The most special performances from the DSP's

JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

Hi

I'm trying to make a compilation of the best of the best from the DSP's, i'm not a fan of having 60 gb of repeated songs so i'm trying to get the best tracks

I need your help!

I consider special:

Hands Held High/Crawling with Chris Cornell

Wake 2.0

No Woman No Cry/The Messenger

Bleed It out/ A Place for My Head

APFMH - Paris, 2010 (Special performance and the only time it was performed in full during the ATS era)

BIO/NRL - Chiba, 2011 (Because it's NRL live)

Umbrella - Manchester, 2008 (One of the two times that Mike performed this)

BTH - Toronto, 2008 (The only time LP has ever performed the song in full piano version)

WID - Toronto, 2008 (The only time LP has ever performed HHH over the WID intro)

Faint - Denver, 2007 (All bands on the tour came out to do Faint with LP)

In Pieces - Detroit, 2008 (Chester's speech before the song)

Given Up - Selma, 2007 (Full Chester scream)

Given Up - Columbus, 2008 (Full Chester scream)
Given Up - Montreal, 2008 (Full Chester scream)

Blackout - San Joze, 2011 (Chester NAILS the screaming in this performance better than any other IMO)

Numb/Encore - New York City, 2008 (Only SBD of Jay-Z with LP besides Milton Keynes)

Jigga What/Faint - New York City, 2008 (Only SBD of Jay-Z with LP besides Milton Keynes)

Given Up - Athens, 2009 (Only time Chester has sang ''I hyperventilate and YOU don't care like in the MTM booklet)

Fire/CBI/MS - Any 2009 show that has it (DBS SBD recording)

There are a lot more and a lot of just great shows but those are some of my favorites.

Points of Authority, Paris 2008 - only time Mike did the High Road verse over the intro.

Shadow of the Day, Mansfield 2007 - Brad screws up the beginning of the first guitar solo, improvises, and ends up coming up with a really cool alternate solo on the spot.

There's only one DSP of New Divide with the "Moscow Intro," right?

There's actually 2, Moscow and Singapore 2011.

New Divide - Okinawa 2009 (The intro is over 2 minutes long, the longest ever i think, and even though other 2009 shows had a longer intro with piano this one is quite different, Mike plays the New Divide melody on piano which is pretty cool)

There's actually 2, Moscow and Singapore 2011.

New Divide - Okinawa 2009 (The intro is over 2 minutes long, the longest ever i think, and even though other 2009 shows had a longer intro with piano this one is quite different, Mike plays the New Divide melody on piano which is pretty cool)

I always forget that the Moscow DSP ended up being released later on.

Shadow of the Day, Mansfield 2007 - Brad screws up the beginning of the first guitar solo, improvises, and ends up coming up with a really cool alternate solo on the spot.

There's only one DSP of New Divide with the "Moscow Intro," right?

Is there a link that someone can give me of that? I don't see it on youtube.

A Place For My Head (Performed due to broken keyboard): Bucharest 2012, Noblesville 2012

Bleed It Out/Papercut: Macao 2009

Bleed It Out (ft. Mike Einzinger): X-FEST 2012

Bleed It Out (Brad Prank): Mountain View 2008

Bleed It Out (Rob Prank): Irvine 2008

Crawling (A Capella): Rio 2012

Cure For The Itch (MTM Version; First performance on ATS Cycle): Las Vegas 2011

Fallout (Extended): Abu Dhabi 2010

The Messenger (Performed due to broken keyboard): San Jose 2011

Numb (Radiance Outro): Berlin 2010 (You can hear Mike singing and less vocoder. There's one with no vocoder, but I can't remember which)

Papercut (Points Of Authority Outro): Los Angeles 2008

Points Of Authority (High Voltage/Bloc Party Mashup): Stuttgart 2009

Not DSPs but still great quality:

Figure.09: Camden 2004

Guilty All The Same: Circuito Banco do Brasil 2014

Wish (NIN Cover): Camden 2004

What I've Done: Circuito Banco do Brasil 2014

Wow not that much epic stuff in all these years of DSPs. They need to really release some older shows.

I wish LP would release a documentary of types which had the band telling the story of the band, some music videos, a lot of cool unreleased live footage, etc. Audio of older shows would be nice but I think video of it would be even better. MCR did that in 2013 when they released their final Greatest Hits album I think and Muse put out a live album in 2013 as well which had the show in Rome as well as some footage of songs from other shows in the bonus. I say this because there is a lot of epic stuff from 2000-2006 but mostly it's just single songs (My Own Summer, Wish, A.06, It's Goin' Down, And One, etc.) and not the entire show.

I wish LP would release a documentary of types which had the band telling the story of the band, some music videos, a lot of cool unreleased live footage, etc. Audio of older shows would be nice but I think video of it would be even better. MCR did that in 2013 when they released their final Greatest Hits album I think and Muse put out a live album in 2013 as well which had the show in Rome as well as some footage of songs from other shows in the bonus. I say this because there is a lot of epic stuff from 2000-2006 but mostly it's just single songs (My Own Summer, Wish, A.06, It's Goin' Down, And One, etc.) and not the entire show.

MTV: The Ride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlT4eONzB8g

They dont even remember their founding year right lol. I think several interviews and documentaries were pretty good at covering their history. Even Frat Party. The Ride was one of the best for sure.

And please back to the topic...

Probably one of their Japan 2006 shows because QWERTY and Reading My Eyes first time. (Not DSP, just LPU CD)

I agree with this. Ethan Mates mixes completely rip Pooch's mixes to shreds IMO and these are great performances of two epic songs.

I agree with this. Ethan Mates mixes completely rip Pooch's mixes to shreds IMO and these are great performances of two epic songs.

Ehh...depends. Sometimes I think Ethan gets a little too carried away with polishing things up in post-production. The amount of pitch correction on the vocals on the Monterry 2012 DVD is pretty excessive. The quality of the DSP mixes varied a ton over the years, I think 2008-2009 were the best.

Does anybody have Mark's 2007/2008 DSP "best moments" compilations from years ago? There's a lot of stuff that could be added to this thread from those.

Edited by Astat

Ehh...depends. Sometimes I think Ethan gets a little too carried away with polishing things up in post-production. The amount of pitch correction on the vocals on the Monterry 2012 DVD is pretty excessive. The quality of the DSP mixes varied a ton over the years, I think 2008-2009 were the best.

Does anybody have Mark's 2007/2008 DSP "best moments" compilations from years ago? There's a lot of stuff that could be added to this thread from those.

I have one called "Funny PR07 Moments". Is that it?