LPTV: Carnivores Tour - Part 3

RogueSoul

The third installment of the LPTV series from the Carnivores Tour is here! The episode features to LPU Summit in Woodlands, Texas, Brad and Jared Leto discussing the Hollywood Bowl VyRT, and Daron Malakian joining the band onstage for 'Rebellion'!

Thoughts? This is one of the longest LPTV's in awhile - who's pumped about that? A new piano instrumental track is also featured at 5:08 and another unknown track at the 2 minute mark in the video.

I remember you! Free Ballin!! Great job being in charge of the mic during the crew chat :)

Yes! It was all downhill from there. Chester urging me to sing. Rob and Phoenix asking why I wasn't in a band. World-famous musicians complimenting your talents = peak of life unless I can somehow make it for my music myself.

It's not an unknown song that is used at 5:08, it's a song that is heard in the movie Mall towards the beginning. The name is unknown, but that is definitely the song from the movie, you can hear it very clearly if anyone out there has a copy of the movie. It also sounds like that demo Rob played on piano during the making of MTM, honestly. Anyways, this is a great episode. Nice and long. The best LPTV of 2014 for sure.

EDIT: The song at the 2 minute mark is not unknown either, that song is also used in the movie, you can also clearly hear that one in the movie, too. It was also funny when Phoenix said ''sometimes you gotta give the fans what they want'' to Brad and he said ''dude I gave them what they want in Tampa''. Lol he must mean when he took off his shirt for the first time live.

Edited by Geki

Oh yeah Brad is definitely talking about taking his shirt off in Tampa, haha. Wow, Tampa was an incredible show. That's 3 shows I've seen from them there (2008, 2011 and 2014) that have been completely badass. I wish they had played Florida on Honda Civic Tour. I know it sounds biased but Florida is one of the areas in the USA you don't need to skip while on tour. The Miami market and Tampa market always bring great crowds. LP even outsold the most recent Muse tour there by a LOT (2011 vs 2013). I'm from Georgia and I can say, sure, skip Georgia, no problem, but if you tour the United States, don't skip Florida. It's up there with the "necessary" areas to hit like New York, Boston area, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Houston, Chicago, etc. The biggest flaw for Honda Civic Tour to me was that they missed Florida completely and instead, they played a 12,000 seat amphitheatre in Alpharetta, GA (which I'm not sure if they even sold out or not). Take it to West Palm Beach instead and that's 21,000+ people and they SOLD OUT the Carnivores stop there. FYI Atlanta is probably fucked on getting stops on future tours because there essentially is no rock radio station there anymore.

By far the best LPTV in a while. Great to see a longer episode and more backstage stuff. I wish they had asked Daron something. I hope the next episodes are this good.

I agree completely. Best LPTV I've seen in 2014 and it covers a lot of shows with a lot of cool backstage stuff. Daron is blowing the fuck up on stage, haha.

So did the Houston Summit get to play the instruments on stage?

this comment will we invalid in less than 24 hours :P

Hahaha I know that I always change my avatar. I understand that it's probably super annoying. I think I am definitely going to keep the one that I have now for quite some time, maybe forever.

Anyways, I agree with you Hahninator. No idea why LP would ever skip somewhere like Florida on a US tour. Makes no sense. I don't understand why they will play places like New Hampshire, Connecticut, etc., when they could easily just play Boston and New York City and draw in way more people at way better places. For a summer tour, they spend way too much time on the East Coast. I shouldn't be complaining about that because I live on the East Coast, but honestly, they should just hit up Mansfield or Wantagh, Darien Center, no need for other random places like Connecticut, New Hampshire, or other weird states.

I completely forgot about the VyRT webcast from over a month ago, mostly because I never saw a video leak

There was one up briefly, but it was taken down. The ''VyRT team'', I guess you would call it, is very quick to get stuff taken down if it's uploaded at places like YouTube, etc. Honestly, apart from all the crashes and issues during the webcast, I had no desire to ever watch it again. It had some special moments, like Daron coming up for Rebellion and Austin Carlile coming up for Faint, but other than that, it was just like a normal show. I prefer the Darien Center audience recording and other good recordings from this tour instead. I really wish Wantagh had a recording, that was such a good show.

Ask around here if you need video, etc of a show. Our media section covers stuff really well. LP Bits also uploads literally everything as torrents. Between the two sites I think everything has been shared that we can get our hands on. It's no issue here sharing the Hollywood Bowl show. Share away. I changed my mind about it when I saw it was a one time broadcast only plus how stupid the VyRT team was being about the whole thing.