Mike Shinoda Live Set Thread

Geki

I think it's safe to say that Mike will be doing shows throughout 2018 (already have several announced and I'm sure more will be coming eventually). Mike recently said that he will be performing the new songs, as well as some Fort Minor and other stuff, but he isn't sure if any Linkin Park stuff will make it's way in the set, but he wasn't sure yet.

Do you think they'll be just like the 2015 FM shows? I think they'll obviously be similar in terms of the performance, but I think he will change up the set quite a bit.

What songs do you guys think will be played? We can make potential setlists, etc.

Mike Shinoda

Place To Start

Over Again

Watching As I Fall

Crossing A Line

Nothing Makes Sense Anymore

More new songs

Fort Minor

Welcome

Remember The Name (2015 version)

Petrified (2015 version)

Where'd You Go (2015 version)

Cigarettes (2015 version)

Believe Me (2015 version)

Get Me Gone (For some reason, I can just see him finally playing this, idk why)

High Road (Possibly)

Kenji (2015 version)

Dolla (2015 version)

Perhaps more songs

Linkin Park?

High Voltage (2015 version)

Nobody's Listening (Maybe some fragments of it but probably not a full studio version obviously)

Hands Held High (In some way, I can see it being integrated like in 2015)

When They Come For Me (Verses probably)

Wretches And Kings (Verses probably and maybe the bridge part as well)

Devil's Drop (2015 version maybe)

Until It Breaks (Verses and maybe even whole song similar to 2015, even Brad's part being done this time)

Wastelands (Maybe the rap verses, I can see it for some reason)

Good Goodbye (I can see Mike rapping his two verses at some point)

Misc.

It's Goin' Down (Some variation)

Like Riding A Bike (Maybe his verse)

Second To None (maybe his verse and chorus)

Edited by Geki

I don't see full LP songs being played. Maybe sprinkles of verses here and there, but I'm thinking he'll stick to his own stuff, at least for now. Would love to see him do little collabs with other artists that he's playing with at the festivals.

Since a lot of the shows he is playing he is down on the bill, I bet he will only get to play like 6 or 7 songs for those shows. There's 4 Mike tracks counting the one coming out tomorrow. I'd say maybe Welcome and a couple other FM tracks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing he's only going to play MS songs, RTN and possibly Where'd You Go for the festival shows, considering the time slot he's gonna have and the fact that the album is 16 songs. Headline shows are different case, though. Only doing a few verses from LP songs on some mashups/remixes (Believe Me with the WTCFM verse for example) makes sense to me. It looks like he wants to distant himself from LP and focus on his own music for now.

Good ideas for the set, Hahninator. I think you may have nailed it. I can see those being played. Crossing A Line will definitely be in there since it’s the first single. Fort Minor singles.