Latest 'Sleepy Track' Updates from 2021

LPLStaff

Back in November, we posted that Mike had released the 'Sleepy Track' that he created on Twitch. As it turns out, this was an accidental release and Mike has not announced an official release himself yet of the track. It has really turned into an album of thirty songs of various lengths, designed for when you are going to sleep.

We said, "Created on August 28th, 2020, Mike took a fan suggestion on Twitch to create a long and relaxing "sleepy time" track. Reminiscent of "Ghosts" by Nine Inch Nails, or even Mike's "Minutes to Midnight" website clips, the tracks are fully instrumental and weave in and out of different ambient sounds Mike has created."

It turns out that the project was accidentally released under the name 'Sleep for Students' on AcousticSounds.com and Hoopla on November 20, 2020, but was removed from AcousticSounds.com. As of this post, it is still available on Hoopla for fans to check out.

Since then, he has spoken once recently about the project. On February 18, 2021, he said, "Dude I put the Sleepy Track in the queue. I wanted that shit out before now. I wanted it out already. It didn't happen, it's not my fault. We're going to have to do something else with it. Watch, we're just going to have to put the whole fucking thing up on Zora. It might happen. I know you guys could rip it... and whatever you want to do with it. Should we do that? You guys could just rip that.... it's just an hour of audio. Right? It kind of leaked, it didn't really leak. SoundCloud? Wait a minute, on SoundCloud can you generate income per stream on SoundCloud? Because again, the idea was to put the Sleepy Time Track out where when you listen to it every night, it generates money for the scholarship."

He also spoke in January 2021 and September 2020, talking about how he wanted the money to go to his scholarship and more... read that here. Mike did say that he was probably going to change the name from 'Sleep for Students' to something else as well.

On March 5, 2021 he gave another update, saying: "Sleepy time track is still being discussed. An interesting twist in the story showed up and I'm dealing with that. I can't really tell you about it. I hate that I can't tell you, but I can't.”

What do you think? Will Mike still release the 'Sleepy Track'? 

Just one info of clarity - the album 'Sleep for Students' wasn't removed from AcousticSounds.com by the label, but the store stopped to sell music in digital format.

Also, I don't see a buy button on Hoopla but "Borrow" - what is that even mean? EDIT: I just checked it at pro-music, it's a streaming-only service eh..

Edited by martinez