"Dropped Frames, Vol. 2" Release & Tracklisting

LPLStaff

39 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

I'm starting to get a little bit tired of those instrumentals by Mike.

Don't get me wrong, i really like some of them and enjoy a lot that he's being so productive and releasing stuff.

But won't it worn us all out?

Like... when finally he decides to release a proper song or album, it won't feel that special because we have heard so much stuff from him.

My problem is exactly the quantity. Out of the2 volumes I made a playlist of like 7 songs that I legitimately like (Transitions, Cupcake, Galaxtica, Open Door(rapping is cool), Sunset Drive, Neon Crickets and Osiris) but the rest is too much and I don’t care that much about it 

After a couple of listenings I can confirm that volume 2 is a lot better than the first one. In general it has more interesting tracks. The volume 1 contains one of the worst song - OD, it was bad idea to include that song, Mike should release that besides the Dropped Frames album.

The tracks that I enjoy less are Isolation Bird, Party Meow, Dungeon Crawler.

Most of these instrumentals are not the type of music he would normally make, and he obviously isn’t putting 100% into them either way. He makes them from scratch in 3 hours and just polishes them up a little bit before releasing them.

Plus, it’s just Dropped Frames. Mike literally said himself he’s only releasing these so that the people who have been watching the streams can have them, and he recommended that they be used as background music. These are not serious album releases. These are very niche releases. 

Edited by Justin