Your Favorite Top 5 Shows Of All Time

Geki

After this Summer, the LIVING THINGS cycle will essentially be completed. I was wondering what everyone's top 5 shows of LP's career thus far are. I was reading the LPU chat with Chester from 2009 and he said that Milton Keynes and Madison Square Garden (2008) were definitely in LP's top 5 shows and it inspired me to make this thread. Pick any show from 2000-2013 and please no side projects like FM, DBS, BOW, etc. Here are mine in no particular order:

Rock am Ring, Adenau, Germany 2004

Epic crowd, epic set, and the band was on fire at this show. 2004 was arguably the best live year for LP IMO, and this show definitely captures the energy of the whole year. I also remember watching this show almost everyday back in like 2004/2005 on my computer. It has a timeless feel to it.

Summer Sonic - Tokyo, JP 2006

Such a fantastic show. The band was collectively playing really well at this show, and Chester's voice was top notch. I said 2004 was arguably the best live year for LP, but the 2006 shows were definitely Chester's best year as for as vocals go. Qwerty is epic from this show, and it took us (LP fanbase) forever to get the pro-shot video of Qwerty, but the LPL guys got it for us in 2009 because they are awesome. Also, it was the only 'new' song that we had from 2003-2007 and it was heavy as hell. Reading My Eyes returned for these shows, which was amazing. Mike said they had to download the mp3 of it from a LP fansite because they couldn't entirely remember it, which was amazing as well. Shinoda is a boss. Overall, a great set and a great performance, especially from Chester. It also brings back memories for me, 2006 was a great year for me and I remember listening to the 2006 shows over and over. Also, anyone remember squaljapan's rip of Qwerty? Hahaha. You could really pick any show from 2006, but I chose this one because we have a lot of officially released live tracks from this show.

Live 8 - Philadelphia, PA 2005

According to Astat, this was LP's biggest show that they ever played, which is partially why I chose this show as 1 of the 5. LP's performance definitely wasn't the best, nor was Chester, but it was understandable considering what he was going through at the time. I really enjoy all the LPJZ live performances, and I thought it was cool how they made a 9 song set out of LP classics and some LPJZ songs. I remember watching this show on live webcast from my Dad's computer when I was 15. Anyways, cool show and it was a HUGE show and for a really good cause.

Orlando, FL 2000

This show is a just a classic LP show in my heart, as with many other LP fans. It's the very first LP show that we have audio of, and the quality is pretty decent, too. This was another show I used to love playing way back in the day. The commentary between songs is awesome. ''We're called Linkin Park, from Los Angeles, California'', ''We got a single coming out on October 24th, this song is called In The End, check it out'', etc. Also, And One is really good from this show. I put this on the list simply because it is the first show we have audio from with LP, and because it's just a classic show IMO, that shows the band in their very early days.

Bamboozle - East Rutherford, NJ 2007

This was the first LP show I ever attended. Everything about it was epic. I remember around Thanksgiving of 2006, it was announced that LP would be headlining the festival alongside MCR. I got tickets immediately because the show was driveable for me and it was the first LP show on the East Coast since 2005 (Live 8), 2004 if you want to count an actual LP tour. Once the time came, I remember leaving a day early to get a hotel with my Mom and my best friend (she had to drive since I had no car). We got up early and checked out tons and tons of bands, got some new LP merch, etc and just had an overall blast for the next 2 days. I got selected for the LPU Meet and Greet for the first time and got to meet LP and get my HTEP Re-Issue signed by them, which was epic, got to take some pics with Chester and Mike, etc. The actual show was very good. To this day, this is the only LP show in which I have been literally knocked to the ground, the crowd was going CRAZY and moshing, etc. I remember losing one of my shoes during the show!! My Mom ended up finding it in the parking lot after the show, talk about finding a needle in a haystack, huh? This was the only time that Runaway was performed during the entire MTM & ATS cycles, so that was cool to see. MTM had also just leaked a few days before the show, so that was great to be able to listen to on the way there.

Edited by Geki

09.12.2001: KROQ AAC Night 2

I love this show! The set is fantastic, Step Up is really great here. And most of all I like the acoustic tracks, especially Crawling with Aaron Lewis.

12.02.2002: Fairfax, VA Patriot Center

This show is fucking great! It's one of the first i've downloaded and listened to. The Projekt Revolution 2002 set is epic: And One/It's Going Down, Step Up, My Own Summer, My December...The band did really well there, and the crowd interaction was epic, too.

13.06.2006: Chiba City, Summer Sonic

QWERTY, Reading My Eyes, PMA (Piano)... great set, great performance - nothing more to say!

20.10.2010: Berlin 02 World

I took this show just because of one reason: it's the first i've attended. And I liked the setlist, because it was all so fresh...ATS was released just one month ago. To listen to the new songs was such an experience (with all the drums...) Mostly I remeber Brad holding his megaphone in my direction.

26.05.2012 Rock in Rio

This is the best live show in 2012! I remember watching this live on the internet, and I was so surprised because of the great set (With You, Runaway, APFMH...) and also the live debut of LGM.

Well, it's really hard to pick the greatest, but in my opinion Rock am Ring 2004 really stands out as one of the best concerts of all time. I think many fans can agree to that.

Also, the Berlin show last year (2012) was great since the venue only held around 1500 people.

