LP7 studio pictures

RickLPL

I'm kind of hoping they pick up where Living Things left off. I think an electronic hard rock album would be pretty cool. Songs like Blackout, Lost in the Echo, and Victimized could make for a pretty cool album. They could make use of their new guitar / drum skills from THP, while also not leaving behind some of the amazing things they could do with electronic sounds.

But at the same time I love their softer songs like In My Remains, Powerless, and Iridescent, so I guess I would be happy with just about anything :P

Edited by iPodwithnomusic

Chester is kind of on tour with another band right now, so even if the other guys are in the studio that means he is out for a while.

Was the same when they star with THP 2013. These other guys can pick up song easily. And by the way, i want Rob to use double bass in LP7 even in electronic-rock songs like Lost In The Echo that would be awesome!

this picture:

https://instagram.com/p/7pBICciOyu/?taken-by=ethanmates

they also had those puppets in the studio when recording THP, and look at the wall covering, that's definitely Larrabee Studios.

Since LP is in the studio now, I thought it would be logical to think that he is with LP in the studio again.

The puppets are Ethan's (so is the "burger phone" and a bunch of other stuff we've seen around the studio when LP's been recording in recent years). I'm pretty sure they're not in the studio yet.

I didn't pay much attention to this thread and agree with Astat, but I got confirmation today (in an unrelated situation) that Linkin Park is already in the studio recording the next album. I don't think Chester was there, since he was with STP, but the rest of the band has already started recording, almost immediately after Europe.

I didn't pay much attention to this thread and agree with Astat, but I got confirmation today (in an unrelated situation) that Linkin Park is already in the studio recording the next album. I don't think Chester was there, since he was with STP, but the rest of the band has already started recording, almost immediately after Europe.

Isn't that a little...too soon?

I mean, I know they write all the time but I didn't think they'd finish writing this fast..

Isn't that a little...too soon?

I mean, I know they write all the time but I didn't think they'd finish writing this fast..

I'm sure Mike's been writing since shortly after THP came out, so that's over a year. We also knew he had multiple demos ready around the time Welcome was produced, which could have been either LP or FM demos. I'm not all at surprised Mike is ready to start recording something.

Today, in the LPU chat with Phoenix, he said the band is already in the studio and writing new material for the next album. He also said all band members are contributing songs and he has no idea what the album will sound like (which is obvious this early on).

We know Chester was absent from some of the ATS writing period because he was doing DBS for quite a while (a lot of 2009 and 3 months or so of 2010) and he also was absent from some of the THP writing period because he was with STP for a quite a bit of 2013, etc. Chester isn't the primary writer for LP, Mike and Brad are the main writers, it's been stated. I'm sure Chester will start to come in more regularly now anyways since he is done touring with STP for the time being. He has done a quite a bit of touring with STP this year as well.

But numerous news articles have come out the past month or so confirming LP is indeed in the studio. Mike even stated he feels like some of LP's best work is being written but he doesn't want to say it too soon.

I am very excited for the new album. I really hope LP gives it all this album, with really powerful ballads with deep lyrics, really cool experimentation, etc. think of a mix of M2M and ATS, that's what I want, but not like LT, more mature and more experimental but with good melodies.

This is a cool thread, I will try and update with news if I see it but I'm not the best at keeping up with all the news, just am more excited for this new album for some reason then other albums