SSMF/Asian Tour Setlists

RogueSoul

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LP may play an old Xero/Hybrid Theory song for the Sunset Strip show. I can definitely see it happening, and they definitely should. I like to think maybe Carousel, since we haven't a live recording of it and Mike mentioned it in that LPU chat he did a week ago. It means he definitely has Carousel in his mind somewhat. Interesting.

What did he said about Carousel?

so far: 3 LT singles, Papercut and POA (and big maybe for Step Up). like i said, even if they will play something new/old they will keep it in secret i guess.

Edited by Skipees

As long as the set don't start with Tinfoil/Faint and ends with Burn It Down, In The End, Bleed It Out everything is okay ;)

I'm excited about the RME bridge, maybe it's different from the one they had played before.

The only thing different might be RME over BIO. And the normal Set A lol. Still the worst encore I think they've ever had.

I think they played the songs at the rehearsal in order relative to their position in the set. Based on that I think the BID/ITE/BIO trio will end the main set and TINFOIL(?)/Faint/OSC will be the encore. LITE should open the show.

hot they can do it different?

Well it'd be pretty epic if they took a lot of RME. Maybe verse 1, chorus and bridge. Then back into BIO.

Verse 1 over the drums w/ BIO guitar, like it was at Venice 2008. Fucking Richard, I think he removed his 30 second video of it from YouTube lol. Then go into a chorus with a RME guitar part and launch into the bridge with Chester singing/screaming like he did on it in 2006.

That'd be pretty legit. But still not as good as the full song.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my response to Soul talking about ITE/BIO closing a set. But it turned into a rant about the fucking encores. Maybe I am the only person tired of so many singles every show. LP is great live no matter what they play but damn, they really use their radio songs as a crutch for their performances. I don't think they'd do any damage by doing one tour with just 2-3 singles. When the next album drops, play the whole fucking album. Fuck it. When ATS dropped, they should have just played ATS start to finish and then did a second set of non singles + 3 singles they LIKE playing. Not the obligatory ITE, Numb, OSC shit they feel like they have to play. What do they really like to play that's a single?

ITE and BIO really flow into each other well. In 2007 I saw OSC, ITE and BIO close the show, which was a really interesting encore but an epic fucking encore at that...OSC with the long intro, BIO extended like crazy with the singalong chorus and the slow -> fast outro...holy shit that was great. I don't think the encores though should be BID, ITE, BIO...but that's just my personal opinion. To me, Set B and C have much stronger encores.

Encores to me, I think, should have some PUNCH and be pretty heavy. Maybe the first song can be slow, like TLTGYA or My December. For example, Messenger into ITE, WID and BIO...let's have something a little heavier and not so many 3~ minute radio singles that don't jam as much. WID is an excellent song but I don't think it's good to put in the encore until it's opening the encore.

A slow song, APFMH, OSC is great. Blackout, Papercut, Crawling, Faint, OSC is REALLY great. I mean just some heavier shit is great. LOST IN THE ECHO, Papercut, OSC...excellent. TINFOIL, Faint, LFY/Papercut, OSC....best one I've ever seen them do. New Divide, Faint, OSC....awesome.

WTCFM, Papercut, New Divide, Crawling, OSC....awesome except for New Divide ruining the vibe. I might be too fucking critical of the band or picky if one song is ruining a vibe for me at a show I guess lol. But shit: Wretches, Papercut, Given Up, New Divide, Faint, WTCFM, NMS....you tell me which song is slow and the crowd won't jam on. New Divide. Yep. Faint, Papercut, Given Up, With You, SIB, New Divide, VICTIMIZED, LFY, LGM, POA. New Divide does it again. LGM I fucking hate but it at least is an upbeat song.

I just think it doesn't get more boring than studio versions of BID, ITE, Numb, BIO (w/ Sabotage) to close a show. It's like playing the radio singles to the casual fans. Where's the fucking encore of No More Sorrow, Don't Stay, Faint at? Or Breaking The Habit, LFY/Papercut, OSC?

This is my response to Soul talking about ITE/BIO closing a set. But it turned into a rant about the fucking encores....

Lol what have I done? :PWhat you said really sums up my problem with the sets, especially Set A. There's always this point where the crowd just dies. The songs can't provide enough energy to keep the crowd going and it becomes awkward, like the crowd doesn't really know whether to jump or just watch. Especially with tge encore, BID opening it is really bad. I wouldnt even mind if they opened it with the Ballad Medley.

Just rearranging Set A, without anything else done:

01. TINFOIL

02. Faint

03. Papercut

04. Given Up

05. With You

06. Somewhere I Belong

07. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

08. Points Of Authority

09. Waiting For The End

10. LIES GREED MISERY

11. Numb

12. Breaking The Habit

13. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent

14. New Divide

15. The Catalyst

16. LOST IN THE ECHO

17. BURN IT DOWN

18. In The End

19. Bleed It Out

--------------------------------------------

20. CASTLE OF GLASS

21. What I've Done

22. One Step Closer

I think this is a lot better. I rearranged it a lot but its the same songs. I thought having LGM between POA/WFTE was weird, so I moved it.