called "Golden Falcon", inviting fans to subscribe and follow him. 

"I've been trying to talk to the Audius guys about putting a song on Audius. Is this a good Audius song? You want this one? Is there one you want more than this one? I can put more on there. You want Roger? I don't think I can't do Roger, Roger's got samples in it, I can't put something up there with samples, I don't want to deal with that. Wilhelm? I'm not saying I won't pure more, I'm just saying 'Which one do we starting with?', this one, right? Alright, we'll spend a day just figuring that out. Should we figure that out tomorrow? Hang on, let me see what team Audius says. We'll find out what Audius team thinks about me putting this jam up."

He also considered other songs, saying: 
"What was the other one you guys wanted me to put out? Somebody said the Wilhelm scream one? Skrrt Skrrt I can put out. Maybe that could be good too. I don't want to put it out first though. Oh, I can't put Skrrt Skrrt up there either. I have to go with the ones with no vocals. I can put this one up though, this one I can. Why you guys like KarmaKon so much? This one?"

He eventually chose "Golden Falcon":
"Ok cool, I'll put the track from yesterday up. He said 'I think it's ideal'. I'll do it on stream. I don't know if I can show my stream while I do it, I'm afraid to give away password or whatever. I'll put it out... what did I call? Golden Falcon? Golden Falcon! Ok, Golden Falcon is going up tomorrow on Audius. If you don't already have the app, just go on the app store and get Audius Music and follow me on the app. I am of course 'mikeshinoda', no space, no slash, no whatever. Yeah, and we'll be able to listen to this song on Audius. Audius is a blockchain-based music app. Right know, when you first get into it, when you first see it, you're gonna go 'Oh this is kinda like SoundCloud', or whatever, you're not gonna realize it's very different. On the back-end of it it's very different."

Visit Audius website and follow Mike!

More details come tomorrow.

EDIT:
Song is out and you can listen to it here
Free download (MP3 format) is available directly from Audius, along with 5 stems.
Mike released them inviting fans to remix the track and link it to the original song.
He said that he could play some of them during the streams and pick his favorite ones.
Since Audius allows only 5 more tracks, he uploaded all the 10 stems (WAV format) on Dropbox and sent the link to the Twitch subscribers.

The best thing about this is that they stream on 320kbps and the platform claims to be free. Will be great to have the Twitch tracks officially released in good quality.

In general it sounds like another cryptocurrency scheme. They use their own currency called $AUDIO to pay the artists but it seems the "monetization" isn't implemented yet:
https://edm.com/events/audius-celebrates-mainnet-launch-deadmau5-live-stream https://edm.com/.amp/gear-tech/audius-3-million-active-users

They recently added the possibility of artists listing their NFTs on the platform under the Collectibles tab, so you will find Mike's on his page. I see some stuff that wasn't on Zora.
https://edm.com/gear-tech/audius-collectibles-nft-platform

Just now, lpliveusername said:

The best thing about this is that they stream on 320kbps and the platform claims to be free.

EDIT: ok music there is available for download too. You have to have an account to do that.

Edited by martinez

40 minutes ago, martinez said:

Mike uploaded the lossless version of the track but you can download only mp3 of it from audius. If someone has link to lossless that was shared on twitch let me know.

I think it wasn't the actual track, but the stems for fans to remix. Audius only had 5. He sent 10 on Twitch. I'm uploading them here:
https://mega.nz/folder/6LhzgKrL#8ckvTPscoSx47cNo9en5WQ