2001 Intros

[AndOne]

LP used several different intros during their extensive touring in 2001. Since we are missing these details for most of the 2001 shows I went through most of the recordings to write down what intros were used. I want to base this on facts and no speculation since some recordings are simply missing the intro sometimes.

We know that during Ozzfest 2001 the band decided to use a heavier rock intro (Welcome To The Jungle by GNR) to appeal more to the rock crowds. With this list we can now narrow it down to 2 shows where this switch possibly happened.

I always thought they kept interchanging these intros but obviously there are clear changes.

-Street Soldiers Tour-

Las Vegas 0202 - "RAR" intro

Dragon Festival - "RAR" intro

-Europe with Deftones-

Paris - "RAR" intro

Manchester - "RAR" intro

London 24 - "RAR" intro

LA Palladium - "RAR" intro

-May/June 2001-

Newtown - "RAR" intro

Tokyo - "RAR" intro

Osaka - "RAR" intro

WHFS - "RAR" intro

Rock im Park 1 - "RAR" intro

Rock im Park 2 - "RAR" intro + moaning

Rock am Ring - "RAR" intro

-Ozzfest-

Denver - My Decemberish Hip Hop intro

Wantagh - My Decemberish Hip Hop intro

George - My Decemberish Hip Hop intro

(either Marysville, CA or MV was the first show with the new intro)

Mountain View - Welcome To The Jungle intro (longer)

Camden - Welcome To The Jungle intro

Rochester - Welcome To The Jungle scratch intro

Boston - Welcome To The Jungle intro

Wantagh - Welcome To The Jungle intro

Holmdel - Welcome To The Jungle intro

Holmdel - Welcome To The Jungle intro

-Europe-

Berlin - Welcome To The Jungle intro

Paris - "Milan" intro

Milan - "Milan" intro

-Family Values Tour-

Rosemont - "Milan" intro

St. Paul - "Milan" intro

Toronto - "Milan" intro

Albany - "Milan" intro

Worcester - "Milan" intro

Anaheim - "Milan" intro

Tacoma - "Milan" intro

-December 2001-

San Jose - "Milan" intro

KROQ AAC night 1 - "Milan" intro

KROQ AAC night 2 - "Milan" intro

We don't know the real names of these intros so I used temporary names. Later we might just number them and have a page with examples how they sound like.

I used "RAR" and "Milan" cause at least to me these are the most common shows they were used at.

I didn't put much work intro detail for the Street Soldiers Tour since they most likely used it for the entire tour, just to see how far it goes back.

If it's not too much trouble, can you post a link to either a video or audio of each one of these intros?

I know the RAR one and the Milan one of course but I don't know the My Decemberish Hip Hop intro. Was that the one they used in 2000 when APFMH opened sometimes? I think maybe Kings College had it too?

Wow that's definitely My December. Maybe it's a demo of it or something. Or just a remix for the live intro. That would be interesting to find out.

That's not the same intro from early 2001 I was talking about, at Kings College. I like that one too.

Wow that's definitely My December. Maybe it's a demo of it or something. Or just a remix for the live intro. That would be interesting to find out.

i don't think it's a demo since My December recorded in 2000 and this are from 2001. remix for the live intro sounds more reasonable.

That's not the same intro from early 2001 I was talking about, at Kings College. I like that one too.

The Kings College intro (also used towards the end of 2000) is the one that samples Love Ridden by Fiona Apple, if i recall correctly.

The Kings College intro (also used towards the end of 2000) is the one that samples Love Ridden by Fiona Apple, if i recall correctly.

Yes. They also used it in Hamburg (I think it's no included in the recording but you can hear the last few notes of it) so they probably used it for all the Euro promo shows and late 2000 shows (the November Roseland show has it for example). There's a setlist for the Kings College show but the intro is just called "intro" so it's doesn't have a specific name.

They used a couple nterludes in 2001 for example the Street Soldiers Tour:

- Before Papercut the "Hybrid speech", also used in the High Voltage reprise studio version, did we ever figure it out where this is from?

- Short instrumental piece before Crawling

- After Forgotten "Briefcase speech", Michael Douglas from the movie Falling Down (1993)

or for example Rock am Ring 2001:

- "You knew I was being threatened...", from Bruce Lee Game Of Death

- "You cannot fuck with this band" from 'Violent Femes - Intro' also used by Slipknot