"Lift Off" Live Debut in Silver Spring

hahninator

At the Silver Spring, Maryland show, the last stop of Mike's North American #PostTraumaticTour, he debuted a song that he had been rehearsing over the course of the last few weeks of the tour... the fan-favorite Lift Off.

This version of Lift Off is a different structure than the studio version and had AmirSaysNothing joining him for the song. The song started with the demo verse of Lift Off which Mike has been rapping continually on the tour, then Amir rapped the first verse of his song Employee Of The Month. Next, Mike rapped the demo verse of Sorry For Now before finally Amir rapped part of the second verse of Employee Of The Month. The band did a short jam session to end the song, too.

While rehearsing the song, fans reported that Mike was rapping unknown verses over the song. They likely heard the Sorry For Now demo verse which has been performed a few times on the world tour.

With its one performance on the tour, Lift Off joins Place To Start and High Road as the three songs performed just once on the tour. Sharp Edges was performed twice.

View a spreadsheet of all songs performed on the tour here (composed by our staff member Nick) and view setlists for every show here.

That's kind of like saying Good Goodbye isn't Good Goodbye without Pusha T.

It'll never have MGK or Chino on it live unless they tour with Mike or make a special appearance.

At least Pusha T's verse was good. Stormzy's was cringe worthy. But it's also a little different since the chorus was sung by Chester and Mike still had a verse in the song either way. Mike had an opportunity to do a good version of Lift Off though, with Chino in San Diego. MGK probably would do it too if Mike ever asked.

MGK's verse is the second worst moment on the album IMO (Blackbear's feature still takes that spot)

Wow really? God I really love MGK’s verse a lot. It’s by far one of my favorite moments of the entire album. blackbear’s feature I will admit is pretty weak but MGK’s... it’s fire to me. The only parts of Post Traumatic that I don’t really care for are K.Flay’s feature and Hold It Together. Both are a little too poppy for my liking and I feel like the K.Flay song fits way better with One More Light (which it actually was a Linkin Park song). Hold It Together is just really corny to me, everything about it, the beat and the chorus especially. I can’t knock the lyrics too much because I know they mean a lot to Mike but that song is just super cheesy to me.

Wow really? God I really love MGK’s verse a lot. It’s by far one of my favorite moments of the entire album. blackbear’s feature I will admit is pretty weak but MGK’s... it’s fire to me. The only parts of Post Traumatic that I don’t really care for are K.Flay’s feature and Hold It Together. Both are a little too poppy for my liking and I feel like the K.Flay song fits way better with One More Light (which it actually was a Linkin Park song). Hold It Together is just really corny to me, everything about it, the beat and the chorus especially. I can’t knock the lyrics too much because I know they mean a lot to Mike but that song is just super cheesy to me.

I can get behind the K. Flay comments. The features on the album don't really do much for me barring grandson's part on RFMS (though I don't mind Chino). K. Flay has bothered me less as I've had more time with the song/album, but I definitely would have preferred just having Mike do the hook or at the very least have the two sing together, which I think is actually my issue with MGK and Blackbear too. They took away a spot that Mike could have done and, in my opinion, probably could've done better.

HIT, though, is where we're just gonna have to agree to disagree. That's one of my favorite songs on the album.

I can get behind the K. Flay comments. The features on the album don't really do much for me barring grandson's part on RFMS (though I don't mind Chino). K. Flay has bothered me less as I've had more time with the song/album, but I definitely would have preferred just having Mike do the hook or at the very least have the two sing together, which I think is actually my issue with MGK and Blackbear too. They took away a spot that Mike could have done and, in my opinion, probably could've done better.

HIT, though, is where we're just gonna have to agree to disagree. That's one of my favorite songs on the album.

Maybe I was too harsh about HIT... I just sometimes think that it doesn't fit with the album. It almost feels too ''happy'' sounding even though the lyrics aren't. I guess it's not really that bad, I just don't like it as much as other songs. I agree about wishing that Mike could have done those other guest spots. Grandson's feature is kind of cool, I like that one, same as MGK's verse, I love it. But the others don't do much for me. Post Traumatic is such a good album but it has a few moments that I don't love, just like The Rising Tied had a few moments that I didn't love. But overall, they're both great.