Album Revival Theory

RogueSoul

I think this "we have to" it's because COG is a NEW single, not just a single. This "we have to" is because people come to see that song because they listen to it on the radio/TV and maybe don't know the rest of the album.

I understand, but do you think if say...Chester met with the band and said he wants to drop either Numb, ITE, or WID in one of the setlists for the next tour, do you think the rest of the band would actually give that some serious consideration? Or do you think Mike or one of the guys would say "dude we can't just not play that."

I'm not saying that would ever happen. This is purely an example.

I understand, but do you think if say...Chester met with the band and said he wants to drop either Numb, ITE, or WID in one of the setlists for the next tour, do you think the rest of the band would actually give that some serious consideration? Or do you think Mike or one of the guys would say "dude we can't just not play that."

I'm not saying that would ever happen. This is purely an example.

Again, these three are not just singles, they're also mega-hits. People who never listened to even one of the LP album, can recite the lyrics word by word.

But let's get in to your question a lil' bit. Where are ATS singles? The band played ⅓ of Iridescent, ½ of WFTE, and The Catalyst from time to time. The same thing gonna happen to "most" of LT singles probably. They dropped Crawling and I think this song is number 5 of the number of people who knows it, after the three you mentioned and New Divide.

Again, these three are not just singles, they're also mega-hits. People who never listened to even one of the LP album, can recite the lyrics word by word.

But let's get in to your question a lil' bit. Where are ATS singles? The band played ⅓ of Iridescent, ½ of WFTE, and The Catalyst from time to time. The same thing gonna happen to "most" of LT singles probably. They dropped Crawling and I think this song is number 4 of the number of people who knows it, after the three you mentioned.

The ATS singles for some reason like you said are barely present, which sucks because it seems almost like the band doesn't like that album anymore or something. Anyway my point, which I guess I failed to make, was that LP seems to have the list of songs that they play live that they don't like to deviate from too much, and I'm wondering is that because they genuinely enjoy playing those songs or because (like you said) some of them are mega-hits that they feel they can't drop no matter how long they play it. I mean ITE was dropped for one show in 13 years or something crazy like that.

Idk, I feel like I'm not saying this right. I just wish they would have more variation in their sets, at least regularly rotate the non-singles. Maybe liberate some songs from that Waiting to be Liberated thread. Something like that. Do I sound like a bratty fan right now?

Anyway my point, which I guess I failed to make, was that LP seems to have the list of songs that they play live that they don't like to deviate from too much, and I'm wondering is that because they genuinely enjoy playing those songs or because (like you said) some of them are mega-hits that they feel they can't drop no matter how long they play it.

Except than these 4 songs, I think they can replace any song in the set with any other song that they want. There's the second level of singles (One Step Closer, Faint, Given Up and Bleed It Out) that they played a lot, but I guess that's because these are fun to play.

So basically we have something like 8-9 constant songs from 22-25 songs in the set (and we have 3 sets), so they can play more non-singles if they want, but they're not doing it for some reason.

I just wish they would have more variation in their sets, at least regularly rotate the non-singles. Maybe liberate some songs from that Waiting to be Liberated thread. Something like that. Do I sound like a bratty fan right now?

I don't think someone here ever said "That's okay that they're playing only singles". I think we all agree about that, some of us maybe want too much, but we all agree about the basic idea.

Another thing that annoys me about how they basically only play singles is the fact that they have TONS of singles. Surely, In The End, Numb and What I've Done are probably their biggest hits in terms of sales and popularity and stuff, so keep those always. That's only 3 songs. They could sacrifice some other singles that fans wouldn't care as much about in favor of other awesome songs. But this is LP, I guess they don't think like that or something.

Another thing is that we always bitch about the setlists

I remember when they were new, everyone was freaking excited and who are we to give a shit about them? just like 2 or 3 peoeple follows the band for a big run of shows.

and actually those sets are pretty good, pretty fucking energetic!

Thank you. Imagine if the band had changed Set B before Mexico and dropped APFMH. There is no reason to change setlists for a place they haven't toured yet. If they didn't change the sets for a second US tour, for example, that's a bit different.

Edited by CASTLE OF GLASS

Thank you. Imagine if the band had changed Set B before Mexico and dropped APFMH. There is no reason to change setlists for a place they haven't toured yet. If they didn't change the sets for a second US tour, for example, that's a bit different.

We are not talking about replacing songs in every tour, we are talking about replacing 1-2 singles with other songs because there are too many singles in the set.