Fall 2014 European Tour Recordings

hahninator

I think a central thread is a good idea for sources now because we are having a hard time obtaining some sources. As always, download threads, etc go in the audio/video media section in the other part of the forum.

First of all, has anyone had any luck with a few of these Carnivores recordings? I don't know if anyone has messaged these people besides me, but I haven't gotten any responses at all.

Dallas: http://lplive.net/shows/db/2014/20140906
Irvine: http://lplive.net/shows/db/2014/20140911

Feel free to comment with any recordings you find throughout the tour and we can work on obtaining them, sharing them (trading for them if necessary), etc.

For Europe, so far we have these:

Zurich: http://lplive.net/shows/db/2014/20141103

Amsterdam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEbHC2BgqjA (adding to show page now)
Oberhausen: http://lplive.net/shows/db/2014/20141109

I haven't messaged any of these tapers yet (besides Garo, we all know he's a member here :P).

So no chance of getting the recordings of this year's shows?

It is now up to the fans to record the shows. The band stopped selling them because of "lack of interest" - they failed to advertise them correctly so not enough fans knew about them to purchase them. They will not be releasing any more DSPs.

Wien:

source 1: AUD-Vid: Panasonic HDC-SD40 (left angle)

Duration: 100 mins

Format/size: mts (1080i)/11,6 GB

Taper: LPMaskMan

Comment: nice close-ups, sometimes a bit shaky because the taper wanted to enjoy the show, clear sound

source2: AUD-audio: Zoom H2 (internal rear 120° cardioid mics)

Transfer, editing: Zoom H2 > WAV (24bit/48khz) > Ableton Live Suite 9 (pan, EQ, GClip VSTi soft clipper) > CDWave (split tracks) > Trader's Little Helper > FLAC

Format: FLAC (24bit/48khz)

Comment: Some audience singalong can be heard.

source3: AUD-vid: Sony HDR-CX190 (left angle)

Taper: Linkin Thomas

Format: mts (1080i)

Comments: incomplete, only slower songs taped, because the taper wanted to enjoy the heavy ones.

(more info about this source coming soon!)

Edited by LPMaskMan

Wien:

source 1: AUD-Vid: Panasonic HDC-SD40 (left angle)

Format/size: mts (1080i)/11,6 GB

Comment: nice close-ups, sometimes a bit shaky because the taper wanted to enjoy the show, clear sound

I'm really interesed in this one; expecially the clear sound

Edited by stich

Wien:

source3: AUD-vid: Sony HDR-CX190 (left angle)

Comments: incomplete, only slower songs taped, because the taper wanted to enjoy the heavy ones.

(more info about this source coming soon!)

Thanks! I added all of the sources. I really appreciate you taping the show :)

And best comment ever on source 3, that's how I was at a few shows I recorded haha. Went nuts on OSC bridge at Zurich 2009. This is literally how I feel every time I want to record a show...I want to just jam during the heavier stuff.

I asked couple of times but seems nobody was interested.. now all of a sudden I see this topic and I'm like wtf? (I haven't been online at lpl from the day this topic has been posted) I'll ask one last time: should I tape audio, video or both at london shows? One week left.

Both. We had an offer for someone to video both London shows for 200 euros total or something....we can't afford it. Your source would be greatly appreciated. I'd rather you do it than have zero recording, of course. Audio 100% for sure and I'd like you to do video if you could.

LOL didn't know anyone still wants money for taping...

I have a seat on the 23rd so I'll get both for sure, 24th audio for sure, will see about the vid cause I'm with GA tix then. Will share somewhere around 27-28.11 (need to get back home)

Edited by michalangelo

We get offers all the time to tape. Just this year:

Minnesota show for $125

both London shows for 200 euros~

3 audio shows on 2015 tour for $300+

Can't afford any of it :P

If you have GA then have fun with that, you don't see LP all the time so I'd enjoy that show.

Hmm, I could and grab an audio recording the Atlantic City show with my phone. iPhone 5 recordings have had some pretty consistent and good sound (as evidenced by the Carnivores Tour), so let's see how a 6+ does :P

I'll see if I can record the audio with my dad's phone, since I always try to grab a decent amount of videos with my own.

Is it worth it trying to raise money thru donations for recordings of shows?

It is. Shit is expensive and most of us consider this as a part-time hobby and provide for the community. If there is anyone who could tape a show why not get him 50% of his show ticket? It's a win-win imho.

London 1 audio 1 great quality :) audio2 has some distortion but not bad 5-6/10 video from gopro hero 5-6/10 due to distance and no zoom i would say.

Audio #1: SP-CMC-8A > SP-SPSB-1 (no roll-off) > iRiver iHP-120 (rockbox) Location: Block 416

Audio #2: Sony ICD-BX112 > Sony ECM-DS70P Location: Block 112

Video: GoPro Hero 1080p 30fps (Bleed It Out cut due to dead battery) Location: Block 416

As usual Wyjebongo Team.

Edited by michalangelo