Mike working on new music

LPLStaff

Since it's no surprise to anyone, we thought we'd go ahead and jump into the news (or "not news", depending how you look at it) of Mike working on new music.

All the way back at the Apple Store event in June, Mike told a funny story about making music on the road. He said when he was working on new music in New York City, his management team would debate between what time to ask him to come down for their daily lobby call since he was busy working on tracks in his room. The joke was "don't disturb him, he may be making another hit!", ha. And literally the very next day after he told the story, he missed his flight to Toronto for that exact reason and had to reschedule for the next day!

Anyway, it's no secret that Mike is constantly working on music. It would not surprise us if he worked all summer and during the Asia and Europe tours on music. However, lately we've seen a few newer developments that we wanted to bring up.

Mike backstage in New Orleans just the other day said he was "vibing out and making a new tracks."

One thing that may be happening is occasional experimentation with new tracks during soundchecks. Fans have heard tiny clips what COULD be new songs during this tour. The first look came in New York City, back when VIPs and Meet & Greet winners were allowed into soundchecks.

While only ten seconds long, it beats us as to what this could be. We're hesitant to call it brand new, but it also doesn't fit anything in the catalog either. Fans have reported to us one or two other times about unknown songs being soundchecked, but no one has captured anything to this point.

If this is true and Mike is already playing around with songs in this form, we could see new music earlier than we think. However, he has hinted at least twice lately that he may be working on producing music for other artists after the Post Traumatic era.

EDIT: Thanks to our friends at BlackChesterDe, we have learned that Felix Jaehn revealed to 1LIVE that he is working on new music with Mike Shinoda. He did not get into details of the song. Back in September, Felix posted a picture with Mike in Stockholm.

What do you think? Would you like to see Mike release a second solo album or an EP in 2019? With how fast he writes, it wouldn't shock us if he already has amassed a lot of new material. Certainly the fanbase would love a followup to Post Traumatic.

I dont know what happened before the video starts, but to me it looks like Matt and Dan are just screwing around.

Yeah, could be. There is some sort of vocals going on there. Even if it's a jam, he's still writing on the tour. Not sure to what extent he is soundchecking new stuff but it's possible.

I dont know what happened before the video starts, but to me it looks like Matt and Dan are just screwing around.

Mike did a full verse of whatever it was they were playing. Had no idea what it was, wasn't anything I've heard before.

Wouldn't be any shock to me if Mike makes another album, etc. within the next year or whatever. Producing music for other bands and artists is something he has been talking about since 2013, so I definitely can see him doing that in the future.