Talinda & Anna To Speak At Mental Health Event Today

RogueSoul

Not your traditional news post, as today we're highlighting some of the band's sideline heroes. Talinda Bennington, Anna Shinoda, and Jim Digby (the band's production manager) will be speaking today at the Canadian Event Safety Summit, taking place at The Lounge in Toronto, Ontario.

The trio will be speaking at the Strike A Chord part of the event, a discussion on mental health in the entertainment industry. The tagline reads, "We know that life in the entertainment industry can be both rewarding and challenging to our mental health. Now we need to move past awareness; it's time to focus on action." Anyone who's been on social media since July knows how passionately Talinda has been advocating for mental health awareness, even winning the number one spot on The Mighty's Mental Health Heroes Of 2017. She has undoubtedly been one of the biggest parts of the healing process over these last few months and she's continuing to fight on.

For those interested in the event, it's going to be livestreamed on the event's Facebook page. The stream starts at 6:20 PM EST (convert your timezone here; it's about two hours after this has been posted). I'm sure a lot of you heard Talinda's speech from the Hollywood Bowl show, and Anna and Jim will definitely have a lot to weigh in with, too.

Anyone going to tune in? If you're still struggling with getting over Chester's passing, feel free to join our LPLive Help Line server and join our family as we heal together. For more Talinda, Anna, and Jim, go follow them all on Twitter! Talinda called into the Kevin & Bean show this morning before her flight to Toronto and talked about Linkin Park fans and Chester, so be sure to check it out. We'll keep you updated on anything else they do, as there is talks about them going on tour to speak about mental health at some point.

If you want to support the fight against mental health, consider donating to the 320 Change Direction initiative started by Talinda. And if you're struggling with it yourself, always remember: you're not alone. Reach out and find the help you need because you're stronger than your demons. Stay strong.

Watching the video now. So sad.....

EDIT: Does anybody find it incredibly strange that nobody close to Chester EVER talks about the fact that Chris Cornell was one of Chester's BEST FRIENDS and he committed suicide in the same exact way? The crime scene people at Chester's house said the scene was almost literally identical. And does anyone really think it's just mere coincidence that it happened literally on Chris's birthday? I would say Chris's death has a shit ton to do with it, even if Chester had a history of suicidal ideas. I mean Linkin Park toured with Chris Cornell for a very huge main U.S. tour in 2008 and they also toured with him in 2007 in Australia/NZ. And Chester was even the Godfather to Chris's son. I know they kept in touch over the years, too. I think Chris Cornell's death really pushed him way over the edge. Do they feel guilty about it and that's why they never bring it up? I've just always found it really strange that no one has ever said that outside of fans. I've seen 100000000's of fans talk about the connection but never anyone in the band. Weird.

Edited by Geki

Watching the video now. So sad.....

EDIT: Does anybody find it incredibly strange that nobody close to Chester EVER talks about the fact that Chris Cornell was one of Chester's BEST FRIENDS and he committed suicide in the same exact way? The crime scene people at Chester's house said the scene was almost literally identical. And does anyone really think it's just mere coincidence that it happened literally on Chris's birthday? I would say Chris's death has a shit ton to do with it, even if Chester had a history of suicidal ideas. I mean Linkin Park toured with Chris Cornell for a very huge main U.S. tour in 2008 and they also toured with him in 2007 in Australia/NZ. And Chester was even the Godfather to Chris's son. I know they kept in touch over the years, too. I think Chris Cornell's death really pushed him way over the edge. Do they feel guilty about it and that's why they never bring it up? I've just always found it really strange that no one has ever said that outside of fans. I've seen 100000000's of fans talk about the connection but never anyone in the band. Weird.

They would never do that, it would be like blaming him... To be honest I can't stand Cornell I can't listen to his music.

They would never do that, it would be like blaming him... To be honest I can't stand Cornell I can't listen to his music.

You said that in July, and I'll say now what I said then: It does no good to look at Cornell as the reason Chester is gone. Whether or not that was what pushed Chester over the edge, there were things already going on in his mind besides that, and the same is true of Chris Cornell.

It's terrible the way things turned out, but you cant simultaneously have empathy for Chester and acknowledge that depression is a mental illness, while at the same time saying you can't stand Chris Cornell for possibly being Chester's final trigger.

I feel like there's a better way to say what I mean, but do you see what I'm trying to say?

Edited by Justin

I absolutely think that Chester s death is strongly connected with Chris passing away, but I can t hate or blame him, they had their Own terrible demons and could not stand life anymore. If You already have suicidal thoughts and your Best friend and model kills himsekf You can be influenced of course BUT i think Chaz would have killed himself even If Chris was alive, sooner or later. Sad but true, remember one year ago his interviews where he kept saying the last two years were awful...

Chris, like Chester, had his demons and you cannot blame him for that, it's a terrible illness that is sometimes too much to handle.

It would be the same as blaming Chester for anyone doing the same after his death and helps no one.

I actually listened to the entire thing the other night, word for word, and Talinda does mention Chris. So my bad. She said that she thought after Chester lost Chris to suicide and watching what it did to Chris's family, that maybe it would change Chester. I never even thought of that.