STP in Newswire or STP Section?

hahninator

STP  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Where should we put the STP news & live shows?

• Keep it all in Newswire
    • Keep it all in the STP section
    • Put the STP news in Newswire and the show threads in the STP section

Since we are facing some comments from both sides on this issue...I want to know what you think we should do with our Stone Temple Pilots news & live show updates. We have threads for every show of course, and post news accordingly for STP.

However, we recently moved the STP news and live show threads to our STP section:

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showforum=76

This is because:

1. The STP live show threads + STP news is "smothering" the LP news and moving it off of the LPL homepage

2. A significant portion of the LP fanbase doesn't have any interest in the STP stuff, and we do want to focus on LP FIRST before other projects

3. STP is another band Chester has joined versus it being a project he created on his own like Fort Minor and Dead By Sunrise were

But what do you think? Would you like to see the STP news stay in the Newswire? Or both the STP news and STP live show threads in Newswire? Or just keep it all in the STP section?

It's very simple

just report the important news, example:

THE RELEASE OF A NEW SONG

SOMETHING IMPORTANT THAT HAPPENED AT A CONCERT (SONG DEBUT, A RIOT LOL)

ALBUM RELEASE

CONFLICTS WITH WEILAND

we all care about that we love to bitch at weiland we love to have info about new music

i understand that it's boring to post about every STP show since they are pretty similar.

BLACKHEART DESERVES A NEWSWIRE POST

What did you do when Chester joined Dead by sunrise?

It's more about what interest people, so I'm not sure if patterns will help here. I don't think we have more than 10 people that posting in the "regular" STP threads, but in the other hand that's not an indication for the "readers-only".

I say, if possible, make a subcategory for STP in the News Section of the forums. Like under the "Got News" forum.

The point is that all the Newswire posts are also in the homepage.. To put them in separate section and make the section directly-to-homepage is like to put them all in the same place..

It's very simple

just report the important news, example:

THE RELEASE OF A NEW SONG

SOMETHING IMPORTANT THAT HAPPENED AT A CONCERT (SONG DEBUT, A RIOT LOL)

ALBUM RELEASE

CONFLICTS WITH WEILAND

we all care about that we love to bitch at weiland we love to have info about new music

i understand that it's boring to post about every STP show since they are pretty similar.

BLACKHEART DESERVES A NEWSWIRE POST

I agree with this.

On a much wider perspective - we could think of making news by sections. For example like LPAssociation have for LPA News and Linkin Park News, but in our case we could make it something like:

- All News

- Linkin Park News

- Julien-K News

- STPWCB News

- etc.

Or even make it a multi-selection so that user could pick which categories he wants to see on the homepage, so that if he wants LP and JK - he won't have to select All News and see STP too.

I agree with this.

On a much wider perspective - we could think of making news by sections. For example like LPAssociation have for LPA News and Linkin Park News, but in our case we could make it something like:

- All News

- Linkin Park News

- Julien-K News

- STPWCB News

- etc.

Or even make it a multi-selection so that user could pick which categories he wants to see on the homepage, so that if he wants LP and JK - he won't have to select All News and see STP too.

How much traffic does the homepage get? Would it warrant that sort of categorization?

We asked a couple of times in the past and organizing the newswire into categories never gained enough interest for us to actually change it. Sometimes there's quite a lot of news at once but it's never that much that you would totally loose the overview.

Most important side news in the Newswire it's as simple as that. Even the most important LP news make it to the newswire, not so important stuff stays in the news such as voting, ugly shoes etc. lol