1998 or 1999?

hahninator

I added up the performances from 2001. I am surprised how many people on Facebook and Twitter think that 324 is accurate. Wow. Linkin Park did NOT tour for 15 weeks (minimum) in 2001 and that's 105 days. 260 days are left, which is far from 324. Anyway, adding it up:

HT European Promo Tour:
3 full shows
1 TV appearance
1 radio appearance
1 TV appearance (after that)
Total (of both): 5 live performances
Street Soldiers Tour:
20 full shows
1 full festival show
1 soundcheck party set
Total: 22 live performances
Deftones European Tour:
19 full shows
1 TV appearance
Total: 20 live performances
US-to-Europe Tour:
21 total shows
(split amongst headlining and festival/radio shows)
Ozzfest:
45 total shows in that period
(split amongst Ozzfest, OFFEST, radio shows, and Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame)
*1 canceled show at a festival*
HT Euro Headlining Tour:
8 full shows
1 radio show
1 TV concert
*3 canceled shows*
1 radio show (after that)
Total (of both, excluding canceled shows): 11 live performances
Family Values Tour:
27 shows (tour was rescheduled a bunch so we list those shows too)
Total: 27 live performances
Countdown To Revolution Tour
9 shows
4 radio shows
Total: 13 live performances
-----------------------------------------------------------
2001 totals:
TOTAL PLAYED SHOWS: 164

I guess I know who posted the FB comments yesterday from the LPL crew :lol:

As I posted yesterday, I gotta little OCD about this stuff.

I guess I know who posted the FB comments yesterday from the LPL crew :lol:

As I posted yesterday, I gotta little OCD about this stuff.

Good time for some "Astat guessing," as you put it...:rolleyes:

Even if you add up every known performance from 2002 and earlier, including every cancelled date AND every pre-Linkin Park name change show (including the Relative Degree show), you get a grand total of...314. There are obviously a lot of shows from the first half of 2000 and earlier that we probably don't know about, but still...LP toured far more vigorously in support of Hybrid Theory than they did for any other album. You can make every excuse in the world, and there's practically no way you can feasibly even come CLOSE to the fabricated total of 324 shows, even if you're accounting for the entire 2000-2002 period and not the 2001 calendar year.

I have no idea where that total came from or who was smoking what when they decided to print it as fact, but it's hilariously inaccurate.

People seem to think that LP/the LP crew are infallible, which is obvioulsy not true. Just look at Mike's quote in Astat's signature. They're human lol. 324 shows sounds like a number someone said in exaggeration that was mistakenly taken as literal.

I think it's just one of those myths that will never die for casual fans who refuse to do any deeper research than "Hey, it's in the book. You guys don't know what you're talking about."

I think 324 is way to specific to be made up. It could be the real number of shows they played for Hybrid Theory until a certain point.

About 160 in 2001, and we have about another 110 for 2000 and earlier in our database. It comes pretty close considering there are a couple of 1999 label showcases and early 2000 shows we have no info about.

If you add the 23 shows from 2002 you easily get to the 324 for the entire HT touring cycle.

They either made up this number completely or someone did the math. In the Rolling Stone interview Phoenix estimated over 300 not 324, and that was at the end of 2001. I think it's also not unlikely that someone was keeping track and that they knew that LP played over 300 shows at this point (but probably not with Phoenix anyway). Whoever came up with the whole over 324 shows in 2001 seems not very smart, especially when you publish that "fact" in a book. It baffles me when people on Facebook for example believe this fact to be true because it's printed in a book, instead of just applying simple logic to it, that it's simply impossible for any band, especially an internationally touring band to play this many shows in one year without dying from exhaustion.

We've been hoodwinked yo!

Next meet n greet, f**k asking Mike for a new verse of BIO, call him out on this 324 shows in 2001 BS! :lol:

AndOne is probably closest with his post. That could be the total amount of shows played over 2-3 years but somebody mistakenly stated it as over 1 year.

Maybe some PR person thought: LP was most successful band of 2001, let's throw in this fact that they were also the most busy band to make them look even more superior. It's funny that this over 300 shows "fact" is so old and nobody really questioned it all this time.