LIVING THINGS World Tour Wrapup

hahninator

• 4 weeks later...

I know, this is incredible late, but I've been thinking about a few things that happened over the course of the cycle, and how many firsts we really got, whether they were positive or negative.

[long list]

- First touring cycle to have no shows in the UK, but the first to have shows in Mexico in 10 years, and first shows in Africa and Ukraine.

- First album to have official A Capellas and instrumentals released to the public.

- This album had the longest gap between the first and second single, clocking in at 187 days, or 6 months and 4 days. This is just a bit longer than Hybrid Theory, which clocked in at 155 days.

- This is the second album to have at least one official remix album, but the first to have two/three, depending if you count the Remix Subscription.

- This album had the shortest "Making Of" video, with it being only 17 minutes.

- This is the first album to have only three official singles, BURN IT DOWN, LOST IN THE ECHO, and CASTLE OF GLASS. LIES GREED MISERY, POWERLESS, and I'LL BE GONE were all promotional.

- This album marked the first time the band has used two of their songs for the same game. Both LIES GREED MISERY and CASTLE OF GLASS were used for Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

- This album cycle marked the lowest percentage of an album being played live by the band live. Only 58%, 7/12, of the album was played live, not including the verse from UNTIL IT BREAKS over the intro for Waiting For The End.

- To make up for that last fact, this album cycle also not only holds the most revials, but the revival of two songs not played for over 1500 days, or over 4 years, With You and Runaway, alongside A Place For My Head, Somewhere I Belong, and Points of Authority. This also marks the most amount of Hybrid Theory being played since the Meteora era, at 8/12 tracks. This means Hybrid Theory got more love than LIVING THINGS on the LIVING THINGS tour.

- This album cycle marks the first time the band has released an interactive music video.

- This touring cycle marked the first time In The End was dropped from a set in 12 years. Yet Numb is still being played nonstop.

- This is the first album from the band since Meteora to not contain profanities.

- This is also the first album since Meteora to not contain any non-live track B-sides.

- This was the first touring cycle to not have the opening song from the album, LOST IN THE ECHO, open at least one non-festival show. It only opened KROQ AAC. Whether or not that set was meant to be the layout for the new Set C, but was never played, we'll never know.

- This is the first studio album since Hybrid Theory to not open with an instrumental track of some kind. Yes, I'm including Foreword.

- IN MY REMAINS and TINFOIL are the only tracks off of LIVING THINGS to not have gotten an official remix of any kind, but BURN IT DOWN got 7,000.

- This is the first album cycle where the band held a scavenger hunt and allowed a fan to leak a new track, LIES GREED MISERY.

- This tour cycle contained the most mashups and medleys played consistantly throughout the tour, with the Ballad Medley, Lying From You/Papercut, and VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY).

- With You and A Place For My Head opened sets for the first time in 8 and 11 years, respectively.

- BURN IT DOWN and LOST IN THE ECHO were played at every non-award show since their debut.

[/long list]

Edited by CASTLE OF GLASS

- IN MY REMAINS and TINFOIL are the only tracks off of LIVING THINGS to not have gotten an official remix of any kind, but BURN IT DOWN got 7,000.

This implies that BID has 7,000 OFFICIAL remixes. I wouldn't consider fan-made remixes official. If that's true I would be literally speechless.