A question about A Thousand Suns Plus

kcg

I'm confused about A Thousand Suns Plus. I know it was a CD/DVD combination of the full length album on CD and the Live In Madrid performance on DVD, but I've been seeing a lot of mp3 versions of the Madrid performance on Youtube as well. The imperfections in the band's performance are fixed out on the mp3 version. How did those who bought ATS+ get access to the mp3?

Edited by kcg

I never had the chance to buy the DVD but that was a dope exhibition, they literally played the hits and nearly every ATS song

Meh. I'd rather listen to any DSP from 2010 or 2011 instead. Madrid wasn't a full set, it was missing other songs that they played in 2010. There are a lot of good 2010 DSP's.

It might be the best performance of The Messenger, or one of the best. That one is phenomenal.

It's definitely the best, at least to me. It's the highlight of the Madrid show for me. I don't love The Messenger that much but the Madrid performance is really good. I hated that Madrid didn't have OSC, that was one of my issues with the show. Or Lying From You. A lot of the heavier jams. But it was to be expected since it wasn't a usual venue, etc. As far as 2010 shows go, I'd say Paris, Tel Aviv, Berlin and Canberra were my favorites of that year. Paris had a good show, they nailed the whole show, and it had APFMH for HT anniversary which was rare for the ATS tour. Tel Aviv was just a solid show and had good performances. It has one of my favorite performances of OSC ever because Chester sounds so aggressive on the bridge. Berlin was just a good show overall but no highlights, just a good show. Canberra is same as Berlin for me, a good show. Idk some shows I just think the band sounds great on.

Edited by Geki

It might be the best performance of The Messenger, or one of the best. That one is phenomenal.

Agreed, that performance of The Messenger is absolutely amazing, Tel Aviv is my other favorite, because it's unique with the No Woman No Cry cover... Tel Aviv was just a phenomenal show... first time in Israel and band nails it... as Geki said, that OSC performance is great! Probably the best from the ATS cycle

Is Living Things Plus the same thing?

No, Living Things Plus didn't come with an mp3 folder of the show. Just the DVD, sadly. You could always rip the DVD audio but the rips out there are really shitty in quality, IMO, they are very low volume and don't sound nearly as good as the DVD, IMO.

No, Living Things Plus didn't come with an mp3 folder of the show. Just the DVD, sadly. You could always rip the DVD audio but the rips out there are really shitty in quality, IMO, they are very low volume and don't sound nearly as good as the DVD, IMO.

Thanks for letting me know. I just purchased ATS+ on Amazon and was going to purchase LT+ as well, because I was led to believe it included an mp3 as well after stumbling upon this playlist on Youtube, but not anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL80h5mSjbdlDCMsgNoYEcyblfxVyH6SDY

Edited by kcg

• 1 month later...

I just received my copy of ATS+ and I still don't understand how to access the MP3. It tells me to put the disc in my computer, but it already is. Can someone help me out?

It's actually on the DVD. Insert the DVD into your computer and then get the Mp3 folder. You'll have to go to My Computer or the equivalent of My Computer for whatever OS you're using. It'll be there. Copy it to your desktop and there you go. It'll be 192kbps.

• 2 years later...

I’ve owned this for quite some time, but really wanted to hold off on actually watching it until I was sure I wanted to see what would be a concert from the only tour I haven’t actually seen any footage of, outside of major television appearances. Also something about it it starting at night curbed my interest for some reason.

Totally worth the wait. This might be my favorite concert ever. Like someone else said, it’s basically the whole album plus every hit from the previous 10 years. Not only was the “A Thousand Suns” phase their most experimental and interesting songwriting, Chester is still comfortably at his vocal peak here, while the rest of the band had far surpassed their technical musicianship of the Minutes To Midnight days, which was already a huge progression from the Meteora/Hybrid Theory days. It’s basically Linkin Park in perfect form.

I don’t know what else to say. It’s just so dope/beautiful/epic/awesome/badass. The whole concert is one big highlight. I feel so lucky lol