Anyone else have trouble finding old LP Underground albums?

kcg

Since I was never officially a member of LP Underground as I don't have a debit/credit card and just prefer using gift cards, I've been searching for a lot of different LPU albums online as well as in stores after I stumbled upon copies of Songs From The Underground and LPU6 at a Best Buy in 2010 and 2011. Unable to find anything else in stores, I've spent the last few years searching Amazon and eBay for copies of other LPU albums, but the one I want really badly is LPU4, because of the cover of Wish. I've never been able to find it anywhere online and I know chances at this point of me finding a physical copy of any LPU, let alone LPU4, are really slim, but I'm not going to stop until I find it.

LPU should just re-issue all the LPU CD's like they did in the past. They can do it. Just make new reprints of them. The originals are hard to find. I've found that LPU4 is by far the hardest to find as well, probably because it's one of the best ones. But they're all hard to find. It sucks. I hope you can find a copy.

LPU should just re-issue all the LPU CD's like they did in the past. They can do it. Just make new reprints of them. The originals are hard to find. I've found that LPU4 is by far the hardest to find as well, probably because it's one of the best ones. But they're all hard to find. It sucks. I hope you can find a copy.

They shouldn't. Why should they? Casue "it's hard to find them?" Not really if you know where to look. Had like 5 LPU4 albums through my hands the last couple of years, seen quite alot on ebay.

Thing with reissues is that once there is an album or two reissued, the "must have" value of the originals is decreasing. Like with HT on vinyl, it was such an item for many collectors until they decided to reissue it couple of times. Now it's available for like $20 or so? And the street value of the original first press HT increased BUT there is no demand in buying it for like $250-$300 (Well if you can have it for $20 reissued why buy the original with a 10x higher price right?) That said, it's a NO from me. They really shouldn't touch LPU albums.

They shouldn't. Why should they? Casue "it's hard to find them?" Not really if you know where to look. Had like 5 LPU4 albums through my hands the last couple of years, seen quite alot on ebay.

Thing with reissues is that once there is an album or two reissued, the "must have" value of the originals is decreasing. Like with HT on vinyl, it was such an item for many collectors until they decided to reissue it couple of times. Now it's available for like $20 or so? And the street value of the original first press HT increased BUT there is no demand in buying it for like $250-$300 (Well if you can have it for $20 reissued why buy the original with a 10x higher price right?) That said, it's a NO from me. They really shouldn't touch LPU albums.

I think if anything, they'd just do another Songs from the Underground type of compilation rather than reissuing the CDs. Maybe a HTEP reissue on vinyl for Record Store Day, I think that'd be a cool idea.

I think if anything, they'd just do another Songs from the Underground type of compilation rather than reissuing the CDs. Maybe a HTEP reissue on vinyl for Record Store Day, I think that'd be a cool idea.

SFTU #2 sounds ok. Any "old" album released through RSD sounds cool but in fact it's starting to get a bit weird i'd say. I'd rather pay more for something really limited, than $25 for RSD album that everyone has. For example What I've Done US promo aka the clear disc promo aka the mini-max promo. That's cool AF. Have you seen any of these anywhere lately? Guess not. Or HT 2CD indonesian album which has pink or black cd's. Manufacturing error you'd say but still a cool thing to have! Now ok, let's have something through RSD. HT EP Vinyl? Sure, make it limited to 1000? 1500? Sell it for $40 a piece. Let's really have something special here and not mass produced reissue over and over agan (@JAPAN reissues lmao)

Edited by michalangelo

How were you able to find them on eBay? Every time I search 'linkin park underground 4' or 'linkin park underground 4.0' on eBay, nothing turns up.

How were you able to find them on eBay? Every time I search 'linkin park underground 4' or 'linkin park underground 4.0' on eBay, nothing turns up.

Collectors or other friends on lpcatalog tend to check ebay every day! Really. This way we can be up to date with everything that shows up there, meaning if LPU 4.0 is for sale at buy it now option it can go fast (and by fast i mean it's online for couple of minutes/hour or so and it's gone). Or if it's an auction it can get high, sure but here's an example for the whole package:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Linkin-Park-Underground-4-0-Package/162966488593?hash=item25f18f4611:g:4yUAAOSwrLRauXAN

The best advice is to be patient!

