2014.11.17 - Frankfurt, Germany

RogueSoul

thptour_europe.jpg

The Hunting Party European Tour is winding down, slowly but surely! The eleventh stop on the tour takes Linkin Park and Of Mice & Men to Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany at the Festhalle on November 17, 2014. This will be the band's fourth performance there.

The band's history in Frankfurt started in 2001, supporting the Deftones on their 'Back To School' Tour in Offenbach. We're you at that show? - we don't have many details surrounding it! The band didn't return to Frankfurt for the next seven years, when they performed at the Festhalle for the first time in January 2008. Since the tour was just starting, the band tested out some alterations for the setlist at this show, namely adding 'Papercut' into the set after 'Lying From You' and moving 'Valentine's Day' down after 'Breaking The Habit'. Chester brought out his son, Tyler, onstage during the first half of 'In The End', and the crowd sang happy birthday to Rob after his drum solo during 'Bleed It Out'. The band returned for the A Thousand Suns European Tour in 2010, where Mike rapped a verse of 'Reading My Eyes' (a very old Xero song, only performed a handful of times) over the extended intro of 'Bleed It Out'; funny enough, a similar occurrence happened on the current tour: Mike rapped the same verse of 'Reading My Eyes' a cappella style before the intro of 'Bleed It Out' in Amsterdam. It was a great addition to the set, despite being a very small change. Would you like to see it return?

The band's previous show saw them performing in France for the first time since 2011, in Paris. The band performed Set B (shouout to Linkin Park France for great live updates from the show!), featuring the 2014 Abridged Version of 'Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You' from Collision Course, 'Somewhere I Belong', and 'With You'. Mike rapped the hybrid verse of 'Remember The Name' by Fort Minor over his solo medley (which recently saw its first change in Amsterdam for the first time since the Carnivores Tour, and the fourth change since the beginning of the Carnivores Tour). Austin Carlile from Of Mice & Men joined the band for 'Faint', as he's been doing on certain occasions on the tour. Overall, a great show!

Check out this video of the newly updated Experience Version of 'Castle Of Glass' from the Paris show. The band recently incorporated elements of 'Wisdom, Justice, and Love' and 'The Radiance' into the song, making it even greater than it was before! Do you think the band will add more elements to it as time goes on?

Of Mice & Men have been kicking ass this tour! Their set features a bunch of new songs from their new album, Restoring Force. Opening with 'Public Service Announcement', they band immediately starts their show off huge! They then transition into some singles from the album, including 'Feels Like Forever', 'Bones Exposed', and 'Would You Still Be There'. Non-singles including 'Another You' and 'Identity Disorder' (which saw its live debut on this tour) are also performed, before the band closes with 'The Depths' from 2011's The Flood and 'You're Not Alone'.

Who'll be attending the show? Frankfurt is LPLive Admin AndOne's hometown, so be sure to say hi to him if you see him at the show! After Frankfurt, the band performs two more shows in Germany in Berlin (which will be recorded for a Live DVD and live broadcasted exclusively for owners of Samsung 4kTV owners in Europe) and Bremen, before concluding their tour with three shows in England. After this tour, the band plays two holiday shows in California to wrap up 2014 touring, and then plays shows throughout the eastern United States for The Hunting Party North American Tour with Rise Against and Of Mice & Men. If you didn't get a chance to see the band perform this time around don't worry - rumors for another European Tour in 2015 are already rising, along with dates in Asia, South America, and North America - check out all of those rumors in this thread. Keep an eye out for the release of LPU XIV - it's slated for release sometime in the near future. We'll keep you updated on that! For updates on the show, check back here or follow us on Twitter.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2014 touring schedule here.

About 2001, while Offenbach is very close to Frankfurt they don't belong together, some people are very sensitive about this lol. It's like saying New Jersey is a part of New York haha.

Anyway, I'm going to the show and sadly my last one on this tour. It's my kind of hometown show if I might say, I don't live in Frankfurt but that is as close as it will ever get. It's my third time seeing them in this venue, always great shows and I really like the venue.

I hope I can meet all the people I want to meet at the early entry.

About 2001, while Offenbach is very close to Frankfurt they don't belong together, some people are very sensitive about this lol. It's like saying New Jersey is a part of New York haha.

Anyway, I'm going to the show and sadly my last one on this tour. It's my kind of hometown show if I might say, I don't live in Frankfurt but that is as close as it will ever get. It's my third time seeing them in this venue, always great shows and I really like the venue.

I hope I can meet all the people I want to meet at the early entry.

You can count me one of those offended dudes when it comes to Offenbach :P

I'll be there in the pit! I hope Pooch can make the sound go right, last night's sound at Rise Against at the same venue was beyond awful :/

Edited by sckofelng

I like the speeches. Hope they keep it for the USA tour, but drop a ton of shit (aka the entire encore lol) to make room for ALITS, KTTK and APFMH.

Wish I was there! Frankfurt is where I flew into in 2009 when I went to 4 shows. The venue looks epic - I'll come sometime and see LP there.