2014.08.23 - Montreal, QC, Parc Jean-Drapeau

RogueSoul

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't Set A_V5 just likely be replacing V4 at this point? It's just one extra song that makes it different.

And still no setlist, but ending with APFMH is not a good idea. It would be great while the song is going, but as it ends, it just abruptly goes out, like Astat was saying, even with a longer outro. I'm still a fan of BIO or OSC closing, largely for the fact that they have the droning guitars at the end so you don't end the concert in awkward silence. APFMH would need pyro or some really good modifications to the outro to serve as the final song.

And Mike's instagram video looks like they ended with BIO with the sustained guitar feedback playing. I could be wrong, but it wasn't APFMH tonight,

Edited by Tyler

I was at the show tonight and as you previously said, Set B without APFMH to close the show.

I also went to the meet and greet and asked Mike if they were going to release a making of the Hunting Party. he said probably not as they already released pretty much all the stuff they wanted through LPTVs etc ...

Quite crowd, that's the only thing that disappointed me. You know there is something wrong when the crowd is moving the most during New Divide ... The crowd really changed since my last gig in 2010..

Edited by arekh

Mike actually addressed the ''making of THP'' at the Summit, he said that they didn't feel like doing that this time around because he felt like the album was never really finished and they want to keep making this kind of music and he also said that you can find out all the behind the scenes stories at things like the Summit and LPTV.

Never really finished? What does that mean? Also no.... LPTV really didn't give us anything in terms of making the songs lol. Look at ATS and LT, there were in-studio videos during the process...then there was ALSO making-ofs for both records.

It's really hard to put in words but he said something like that a making of shows only a part of the process that is still going on right now. He didnt mean it a way that the album is unfinished i think.

But I guess he doesnt know that we got almost nothing through LPTV.

they want to keep making this kind of music

Well that sucks about the "making of". We seriously got nothing from the studio.

Keep making this kind of music? Hell yeah. I thought they'd go in the direction of the Mall songs after THP, but if they stick to THP sound I will be one happy fan :) (I'd be happy with the Mall sound too....I like everything they've ever done a LOT except Living Things, which I think was a failed experiment.)

Well that sucks about the "making of". We seriously got nothing from the studio.

Keep making this kind of music? Hell yeah. I thought they'd go in the direction of the Mall songs after THP, but if they stick to THP sound I will be one happy fan :) (I'd be happy with the Mall sound too....I like everything they've ever done a LOT except Living Things, which I think was a failed experiment.)

Living Things was their second worst album IMO. Even though they were forced by the music industry, Meteora still remains my least favourite album.

Don't get me wrong; I love Meteora, but it's exactly the same as HT.

In terms of sound, here's my list:

1. HT

2. THP

3. ATS (the album was genius)

4. MTM

5. LT

6. Meteora

Living Things did get boring from tracks 7-11, but Meteora...

Edited by irresistiblecookie