LP North American Tour In August

hahninator

For what it's worth, TC was my favourite track from ATS and BID is in the top 3 for LT.

I'm sure every first single selection has it's own reason. TC obviously for being the theme and the climax of the album, while BID had the most 'energy' (as the band phrases it) of the album.

In a way, I think the first single selections also kind of represent what the album is going to sound like.

OSC/HT -> Heavy

SIB/Meteora -> Heavy but more angsty/emo

WID/MTM -> Softer

TC/ATS -> Electronic, creative, different song structures

BID/LT -> Electronic, catchy, shorter 'firecracker' type

Just my two cents.

They were successful but LP's biggest hits were ITE, Numb, WID and ND. TC wasn't very successful at all really and ATS is still there worst selling album of the 5. But I see where you are coming from, they pick strong choices for the first single, all bands do.

Are you sure? I was under the impression Bleed It Out was bigger than What I've Done, but of course I might be wrong about that.

The mistake they made with ATS was not picking WFTE to be the lead single. The singles from that album should have been WFTE, Wretches, and BITS.

Are you sure? I was under the impression Bleed It Out was bigger than What I've Done, but of course I might be wrong about that.

The mistake they made with ATS was not picking WFTE to be the lead single. The singles from that album should have been WFTE, Wretches, and BITS.

Sale wise and radio wise, WID has BIO beat. BIO does translate well live, though. LP generally DOES pick great first singles, but they aren't always the BEST songs on the album. That's what I was trying to say.

BIO is kind of like APFMH, with the difference being that BIO was actually released as a single. It had a fairly good chart run, but didn't do quite as well as the lead single from the album, which has been a trend of all LP releases from MTM onwards. Kind of overlooked by the media for as popular of a song as it is with fans, but people go NUTS for it live. Biggest crowd reaction I've seen at any LP show I've been to was Projekt Rev 2007, people chanted for BIO non-stop throughout the ENTIRE encore break, sat through CFTI and QWERTY like "WTF is this shit," and then fucking ERUPTED when they went into BIO afterwards. A lot of people on the lawn didn't even stay for Faint, it was a total "they played BIO, I'm satisfied so let's beat the rush out of here" reaction. I don't know if I'd still give it this title now, but it was DEFINITELY the band's most popular live song during the MTM cycle.

BIO is kind of like APFMH, with the difference being that BIO was actually released as a single. It had a fairly good chart run, but didn't do quite as well as the lead single from the album, which has been a trend of all LP releases from MTM onwards. Kind of overlooked by the media for as popular of a song as it is with fans, but people go NUTS for it live. Biggest crowd reaction I've seen at any LP show I've been to was Projekt Rev 2007, people chanted for BIO non-stop throughout the ENTIRE encore break, sat through CFTI and QWERTY like "WTF is this shit," and then fucking ERUPTED when they went into BIO afterwards. A lot of people on the lawn didn't even stay for Faint, it was a total "they played BIO, I'm satisfied so let's beat the rush out of here" reaction. I don't know if I'd still give it this title now, but it was DEFINITELY the band's most popular live song during the MTM cycle.

You said it perfectly there. 2007 show at Darien, BIO was the final song before the 3 song encore, and I would say at least one third of the crowd left. TLTGYA didn't really have them wanting to come back.

I wonder when the US tour will be announced and they will show the dates, etc. Hopefully soon or around March or April. Anything past that would be crazy considering people need to save up money or request time off, etc.

I'm REALLY hoping they play in East Troy or Somerset this time (they haven't played those venues since 2008 and 2004, respectively). Somerset is like an hour and 45 minutes from me, but I'd probably be able to do East Troy too. I couldn't swing the 7-8 hour drive to Alpine Valley for the HCT show, and even though East Troy is still around 6 hours from me, not having to drive through Chicago makes the trip a LOT easier.