KROQ Contest: LP Rehearsal

RogueSoul

As expected, Linkin Park will be holding a rehearsal before the Sunset Music Festival show in Los Angeles. This will take place on August 1, 2013 at a location that hasn't been announced yet, but due to the number of fans invited, it is likely it will take place at Third Encore as usual. To win your way into the rehearsal, read the announcement by KROQ below:

"Head over to any Southern California Hot Topic location to grab the all-new KROQ sticker and enter for your chance to win a private performance with Linkin Park for you and 10 friends, plus a $500 Hot Topic Gift Card! Once you’ve picked up the sticker, you’ll have a few ways to enter for your chance to win. Fill out the back of the sticker and send it to us, or use the code on the back of the sticker to complete the online entry below.

The KROQ Promotions Crew will be stopping by several So Cal Hot Topic locations to hook you up with tons of prizes, tickets and the all-new sticker. Here’s a list of where you’ll be able to find ‘em each day from 12pm-2pm.

HOT TOPIC STOPS

7/8 – Monday – Los Cerritos Center

7/9 – Tuesday – Brea Mall

7/10 – Wednesday – Ontario Mills

7/12 – Friday – Lakewood Center Mall

7/15 – Monday – Plaza At West Covina

7/16 – Tuesday – Universal City Walk

7/17 – Wednesday – Irvine Spectrum

7/22 – Monday – Northridge Fashion Center

7/23 – Tuesday – Inland Center (San Bernardino)

7/24 – Wednesday – Stonewood Center (Downey)

7/26 – Friday – Victoria Gardens (Rancho Cucamonga)

7/27 – Saturday – The Block At Orange"

Irene adds: "According to the back of the KROQ sticker, the performance will be on 8/1/13."

Who's going to enter?

No, not like Bristow. I'm pretty sure this will be during rehearsals at Thrid Encore, just like KROQ dressing room or XMradio last year, those were pretty small too. The place can't hold a lot of people anyway.

I think people that have tons of LP tattoos and have seen the band live tons of times of more die-hard, or have been around since the Hybrid Theory days

That means obsessed, not die-hard.

I think people that have tons of LP tattoos and have seen the band live tons of times of more die-hard, or have been around since the Hybrid Theory days

She's my friend, i know what i'm talking about.

Also i'm fan since 2001, and i don't have tattoes and i only have 2 LP Shows in my life.

That means obsessed, not die-hard.

This.

IRENE HERE [raises hands]

I have ONE LP tattoo & even when/if I get a 2nd one or the number of shows I go to doesn't make me more or less of a fan than any other.

Call me die hard, call me obsessed, call me what you will. The fans/friends I have made because of LP know me for me & that's all that matters.

I know lots more people that have been to way more shows and have way more tattoos. I don't think any less of them. Many of us (including me) have been to many many many shows especially if we've been fans since the beginnin. If we have the means and opportunity to do so why the hell not?!?! That doesn't make anyone a bad person.

WE ALL LOVE THE SAME BAND.

Edited by irene_k

Call me die hard, call me obsessed, call me what you will. The fans/friends I have made because of LP know me for me & that's all that matters.

\o/ true.

I have ONE LP tattoo & even when/if I get a 2nd one or the number of shows I go to doesn't make me more or less of a fan than any other.

I know lots more people that have been to way more shows and have way more tattoos. I don't think any less of them. Many of us (including me) have been to many many many shows especially if we've been fans since the beginnin. If we have the means and opportunity to do so why the hell not?!?! That doesn't make anyone a bad person.

Win.

Epic comment #4!

Best way someone has said "IM HERE BITCHES" on this forum to dat lmao

That's a compliment... I think? LOL! I'll take it hahahaha!!!

I like where this thread is going... ; )

Back to the topic: I think it would be really cool to be a part of this performance. It is my DREAM to step foot in third encore... OMG THE FEELS.

Of course the band will rehearse for a few weeks. They rehearsed for Vegas for like 10+ days just to play the same set again LOL

Hopefully this time they can incorporate one different song in there. Step Up or Reading My Eyes or something.

Of course the band will rehearse for a few weeks. They rehearsed for Vegas for like 10+ days just to play the same set again LOL

:lol:

Hopefully this time they can incorporate one different song in there. Step Up or Reading My Eyes or something.

in the past we said "i want them to play X/Y/Z", now we are saying something because every small change takes a few months. Edited by Skipees

To me, Sal is the biggest fan of LP

• 3 weeks later...

I was waiting for the band started the sessions on Third Encore to post this, i was really sure about they will start rehearse like a couple of days before the first perfomance (KROQ), i really worried about this. The band started yesterday (at least the Crew).

You guys think that they will play something special or new with just a couple of days of rehearsals? :(

I was waiting for the band started the sessions on Third Encore to post this, i was really sure about they will start rehearse like a couple of days before the first perfomance (KROQ), i really worried about this. The band started yesterday (at least the Crew).

You guys think that they will play something special or new with just a couple of days of rehearsals? :(

time isn't indication when it comes to new stuff (QWERTY).

I really doubt anything new and/or exciting will happen at this. even if the promo and build-up has been pretty unusual and has thrown up some cool old memorabilia, I doubt we'll get somethng crazy cool from this performance.

I will gladly be proved wrong, however.