April Album Update by Brad

hahninator

There's a new interview with Brad, from Linkin Park's Music For Relief poker event recently. Others in attendance included M. Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold, Wes Scantlin from Puddle of Mudd, and more.

Brad said:
- There are no tour plans as of right now for Linkin Park. They want to release the new album before they start touring.
- He hopes that they can release new music by the end of the year. Mike also agreed in his interview that the goal was to release an album by the end of 2016.
- There are lots of collaborations going on in the studio right now with a wide variety of artists.
- The band is still writing new music, they haven't gotten to the stage where they want to narrow down their songs yet.
- LP is writing the songs in a completely new form, as we already knew, where they work on melodies and lyrics, before adding sounds and instruments to the tracks.
Again, not a lot of new information, but this is at least an update to let us know where they are.

No way this album is out before 2017. If they're STILL trying narrow down which songs they want to work on for the actual album, 4 months into 2016, the absolute earliest this album will come out is December of 2016, and that's a bit of a stretch. I'm guessing January/February 2017.

No way this album is out before 2017. If they're STILL trying narrow down which songs they want to work on for the actual album, 4 months into 2016, the absolute earliest this album will come out is December of 2016, and that's a bit of a stretch. I'm guessing January/February 2017.

Lead single out in october/november then the album out in the first 2017's months

These "updates" are literally all the same. They say the exact same things in every interview.

Well that's because they're still in the writing phase. They haven't changed anything at all. They entered the studio in September, it's now April and they have only gone from writing melodies and lyrics to writing melodies and lyrics WITH some sounds and instrumentals added in. I bet they write for another 3-4 months minimum. They're also collaborating with a lot of artists.

I don't see them starting to even narrow down their songs and get to a core 12-15 until about summer. Then they'll need months to polish those up, finalize them, re record them, etc. Then mix, master the album. I don't see a release until November at the earliest. That's just my guess, though. Maybe no legit tour dates until 2017.

Surely they have to play at least one show in 2016, that'd be super strange for them to not play anything this year.

lol, that must've been interesting...

He was either drunk or on drugs, watch the video. Same uploader as the Brad video, same account.

Well) Then this year we are expecting:

- 4 Bi-Monthly songs

- Waiting For Tomorrow with Martin Garrix

- maybe Fort Minor album or some new songs

- LPU16

and the single from the new album will be in summer)) album in October/November

Well) Then this year we are expecting:

- 4 Bi-Monthly songs

- Waiting For Tomorrow with Martin Garrix

- maybe Fort Minor album or some new songs

- LPU16

and the single from the new album will be in summer)) album in October/November

Not even close to an Fort Minor Album. Come on, Mike working his ass off right now for a new LP album.