Linkin Park Rumored For Soundwave 2013

hahninator

Rumors are now circulating that Linkin Park will headline Soundwave 2013, possibly with Godsmack. Soundwave is an Australian traveling festival that hits major cities in the country. 2012's Soundwave featured System Of A Down, Alter Bridge, Bush, Slipknot and more and traveled to Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth. On the 2007 and 2010 Aussie tours, LP hit all five of those cities (or suburbs of them) so this would be fitting for them to play.

The Soundwave Festival usually runs from late February to early March. Chester confirmed recently that the band plans to hit Australia on this touring cycle, so this is definitely possible.

Source here. Thanks to Neil for the heads up!

If the rumors are true does that mean LP will not be playing any arena shows in Australia. Its awesome to see LP playing at Aussie festivals but I would prefer to see them just doing a normal tour.

Would anyone believe me if I said I saw this coming?

It makes sense, if they're doing North American in autumn then Europe in winter. The other major territories are Australia and Asia so it would make sense for 2013 to start with those, and Soundwave would be perfect. Wouldn't surprise me if they did a few Asian dates after that before maybe returning to the US in late spring.

If this does prove to be true then consider myself (and several other LP fans I've spoken to about this) devastated. Of all the festivals to hit Australia, Soundwave is by far the best. Having said that, there's nothing worse than seeing your favorite band at a festival. It's likely to be full of tards who will spend the duration of the set yelling "PLAY HYBRID THEORY". It'll be an absolute struggle to get to the front of the pit and then you're usually stuck with bogan d*ckheads whose sole purpose appears to be to annoy everybody in sight for the duration of their day.

Don't get me wrong. Any LP Australia tour announcement will be joy for me... but I'd prefer it to be for their own headline shows.

Holy crap. I've been waiting for this moment. I said to myself that LP would most likely be touring AUS in Late November or late January. But, yeah.. I've never been but all my friends go. I will defiantly go in 2013 if this is true. Not getting my hopes up. And I agree with narc, there will be a lot of assholes there.. ill make sure to get up the front and find some true fans.

If this does prove to be true then consider myself (and several other LP fans I've spoken to about this) devastated. Of all the festivals to hit Australia, Soundwave is by far the best. Having said that, there's nothing worse than seeing your favorite band at a festival. It's likely to be full of tards who will spend the duration of the set yelling "PLAY HYBRID THEORY". It'll be an absolute struggle to get to the front of the pit and then you're usually stuck with bogan d*ckheads whose sole purpose appears to be to annoy everybody in sight for the duration of their day.

Don't get me wrong. Any LP Australia tour announcement will be joy for me... but I'd prefer it to be for their own headline shows.

You pretty much took the words out of my mouth. Yes Soundwave and Big Day Out are basically the two biggest (and IMO only ones worth going to) festivals in Australia. With that said, I don't think LP would get the greatest reception at Soundwave then they would at Rock AM Ring in Europe or something. Soundwave is normally full of Metal heads. And if LP come on and Play like Numb, Catalyst, Burn it Down, I personally don't think it would go well unless all the shit is like OSC, NMS, Given Up etc etc.

With that said, Ill go no matter what. But it would really fuck for us LP AUS fans having to deal with the massive crowds, sticking it out thought all the facts if we want to be at the barrier etc. Headlining their own tour would be a far better option. And fuck, with their production these days for their shows, I don't think Soundwave can cater a production like that. Just do a stadium tour and fuck the shit out of those shows.

/rant

Yeah I wasn't too happy when I found out. The only upside is I guess they will do 'Sideshows' then? I mean the headliners always do sideshows.... 2 shows per major city then?

(Thanks for posting this for me Mark)

Edit: Just saw my post count compared to my member number/how long ive been here... lurker much haha.

Edited by AusNeil

Yeah I wasn't too happy when I found out. The only upside is I guess they will do 'Sideshows' then? I mean the headliners always do sideshows.... 2 shows per major city then?

If they do, that'd be excellent - because then I'd be going to both, in almost all of the cities :D Haha

If the rumors are true does that mean LP will not be playing any arena shows in Australia. Its awesome to see LP playing at Aussie festivals but I would prefer to see them just doing a normal tour.

Not true. They can still do stand-alone shows in between. The festivals aren't back-to-back-to-back, there's a couple day breaks in between some.

It would be really cool if they did an arena tour around the same time as soundwave, they could then have a setlist of heavier songs for soundwave and a setlist of the new shit for the arenas. Not gonna happen though cause whilst LP are cool but they ain't that fuckin' cool :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy crap. I've been waiting for this moment. I said to myself that LP would most likely be touring AUS in Late November or late January. But, yeah.. I've never been but all my friends go. I will defiantly go in 2013 if this is true. Not getting my hopes up. And I agree with narc, there will be a lot of assholes there.. ill make sure to get up the front and find some true fans.

the day when this news was out , i confirmed im going to this 100000 % i want to visit my family there + Lp , will be awesome to see Lp along with top bands like Metallica , Slayer , Slipknot ,Papa roach return there im up for it sure , Every rumour festival dates has been proven to come live so far , i hope this will come true too XD

and not to forget they will also putting up shows in newzeland along with auz date for 2013 the band want to get back there too , i guess Chester told sometime before

Edited by aravind221

I don't think Soundwave can cater a production like that.

They can cater Slipknot, Rob Zombie, and Iron Maiden...that's pretty extensive production!

BDO might be more up LP's alley...that's where bands like Tool and Rammstein with ENORMOUS PRODUCTION play.