The definition of the StageLight's material

Skipees

Loop Jam was just a demostration of what you can do with all the samples that the program has.. it doesn't counts as a LP song, that's just my opinion i want to listen to Astat's opinion.

All the five (Brusier, Complimentary, Loop Jam 1, Loop Jam 2 and Space Station) are from the program. But if Mike considered Complimentary as a song, so the others (that came from the same place) are songs too.

Edit:

From the LP Underground email sent on December 10th:

"We are offering a free download of Stagelight Music Software to all LPU members. LPU members will receive exclusive Linkin Park sound packs and unreleased songs with Stagelight Software. Download codes will be sent to all LPU members on Wednesday, December 12th."

It's a interesting point. IMO, I don't consider the Loop Jams as Linkin Park songs, as I don't consider the MtM Clips as LP songs.

But we have to consider some points:

- Even 50-sec / 1 min demos as Stick and Move / Sad are demos released by the band and can be consider as songs by this game;

- As Skipees said, Mike consider Complimentary as a Linkin Park song, and, probably, he just mixed the multitracks from some songs and made Complimentary, as the Loop Jam's;

- Loop Jams are a bunch of partial tracks/demos mixed together, but Until It Breaks is it too, and is a song. It's a terrible comparison, but :P

So, I really don't know what to say...

All the five (Brusier, Complimentary, Loop Jam 1, Loop Jam 2 and Space Station) are from the program. But if Mike considered Complimentary as a song, so the others (that came from the same place) are songs too.

Edit:

One thing is creating a song with the Stagelight (Complimentary) by a band member so that makes it official

Bruiser was clearly created by Mike too.

In my opinion the Loop Jams were created by a random guy, I'm not really sure about Space Station.

Even if these songs are demos (this is what I think about the Loop Jam 1/2), they can be here since we used until now a lot of the LPU demos.

In my opinion the Loop Jams were created by a random guy, I'm not really sure about Space Station.

Wow.

Why the wow? lol

Becuase you're saying that if the band recorded something and someone else "build" it to a song, it's not their song. Basically it's like to say that Hybrid Theory and Meteora are Don Gilmore's albums.

You guys can cal Loop Jam a LP song if you want. It probably is technically a LP song. I just don't consider it to be a LP song at all. Just my opinion. I consider Bruiser, Complimentary and Space Station to be LP songs, but not the Loop Jams.

You guys can cal Loop Jam a LP song if you want. It probably is technically a LP song. I just don't consider it to be a LP song at all. Just my opinion. I consider Bruiser, Complimentary and Space Station to be LP songs, but not the Loop Jams.

It's what I think too, but technically Loop Jams are LP songs, as you said, and are valid for this game, IMO.

No, only previously released stuff.

Loop Jam is basically a 'mix' of all the demos stems and shit released through Stagelight. Demos that we never got the real version of. Take Chicken Basket, for example.

Loop Jam is basically a 'mix' of all the demos stems and shit released through Stagelight. Demos that we never got the real version of. Take Chicken Basket, for example.

Same as Sold My Soul To Yo Mama, and if someone will put this for guess you'll not say a single letter against it. Am I right?

Except that Joe did that track and the Loop Jams were probably made by a stranger

so if i use the loops and create a song with Stagelight it's gonna be official? :lol:

No, you're not a producer/mixer. :P

Who is this stranger that you keep talking about? You're imaging that there's someone that made it and you're talking like it's a "probably" fact?

The Loop Jams consist 100% of stems from other LP demos released through Stagelight. There is no original music found in those songs that isn't found elsewhere in the program. Bruiser, Space Station, and Complementary are original songs. I don't get why it's so hard to understand the difference.

Saying the Loop Jams count as LP songs is like saying it would count as an LP song if I put the What I've Done acapella over the New Divide instrumental.

Same as Sold My Soul To Yo Mama, and if someone will put this for guess you'll not say a single letter against it. Am I right?

Sold My Soul is like 10% Papercut/POA samples, 90% original music. Big difference.

Edited by Astat

The Loop Jams consist 100% of stems from other LP demos released through Stagelight. There is no original music found in those songs that isn't found elsewhere in the program. Bruiser, Space Station, and Complementary are original songs. I don't get why it's so hard to understand the difference.

I never said the Loop Jam 1/2 are originals. There's no word for something like this that I know (this is why I called this thread "The definition of the StageLight's material"), it's not exactly a song, not exactly a demo and not exactly a remix (the closest one). So like I said, I consider them as demos. Even you described and explained these without to categorized.

Anyway, the point now is if the band created these, or some imaginary friend of Joze?

Saying the Loop Jams count as LP songs is like saying it would count as an LP song if I put the What I've Done acapella over the New Divide instrumental.

That will be called mash-up. :P

Astat said what I tought about the Loop Jam's. But I still have a doubt: Mike made Complimentary using the StageLight software and parts of Burn It Down, Lost in the Echo and Roads Untraveled. So this song could be consider a LP song or is in the same category that the Loop Jams?

Astat said what I tought about the Loop Jam's. But I still have a doubt: Mike made Complimentary using the StageLight software and parts of Burn It Down, Lost in the Echo and Roads Untraveled. So this song could be consider a LP song or is in the same category that the Loop Jams?

This is the main reason for my opinion.

In your face Skipees! :lol:

Thanks for the info Astat you are the #1, wish there was a notification system when you post something lol

This is not a battle about WHO'S right, it's a discussion about WHAT'S right.

As long you acting like a fan of Astat, you should learn from him one of his best trait, he's trying to prove his opinions without being arrogant. For some reason you don't prove nothing but acting like a big snooty.