Ryu Live Chat Last Night

hahninator

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ryutube

Everyone head on in there - Ryu from Styles Of Beyond and all your other favorite projects (Get Busy Committee, anyone?) is doing a live video chat right now. He's talking about the future of Styles Of Beyond, the new album, and many other things.

This is an exclusive one-on-one chance you have to ask him any questions and/or hear what he has to say, so come in and check it out!

EDIT: Now featuring Apathy and soon, Scoop! Check the comments for the updates so far on the chat. There's some interesting info on Ryu's tracks he's done with LP and some other stuff.

Ryu from SOB did a live video chat last night and let us ask questions and just chill with him as he played us both some new music and old music of his. Fun times! Check the thread for all the info.

Thanks to my good friend Jay Sinkie from SOBCentral.com for the hookup!

No problem. He said another track w/ Mike is possible. Asking him about the With You remix from Reanimation now. Reseda Beach within the next 2 months.

He said he thought the With You remix was released in Europe somewhere or something but I don't think it ever made it out if it was planned to be released.

He did a verse for it and he doesn't have the track...LP scrapped it for some reason. He submitted it but never heard the final version. Oh well. He said he also worked on the Jay Gordon POA remix and did a verse for that. Linkinjoze, thanks for asking him.

He's playing a song now called "I Did It To Myself" that's talking about the LP situation with SOB and all that. Good track. Talking about being taken under their wings and how he sort of regrets it in a way and stuff. Ryu is real down to earth.

First track from the CD Reseda Beach was gonna be on We Major by FM. Ryu did it as a solo song but Mike liked it so much he said put it on Reseda Beach instead of We Major (just a mixtape). Ghostface was gonna be on it since Tak didn't like the beat at all but Tak ended up being on it. It's called "Here We Go".

"Take it to the radio; slip a couple dollars in their pockets so they play it though". Sick.

"Damn" has Michael Buble and Holly Brook on it. Michael was at a Grammy party w/them...Cheap got his email address and then he came and got on the song for free. "Did it for a bottle of scotch", haha.

"Get Stupid'r" was renamed to "Damn" and totally redone due to samples. Mike produced it w/Apathy. "Howdy Doodie" had Mike producing as well.

Other songs that weren't redone but cut from Reseda Beach due to samples can be found on Razor Tag. I think "Hey You" was one of them that was cut, etc. Maybe "Savin' L.A." as well. I'll have to ask Jay.

Mike is producing a new song off of the Apathy album. He's still working with Cypress Hill as well.

Apathy: "Yeah ...Shinoda is my homie. Shinoda just produced a song for my new album. The song is called "Shoot First" featuring B-Real of Cypress Hill and Celph Titled."

"Get Stupid'r" was renamed to "Damn" and totally redone due to samples. Mike produced it w/Apathy. "Howdy Doodie" had Mike producing as well.

Just a small correction man, "Get Stupid'r" was renamed to "Dumb It Down", he played "Damn" right after that I think.

Thanks for getting the notice up on LPLive so fast too man, appreciate it.

Why would Ryu regret getting taken under LP's wing or whatever?? I don't get it.

They thought it'd be all grand and glorious if LP took them under their wing and put them on Machine Shop. Ryu flat out said Mike is not a record label executive at all. They were treated like absolute shit by Warner Bros (who oversees Machine Shop). Go check the SOB Central forums for Ryu's situation / fight with Tom Whalley, etc. It was pretty nasty.