Live 8, 2005

According to Astat, this was LP's biggest show that they ever played

quick question, what was the attendance to this show?

no particular order:

Moscow Red Square 2011

Personally i just think that chesters voice at this show was amazing. yeah the set was basically the same as the ATS tour sets (some minor variations) but i just think that the band jammed well and chester did great. i d'loaded the clips at school and even random kids from the grade below me said 'wow! who is that'.

Berlin (Telekom Street Gigs) 2012

The band jammed big at this show, such an intimate venue. This set didnt grow on me throughout the year and into 2013 (tinfoil+faint just not a good intro IMO), but this show just stood out to me, especially the performance of 'Sabotage' on BIO. on top of that, they had a good variation of songs before they incorporated more living things tracks/dropping tracks like Blackout/Runaway.

Itunes Festival 2011

Everyone seems to hack on the ATS sets but i loved them! with that said though they did get a little old as they rarely changed them up.

plus Rolling in the Deep was great, even a few friends that dont follow them said to me holy shit they did that song justice!

Sydney Soundwave 2013

Ok yes my attendance at this show taints my top 5 but cmon, at the very front of a packed out stadium to LP, opening their set with APFMH and set intro and just experiencing that feeling of awe as the guys walk out on the stage and look at the thousands and thousands of people screaming for them .. man i cant explain that feeling. besides, they absolutely killed that show! even points of authority had to be stopped cos they just jammed so hard.

Camden 2004/RAR 04/Live in Texas

yeah i couldnt decide between these.. LIT was just a solid performance.

RAR04 for obvious reasons.. and that killer intro with Dont Stay.

Camden 04 was so energetic, and man Figure.09.. ooft.

quick question, what was the attendance to this show?

Non-organizer estimates have ranged from 600,000 to 800,000 and one million to 1.5 million. Some estimates are of the number of people at the concert at any one time, while other estimates are of the total number of people on the Parkway over the course of the 7-hour long event.

Posted Image Edited by Skipees

Where's the love for Stuttgart 2009?

You had Points of Authority with High Voltage/Bloc Party intro and RME outro

What I've Done with AMBO intro

Mike's keyboard transition between Numb and Breaking the Habit

Breaking the Habit acapella outro

Kwling intro with HHH before Crawling

Rob's drum solo during BIO

Rock AM Ring 2004

This one is so hard to argue with. Crazy amounts of energy and a fantastic crowd.

Best Buy 2010

My first LP show where I met all my amazing LP friends. This show was awesome, from singing 99 bottles of beer (the whole thing!) while in line, to the actual show which was fantastic. This show is why I'll always wonder why the hell they dropped Wretches and Kings because Chester owned it. And it was really cool to hear people having the lyrics down for the ATS songs, even though it dropped that morning.

MSG 2011

Walking into MSG there's some sort of energy there. It was a really loud show, regardless of what the dumb Fuse video showed. Chester and Mike came down to the crowd. My first time getting barricade (even if it was only for the last 5 songs). First time I met the band. Got to hang out with everyone from the Best Buy show. I just remember the band seeming to really enjoy themselves.

Houston 2008

This one for more personal reasons. My first LP show. Chester sang The Outsider which is one of my favorite covers he's done. He also sang with Chris Cornell, "Hunger Strike" which was amazing. I know a lot of people weren't fans of the supporting bands, but 10 Years, Armor for Sleep, Street Drum Core, The Bravery, Ashes Divide, and Chris all brought it in 100+ degree weather when the crowd was barely hanging on during the day. Plus the Woodlands is a fantastic arena.

My favorites are more shows I went to, but its hard for me to judge shows I didn't. RAR was just too obvious of an epic show not to be here, and Stuttgart had one of my favorite setlists.

Best Buy 2010

My first LP show where I met all my amazing LP friends. This show was awesome, from singing 99 bottles of beer (the whole thing!) while in line, to the actual show which was fantastic. This show is why I'll always wonder why the hell they dropped Wretches and Kings because Chester owned it. And it was really cool to hear people having the lyrics down for the ATS songs, even though it dropped that morning.

I was at this show too. The 99 bottles of beer moment was fucking awesome and funny. I remember when everyone kept walking by and asking who was performing and one person said Lady Gaga and the person believed us. So funny. Haha. I waited in like for like 10 hours that day just to get front row, it was crazy. Great show, too. So much fun. And the only show ever to have The Requiem/The Radiance/New Divide, as well as the debut of Wretches and some other ATS songs. Good show, I had so much fun. Did we ever meet at the show?

Edited by Geki

I was at this show too. The 99 bottles of beer moment was fucking awesome and funny. I remember when everyone kept walking by and asking who was performing and one person said Lady Gaga and the person believed us. So funny. Haha. I waited in like for like 10 hours that day just to get front row, it was crazy. Great show, too. So much fun. And the only show ever to have The Requiem/The Radiance/New Divide, as well as the debut of Wretches and some other ATS songs. Good show, I had so much fun. Did we ever meet at the show?

I don't think so. Once I got into the venue I went straight for a spot and all 10 people I had been talking too went in different directions from me. lol

Though it's funny because a guy I met at the 2011 MSG show was standing a few people away from me in line at Best Buy, but we never talked. You and I were also probably right by each other because I totally remember the Lady Gaga thing. I was right beside the sidewalk barricade.