Favorite Live Show

Geki

We were discussing this in the shoutbox the other night. What is your all time favorite live show from LP, if you could only pick one? I chose Live 8. I think the band performed well, Jay-Z came out and did 4 songs from CC and 1 of his own songs, and most importantly, it was a huge message (Live 8) and was the biggest crowd LP has ever played for. Try not to be overly biased and choose only a show you've been to just because you were there.

Rio de Janeiro 2012 (First night) :)

Because i just got enter on the meet and greet and also they played a awesome setlist with POA, With You, A Place for my head and the crowd were so loud!

I disagree with Live 8 because Chester was really off that day - his Crawling performance notably is really, extraordinarily bad for him. Was that around the time Chester was drugged out and in terrible shape in life? It's just a lot of small stuff that bothers me from that show - the SIB intro by Brad sounds really off, Chester sounds mega hoarse and unrehearsed the entire time, Jay-Z really messed up huge on Big Pimpin. In 2004 and 2006 Chester was nailing shit so something was up with this show. The webcast mix was bad, the LPU 5 version was mixed even worse (you can't even hear Chester on the LFY bridge, Faint after the bridge has an awful mix), etc. And why didn't they release the full show?

My favorite is Mountain View 2004. To this day I think Projekt Revolution 2004 still had the best setlists in LP history. The band nails the show. APFMH's bridge has such a unique scream from Chester that I've never heard elsewhere from him. I loved the "we're BTH" line in the show. The band was firing on all cylinders at this time and was going town to town burning the place down. A+ show and the extra stuff in the encore adds icing to the cake.

MFR 2005 is VERY close.

• 1 month later...

Gotta be MSG 2011. Sure we didn't get Jay but holy fucking shit the crowd was the loudest I've ever heard. Don't watch the Fuse broadcast because they make the crowd seem like shit; turned us all the way down. DSP is epic.

that bugged me too so I synced up the DSP audio with the video (pretty badly) on my youtube back in the day haha

but I find it makes for better watching https://www.youtube.com/user/LinkinParkKanenite I've no idea why I uploaded half the things I did!

I think the reason Live 8 sounded badly (mostly vocally from Chester) is because of what Hahinator said before, he was in bad shape. He did an interview with Vegas Rock Magazine back in 2009, I have a copy of it. He said that he battled drugs when he was younger and beat that, but he was also an alcoholic during these times and he is now sober. I think he must have been drunk or hungover at Live 8, then, not on drugs. Maybe that is why his voice was bad.

Edited by Geki