2014.11.10 - Hamburg, Germany

hahninator

thptour_europe.jpg

Show number six of the sixteen show European Tour for Linkin Park takes the band to Hamburg's O2 World on November 10th! This show comes in the middle of the largest stretch of German shows on this leg...for in a row that started on the 9th in Oberhausen and continues with Hamburg, Leipzig, and München. It's hard to believe that the tour began less than a week ago and some fans have already seen three or four shows on the tour!

Hamburg has a rich history of Linkin Park shows, having hosted the band six times before today, with one canceled show in 2001. The band's first show ever in Germany was on January 10th, 2001 (their second actual show ever on the continent) when they headlined Grünspan to promote Hybrid Theory in Paris, Hamburg, and London. An interesting fact about this show is that it was the longest known "performance" of Cure For The Itch until the Download Festival show in June 2014. An incredibly old proshot video of Forgotten exists from that show. And lastly, Mike incorrectly stated at the Hamburg 2011 show on June 21st that the band had their first German show ten years prior on June 21, 2001. It's likely that a reporter gave him the wrong information before the show, but this show in January 2001 was their actual first German show.

Next, the band performed four other shows in Germany in March 2001 (opening for the Deftones) before they returned to Hamburg, but at that show, reviews stated that the band performed to a "homecoming"-type crowd as the Germans had already caught on to the band and showed up in big numbers to see them across the country. Nice! Hamburg was the unfortunate city to have a show schedule on September 11, 2001, which had to be canceled. That show was going to be the real tour kickoff show as Stockholm and Frederiksberg were canceled well before the tour began for unknown reasons. Fortunately, the day after Hamburg was a show in Berlin and is still one of the best audience recordings to this day. The Morning After (Chester's solo song) was performed in the encore and the crowd was rowdy as hell - definitely give this show a listen today if you have the time. Step Up also received its live debut at that show.

Still with us? The official makeup show for that canceled Sept 11 show was the second show of Linkin Park's LP Underground Tour in February 2003, when they performed at Docks in Hamburg. A very interesting fact about that venue (and the city of Hamburg) is that it's the ONLY venue in the world in which Linkin Park (2003), Fort Minor (2005), and Dead By Sunrise (2010) all performed at.

After warmup shows to kick off the Minutes To Midnight World Tour, Linkin Park played a PACKED arena show at O2 World (then Color Line Arena) in Hamburg in May 2007, where 30 Seconds To Mars opened. With many other cities in Germany getting live shows throughout 2007 and 2008, Hamburg's next show came in 2010 for A Thousand Suns at the same arena. The 4th LPU Summit came in Hamburg at the same venue too, in June 2011, where the Rolling In The Deep Adele cover was performed acoustically for fans.

This will be the first show in Hamburg since 2011, but it will be their seventh show in the city and fourth show at O2 World. Setlist A is expected at this show since B was at the last show in Oberhausen. And since everyone seems to like A Place For My Head, a video of it at the Amsterdam Summit has surfaced:

The same day that this show happens, the Linkin Park popup store (sponsored by Samsung) in Berlin will be in full swing! Be sure to stop by, check out Mike and Joe's Berlin Wall paintings, and pick up a copy of LPU XIV. The CD is not being released until LPU XIV goes live, but you can get the rest of the merch at the store. Mike and Joe were both at the store on the 9th when it opened and Mike mentioned that the Berlin show on November 19th would be webcasted online (in partnership with Samsung) and then filmed for an eventual DVD release. This is the second show in Berlin to feature a webcast and release, after the 2012 show at Admiralspalast. This popup store will also feature a new LP skateboard deck with The Hunting Party artwork by James Jean as well as more exclusive Linkin Park merch.

After the Hamburg show, Linkin Park has three shows in a row with Leipzig, München, and Wien. The band tends to avoid scheduling three shows in a row, especially in the winter, so we hope Chester remains healthy and doesn't get sick! You can find the rest of the 2014 tour dates here.

Great performance of APFMH, Brad had no idea what he was doing with tempo/palm-muting in the intro lmao. Maybe his "excitement" means he actually want to play something? :P Mike didn't seem too into it either, though.

I miss from the inside and shadow of the day full
Maybe I'll ask them to play no more sorrow again in Brooklyn

thptour_europe.jpg

Still with us? The official makeup show for that canceled Sept 11 show was the second show of Linkin Park's LP Underground Tour in February 2003, when they performed at Docks in Hamburg. A very interesting fact about that venue (and the city of Hamburg) is that it's the ONLY venue in the world in which Linkin Park (2003), Fort Minor (2005), and Dead By Sunrise (2009) all performed at.

Awesome post, good reading. Minor correction, the DBS show was not until 2010 at Docks in Hamburg. It was an epic show though, and Chester was really on fire during the DBS shows that winter.

Awesome post, good reading. Minor correction, the DBS show was not until 2010 at Docks in Hamburg. It was an epic show though, and Chester was really on fire during the DBS shows that winter.

I think he's referring to the secret radio show @ Gruenspan in October 2009. My signature should list it :)

I'm in Hamburg already but I'm not sure whether I should go all the way up to the arena yet because I want to use the EarlyEntry option. Does anyone know when the LPU puts up the information? I still see the info for Oberhausen there.

***EDIT*** Lorenzo has posted the EarlyEntry info on his twitter: https://twitter.com/lorenzoerr/status/531794584851214336

Edited by MaoChouChan

The same day that this show happens, the Linkin Park popup store (sponsored by Samsung) in Berlin will be in full swing! Be sure to stop by, check out Mike and Joe's Berlin Wall paintings, and pick up a copy of LPU XIV.

you cant buy the CD in the store. I asked Lorenzo about the new LPU14 CD and he said that you only got a download link there for the CD which you could download after LPU14 is official open worldwide

2010 is right, I actually confused the 2009 and 2010 shows by DBS...forgot they played Hamburg TWICE....lucky Germans....

you cant buy the CD in the store. I asked Lorenzo about the new LPU14 CD and he said that you only got a download link there for the CD which you could download after LPU14 is official open worldwide

Yeah no CD until the thing launches, I should have clarified that. I meant LPU XIV as in the merch for it.