Everything after LPU8 sucks (LPU8 being the last good LPU package). Sure, some of the music is cool on CD's past LPU8, but IMO, the package went severely downhill starting with LPU9. I'm surprised I don't see more of recent LPU packages like that up for sale.

Everything after LPU8 sucks (LPU8 being the last good LPU package). Sure, some of the music is cool on CD's past LPU8, but IMO, the package went severely downhill starting with LPU9. I'm surprised I don't see more of recent LPU packages like that up for sale.

I thought LPUX was one of the best yet

I thought LPUX was one of the best yet

Yeah but are you going by the package or the music? I agree the music on that one is good. I like a lot of the music on most LPU albums. I'm just talking about the full package. Even though the stuff in the older packages was basic, I liked a lot of it a lot. I liked the art design for a lot of the older ones. LPU5 is actually my favorite LPU package of all. Loved the design. Loved that badass cursive looking logo too.

Edited by Geki

I use the LPU9 carabiner still every day on my keychain. I'm amazed it has lasted this long LOL

LPU7 had a caribiner, not LPU9. Unless you mean the one that came with LPU12 that was smaller. But that's an example of what I mean. The older packages were just epic with good products. 1-8.

Edited by Geki

Yeah but are you going by the package or the music? I agree the music on that one is good. I like a lot of the music on most LPU albums. I'm just talking about the full package. Even though the stuff in the older packages was basic, I liked a lot of it a lot. I liked the art design for a lot of the older ones. LPU5 is actually my favorite LPU package of all. Loved the design. Loved that badass cursive looking logo too.

yea i love the LPUX cd, but you're right on the entire package

I do like some items in packages 9-16. For example, I have the LPU11 Flag hung up on my wall next to my computer because it's badass. There was some cool stuff in later packages. A lot of the packages from this decade are boring because there aren't much items included. Especially the last like 3 or 4. The PlugAir was just stupid with 13. I could review each package that I have (joined in LPU3).

Edited by Geki

I have all LPU items from LPU5 and on. I have some stuff from LPU4 and LPU3 but in those years, I wasn't a collector and I was careless with my stuff as a 13 year old. I still have the LPU4 CD (Only the CD, no case), LPU4 Newsletter, LPU4 Wristband, LPU4 Shirt, LPU3 CD (with case too), LPU 3 Shirt, LPU 3 Guitar Pick. I also have the LPU2 and LPU1 shirts, as well as the LPU2 CD and HTEP Reissue from 1. But I got those years ago when the LPU sold them again, I wasn't a member for 1 or 2.

Oh it's the LPU12 carabiner, you're right.

So it's only 6 years old then in November. I would expect it to hold up that long. I imagine LPU products are better than the shit you can buy at Wal-Mart for a 99 cents like their carabiners.

LPU sucked until LPU9 (IMHO). I consider 9 & X to be the best LPU's ever, period. There has been some interesting demos through the years and I really enjoyed LPU16, but yeah, try to find an original copy of the EP from 1999 (not 2001 re-issue) that's like over 1000 bucks.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

LPU sucked until LPU9 (IMHO). I consider 9 & X to be the best LPU's ever, period. There has been some interesting demos through the years and I really enjoyed LPU16, but yeah, try to find an original copy of the EP from 1999 (not 2001 re-issue) that's like over 1000 bucks.

I was going by the packages though, not the music

• 3 weeks later...

Collectors or other friends on lpcatalog tend to check ebay every day! Really. This way we can be up to date with everything that shows up there, meaning if LPU 4.0 is for sale at buy it now option it can go fast (and by fast i mean it's online for couple of minutes/hour or so and it's gone). Or if it's an auction it can get high, sure but here's an example for the whole package:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Linkin-Park-Underground-4-0-Package/162966488593?hash=item25f18f4611:g:4yUAAOSwrLRauXAN

The best advice is to be patient!

Does LPCatalog post any updates on their site when they find LPU material on eBay? Or do I just have to keep waiting?

• 3 months later...

Update:

LPU 3 and 4 on ebay, the price is a little bit high though :P

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Linkin-Park-Underground-CDs-3-and-4-0-Fan-Club-Only-Limited-Editions-RARE/263988697862?hash=item3d76f3db06:g:nAIAAOSw4UlbwnIy:rk:54:pf:0

Does LPCatalog post any updates on their site when they find LPU material on eBay? Or do I just have to keep waiting?

Sorry for a late reply, we don't have such option at the moment but hey, check this post :P

Edited by michalangelo