Heavy 2 Track Single CD - March 10th

hahninator

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting that the other band members don't have writing credit.... Wasn't it Joe that suggested female vocals? That's kinda writing credit in a way, since they went with that.

Curious out the writing credits for the rest of the songs are, seems like half the band may of been locked out of this process in favour of bringing in other songwriters.

Also the vocals seemed to be recorded all over the place, perhaps down to this new process with other writers, LP travelled around to different locations more to work with different people.

Well I'm sure over the years even though they shared credits, the writing from Rob, Joe, and Phoenix was minimal. But they seemed to have changed it when they went with the additional songwriters, I agree.

This lets you hear the backing vocals by Mike and Kiiara pretty well.

Well as far as Rob specifically, the "Drum Idea" video let me know that he had basically no input lol. Mike basically said "here's what I want you to play", and then Rob went and played it.

I think that happens pretty much on 95% of the music they write. The only time where I think it didn't happen (as much) was during the MTM process (basically because we have a documentary showing all members bringing in stuff, and for instance, The Little Things started as a "drum idea") but for the most part it seems like that Mike and Brad tell Dave and Rob what to play in a song.