Mike Talks About Hard Times And Music

Collision

Mike added some info about albums and economic stuff at his blog. Click here to check it out.

"M: Although I don't have a crystal ball, I think it's safe to say that the current economic situation will not affect the quality of Linkin Park music in the near future."

"M:I believe we are 100% capable and equipped to make "Linkin Park quality" studio albums at home. We choose to record at a studio because it gives us a focused, scheduled environment to "get serious" in. After all, if we were all making an album at my house every day, we might end up hanging out more than recording. "

"M: Do you love Marlboro more than your favorite band? Do you love Louis Vuitton or Starbucks more? Some may, but I'll say this: if you steal music from a band that you love, but you spend money on something from a company that you don't care a lot about, I would very politely suggest that you might have some re-prioritizing to do. "

Sounds good.

Edited by Hahninator

Theres to quotes in this blog that really stand out to me

"...that every dollar you spend on a band (whether it be on their music, concert tickets, or merchandise) is a statement; it says that you want the artist to continue to do what they do. In buying something, you are essentially helping fund the artist's future endeavors."

AND

"...if you steal music from a band that you love, but you spend money on something from a company that you don't care a lot about, I would very politely suggest that you might have some re-prioritizing to do."

Its so true. If people are going to live off downloading their favorite bands music the band wont get any income. And if the band doesn't receive any income, The band wont have enough funds to tour or produce anymore albums. In a Way its Mike saying if you don't support the bands by BUYING Their stuff from them, Then they might as well stop listening to that band because their going to go broke. Its kinda like living with a guy and not paying rent, If you get me.

Why is this news? I should be a mod here.

Because there's not any fucking god damn shit going on in the LP world right now.

Mike posted it and it deals with LP.

M: Although I don't have a crystal ball, I think it's safe to say that the current economic situation will not affect the quality of Linkin Park music in the near future. Although we enjoy going to a recording studio to make use of a more centralized, professional environment to make our albums, I believe we are 100% capable and equipped to make "Linkin Park quality" studio albums at home. We choose to record at a studio because it gives us a focused, scheduled environment to "get serious" in. After all, if we were all making an album at my house every day, we might end up hanging out more than recording :) We would still get the job done, but it would take (even) longer to finish! The bottom line is that our album content and quality are of paramount importance to us, and I can't see us sacrificing them for anything.

That's why it's news. There's nothing else going on worthy of being news and it's something people can check out if they have nothing else to do. It relates to the band and it's not like there's a fucking tour going on where we can cover a show every single day, lol. It's not taking up any space.

Theres to quotes in this blog that really stand out to me

"...that every dollar you spend on a band (whether it be on their music, concert tickets, or merchandise) is a statement; it says that you want the artist to continue to do what they do. In buying something, you are essentially helping fund the artist's future endeavors."

AND

"...if you steal music from a band that you love, but you spend money on something from a company that you don't care a lot about, I would very politely suggest that you might have some re-prioritizing to do."

Its so true. If people are going to live off downloading their favorite bands music the band wont get any income. And if the band doesn't receive any income, The band wont have enough funds to tour or produce anymore albums. In a Way its Mike saying if you don't support the bands by BUYING Their stuff from them, Then they might as well stop listening to that band because their going to go broke. Its kinda like living with a guy and not paying rent, If you get me.

I agree. Absolutely agree. The last two sentences from Mike are really making a statement. You should have enough respect for the band to buy their albums but I totally understand not doing that due to lack of money, etc.

Personally, I never buy albums except from LP. I download everything. I still do support the artists though, because when they tour and play shows near me, I pay to go to those shows and support them in person with my reactions to their music, etc. I buy their merch, I meet them personally and thank them, etc. Buying their albums is not the only way to support them....I prefer to do it by going to their live shows. But Mike has a great point.

I agree. Absolutely agree. The last two sentences from Mike are really making a statement. You should have enough respect for the band to buy their albums but I totally understand not doing that due to lack of money, etc.

Personally, I never buy albums except from LP. I download everything. I still do support the artists though, because when they tour and play shows near me, I pay to go to those shows and support them in person with my reactions to their music, etc. I buy their merch, I meet them personally and thank them, etc. Buying their albums is not the only way to support them....I prefer to do it by going to their live shows. But Mike has a great point.

I agree with Mark, the only cd's I have bought really in the last 8 years are LP, but its not for lack of wanting to, I just can't really afford to buy all the albums I want. Eventually, my cd collection will start to grow again, when I am not staying home taking care of my children full time.

Plus, I still plan on downloading the albums and listening to it in its entirety before I buy it, because if I only like one or two songs, I won't be wasting my money on it anyway.

I totally agree with Mike. If you love a band's music then prove it by buying their albums, seeing their shows, etc. Afterall this is their livelihood and it's no different than if our place of employment refused to pay us after we did the work. If I don't have the cash and I just can't wait, I will download the album and then buy it ASAP. The only exception being if I literally can't find the album in my area and it's not available to buy online.

Edited by RMD369

The way things are today, to buy an album instead of downloading it makes more sense. It helps small businesses. When I got MTM, I got it in a small business only to also see and for sale sign. Just was glad to get it there.