April-May 2015 Tour Thread

RogueSoul

Digby is their tour manager, or at least was in 2013-2014. Benjamin was even a guitar tech fill in in 2014 for some shows. Pooch, no, he isn't with them. Tater is though (monitors).

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152717691542611.1073741975.55058857610&type=1

Awesome album from Seattle. Fans on stage for another soundcheck deal before the show. No way to know what they played I guess, sadly.

Benjamin was actually doing some bass teching for Robert. Dean's guitar tech has been with him for like 17 years or something crazy like that, lol.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Review of the Fillmore show: http://www.belowempty.com/forum/index.php?topic=10100.msg181203#msg181203

Chester plays guitar on Adhesive using a capo.
Same setlist, but, as I already said on BelowEmpty forums, I can see that Plush and ILS were swapped comparing to the setlist posted by Robert in his Twitter account before the Seattle show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiS0zqTIAoc
I wonder if it was the same way during the Seattle show and that setlist posted by Rob is slightly incorrect or they changed the order for the Fillmore show for some reason.

I wonder if it was the same way during the Seattle show and that setlist posted by Rob is slightly incorrect or they changed the order for the Fillmore show for some reason.

http://lplive.net/shows/db/stonetemplepilots/20141006

This show had an early setlist posted online as well that was changed for the show, so that's completely possible it was already changed in Seattle. Since we don't know that for sure right now we should at least put a note on Seattle page that those 2 songs could possibly be switched.

Review of the Fillmore show: http://www.belowempty.com/forum/index.php?topic=10100.msg181203#msg181203

Chester plays guitar on Adhesive using a capo.

Same setlist, but, as I already said on BelowEmpty forums, I can see that Plush and ILS were swapped comparing to the setlist posted by Robert in his Twitter account before the Seattle show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiS0zqTIAoc

Isn't that the same guitar Chester used in 2005 when he was in Bucket Of Weenies?

EDIT: Or maybe that was Camp Freddy or Dead By Sunrise. I can't remember. But I think it was.

Edited by Geki

Great info in this thread, thanks Lestat and Jonas.

I wonder how the soundcheck thing works. They sell VIP packages, do they bring those people up and just don't list it as a perk in the packages? Is it some kind of radio contest we've never heard of? STP doesn't have a fanclub so I don't know what it could be. I can find out though from someone in the crew, probably.

The STP people say it was just switched for San Francisco.

Holy shit Pruno is FILTHY, Chester jams so huge on it.

The reviewer replied to me saying

Oh yeah, totally forgot they switched those two. I think it's just because Chester forgot the order of the set and announced the wrong song. He said "I think this is a song you guys might've heard before. It's called Interstate Love Song." And then Dean had an 'Oh shit!" look on his face and rushed back to his amps to grab a slide lol

But yeah, that's the only change I think.

As for the soundchecks thing, I guess it's all about local radio contests like this one: http://www.kisw.com/pages/21167854.php

It's not the only source I saw.

I added the setlist to the page. Getting the pictures now. Feel free to edit/change whatever. You do an excellent job with the STP stuff Lestat. Now I'm interested in seeing if we've seen that guitar before like Geki said. I can't believe how good Pruno sounds...

That's a badass shirt, I'll be getting it at the Boston show.

Do you guys know what Pruno actually is? It's like when people in prison make alcohol out of stuff and they call it pruno.

Edited by Geki

Now I'm interested in seeing if we've seen that guitar before like Geki said.

Nope. First time to my knowledge that Chester's been seen with a Gibson acoustic. Probably one of Dean or Robert's guitars.

Nope. First time to my knowledge that Chester's been seen with a Gibson acoustic. Probably one of Dean or Robert's guitars.

I thought he used that guitar at the BOW show in 2005 at Club Tattoo.

chester-bennington-stone-temple-pilots-6

The Stone Temple Pilots 2015 Spring Tour is off! The third show of the tour will be taking place at the House Of Blues in West Hollywood, California - the second of three dates in California.

The band absolutely went off on the first shows of the tour (Seattle and San Francisco), performing some songs for the first time with Chester (and for the first time at all!). 'Lounge Fly', 'Pruno', 'Coma', 'Adhesive' and 'Creep' were all performed for the first time with Chester, and 'Pruno' and 'Adhesive' got their first performances ever. At the previous show in San Francisco, the band performed the same set they did in Seattle, except for switching up the order of 'Plush' and 'Interstate Love Song' (perhaps by accident?). While it seems unlikely the band will make any major changes to the set for the tour, if they did, what songs would you like to see them perform? Perhaps 'Black Heart' could be brought back into the mix!

Check out this MASSIVE performance of 'Pruno' from San Francisco - perhaps one of the band's biggest jams in the set. What songs are you excited to see on the tour?

Who's going to the show? After this show, the band concludes their Californian excursion in Anaheim (at another House Of Blues!) before heading off to Denver. Clear your schedules - the show on April 27 in New York City will be livestreamed via Yahoo! Music. If you didn't get a chance to see them on the tour, this is your chance! The band is rumored to be releasing their debut album with Chester in October of this year, stay tuned for more information on that! For updates on the show, follow us on Twitter @LiveSTP or check back here.

Check out the rest of Stone Temple Pilot's touring schedule here.

I will say it again

#CHESTERDESERVESNEWSWIRESPOT

STP was posted in the newswire with their tour announcement and some cool downloads.

However this is a Linkin Park fansite, and I say this as someone who is beyond excited to see STP next week. People would be annoyed if we kept putting STP stuff on the newswire. That's why it has its own section. You can follow livestp on Twitter to get the news.

Believe absolutely no disrespect is meant. I can safely save everyone I know who works on the site loves listening to Chester with STP. It just makes sense to have them separate because they're different bands. Whenever Fort Minor comes back I assume the same will happen.

. Whenever Fort Minor comes back I assume the same will happen.

FM wll be all over the place for sure.

It's just sad to see Soul's preshow posts with like 2 of us reading them lol

A flashback just came to my head, I remember that back in the day I complained a lot about having SOB and JK news in the newswire, mmmmh..

A flashback just came to my head, I remember that back in the day I complained a lot about having SOB and JK news in the newswire, mmmmh..

We are definitely not consistent with what we post in the Newswire. Maybe I should put up a post that says like "STP is on tour, here are the tour dates, follow the thread here" with a link. And then below it put something like that for the new LP Aoki song.