Joe Hahn scratch sample records

loulax07

Hey guys, I know some of you saw this recently on Ebay, but I never knew it existed. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Linkin-Park-DJ-Joe-Hahn-Battle-Scratch-Record-Vinyl-Limited-Mint-Cond-/272135494630?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=ZjxUwuoKFRBZ0K1LBV13jY8C42M%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It seems Joe gave some copies to Free Burning Records in LA some years ago and they look to have closed up shop in 2006. A Real Audio sample can be heard of here
http://www.lajunglist.com/freeburning/fb/audio/gas-mask-mr-hahn.ram
Pretty cool that these are the samples Joe would use in their early shows. Questions is, how many of these exist or were given out into circulation?

One can assume that Joe had a number of these during tours, but who has more info? I have seen pics online of him spinning the same record, seen here for example hqdefault.jpg

Edited by loulax07

Well atm no one will share it cause the seller aparently had someone or 2nd account to bump the price up to $500, and of course ebay has a security feature for things like that...

EDIT: So BP called eBay. Turns out he got a fake email about the shill bids! Ebay never sent such email. What the hell is going on with this item??!!

Edited by michalangelo

Hmmmmm, I wonder if it's worth getting. if it is, hopefully someone can bear the high price :P. It's different from that Gas Station record in LPL exclusives, right?

Yes. Gas Station dates from 2000, this one's from 2003 and includes all of Joe's Meteora scratch samples.